VP Harris cancels planned campaign appearance for CA Gov. Gavin Newsom

In the aftermath of the horrific terror attack in Afghanistan that left 13 U.S. service members dead, Vice President Kamala Harris scuttled plans to appear at a campaign rally for embattled California Gov. Gavin Newsom, who is facing a difficult fight ahead of a recall election that has put his job in real jeopardy, as the Daily Caller reports.

The vice president declared her intention of hitting the trail in support of Newsom earlier this month, a fact which some observers read as an indication of growing fears among top Democrats that the chief executive of her home state stands a real chance of being unseated on Sept. 14.

Harris had been slated to participate in a car rally with Newsom in which attendees would be required to provide either proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or of a negative coronavirus test – despite the fact that everyone would remain in their vehicles for the entire duration of the event, as Fox News noted.

According to SFGate.com, those planning to attend the rally were also informed of the need to bring a mask, though it was unclear whether they would be forced to wear them while sitting in their own cars, or if they were needed only if they exited the car to visit the restroom.

However, as news began to emerge of the devastating terror attack in Kabul, the rally was eventually canceled, though even the idea of the event taking place amid the deteriorating situation in Afghanistan was enough to elicit the contempt of Fox News contributor Tammy Bruce, who said that such a gathering would amount to “…an obscene display of politicking…the most obscene we’ve seen in a very long time.”

According to Bruce, Harris should also never have gone on a recent overseas trip to Singapore and Vietnam due to the worsening circumstances in Afghanistan, adding that she “needed to stay and work on this kind of emergency,” and blasting her for “avoiding doing her job.”

Locked in a tight battle to retain his job as California governor, Newsom also drew the public support of President Joe Biden, who issued a statement last week urging voters to reject the recall effort and labeling the Democrat “a key partner in fighting the pandemic and delivering economic relief to working families and helping us build our economy back better than ever…”.

If Newsom loses his bid to retain his position, the front runner to replace him is conservative host and pundit Larry Elder, who has blasted the sitting governor for his handling of the COVID-19 lockdowns, the surge in crime across the state, and the rampant homelessness plaguing its major cities.

Echoing the sentiments of legions of state residents who are fed up with Newsom’s radical, hypocritical, and authoritarian mode of governance, Elder told Fox News’ Maria Bartiromo on Sunday, “Many Californians want this man to go, and I believe Sept. 14 he’ll be out of here,” and given the declining popularity of the Democrat’s political allies — including Harris and Biden — that prediction may well come true.

4.5 2 votes

Richard Hoard (@guest_392028)

I am making $92/hour telecommuting. I never imagined that it was honest to goodness yet my closest companion is earning $15 thousand a month by working on the web, that was truly shocking for me, she prescribed me to attempt it. simply give it a shot on the accompanying site… http://www.cashoffer9.com

Last edited 25 days ago by Richard Hoard
Susan (@guest_391912)

I am creating an honest wage from home $5,000 Dollars/week, that is wonderful, below a year gone i used to be unemployed during an atrocious economy. I convey God on a daily basis. I used to be endowed with these directions and currently it’s my duty to pay it forward and share it with everybody,

Here is where I started……………… https://www.paybuzz1.com

Last edited 26 days ago by Susan
Richard Hoard (@guest_391860)

Last edited 26 days ago by Richard Hoard
Gerald Allmer (@guest_391842)

I believe the mishandling of this evacuation and withdrawal from Afghanistan is such a black eye to both Biden and Harris and the fact that they abandon over 80 billion dollars worth of military equipment for the Taliban to take over is worse than any reasonable act any soldier has ever committed and the president and the vice president and the speaker of the house should all be brought up on charges because this is a decision it was made lightly and should not be taken lightly because we lost service members plus Biden handed over a list of people to the Taliban that were to be given safe haven to the airport and they ended up being assassinated That’s a kill list that adds to the insult of this president They all three need to go and we need to have a reelection as soon as possible to find a suitable administrator

Latesha (@guest_391797)

I’m making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life.
This is where i started…>>> http://Www.CashApp1.Com