Taliban spokesperson warns US against interference with group’s ‘culture’

Amid the chaotic American troop withdrawal from Afghanistan, the concerns of many have turned to the fate of girls and women under the newly-installed leadership, given its historically barbaric treatment of females, and a Taliban spokesperson just warned the United States against making any attempt to coerce a change in their cultural beliefs, as the Washington Examiner reports.

On Friday, Taliban spokesperson Suhail Shaheen declared to Fox News in response to growing concerns about the potential plight of women in Afghanistan that “there will be no issue about women’s rights,” but he also emphasized his opposition to Western notions that “women should have an education without [a] hijab,” referencing the traditional Muslim head covering.

“That is a change of culture,” Shaheen continued, “Our culture…[women] can receive education with hijab. They can work with hijab.”

Despite those attempts to assuage the world’s concerns about the status of women and girls in Afghanistan now that American influence is gone, Shaheen interjected an alarming caveat.

“There will be no issue about the women’s rights. No problem about their education, their work. But we should not be after changing each other’s culture as we are not intending to change your culture, you should not be changing our culture.”

Sadly, much skepticism remains about the likelihood that women and girls in Afghanistan will be able to continue their careers and educational paths as established over the past 20 years. As the Examiner noted, many of those who lived under prior Taliban leadership point out that in the previous era, women could not appear in public unless escorted by a male family member, could not work, and could not receive formal education, under penalty of beatings, or even execution.

It was not long after Kabul fell to the Taliban insurgents last month that members of that group were spotted defacing images of women in advertisements on buildings, leading to additional concerns about the mistreatment about to befall the country’s females.

Worries about the plight of women in Afghanistan have been echoed by a number of prominent women’s rights advocates, such as Sheryl Sandberg of Facebook, fashion mogul Diane von Furstenberg, and actress Charlize Theron, all of whom joined forces to implore the Biden administration to take concrete steps to safeguard the gains made by Afghan women over the last two decades, as Axios noted.

As a result of the Biden administration’s hasty exit from Afghanistan and apparent disinterest in the consequences for the women and girls who remain, as former President George W. Bush put it, “Afghan women and girls are going to suffer unspeakable harm,” and that is something for which the current president must be held to account.

Leslieich (@guest_394742)

I am now making extra $19k or more every month from home by doing very simple and easy job online from home. I have received exactly $20845 last month from this home job. Join now this job and start making extra cash online by
follow instruction on website Here→→  https://Www.Jobcash1.com

Last edited 19 days ago by Leslieich
Cheryl (@guest_394721)

I’m making over $17k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life.
This is where i started…>>> http://Www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 19 days ago by Cheryl
Richard (@guest_394704)

I am making $92/hour telecommuting. I never imagined that it was honest to goodness yet my closest companion is earning $15 thousand a month by working on the web, that was truly shocking for me, she prescribed me to attempt it. simply give it a shot on the accompanying site… http://www.cashoffer9.com

Last edited 19 days ago by Richard
BeatriceHollis (@guest_394690)

My last pay check was $8750 just ecom working 12 hours for every week. My neighbor have found the estimation of $15k for a long time and she works around 20 hours for seven days. I can not trust how direct it was once I tried it information.. http://Www.NetJob1.com

Last edited 19 days ago by BeatriceHollis
Richard (@guest_394669)

Last edited 19 days ago by Richard
Cheryl (@guest_394638)

This is where i started…>>> http://Www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 19 days ago by Cheryl
Richard (@guest_394624)

Last edited 19 days ago by Richard
Lena Kroger (@guest_394590)

Get $192 hourly from Google!…Yes this is Authentic since I just got my first payout of $24413 and this was just of a single week… I have also bought my Range Rover Velar right after this payout…It is really cool job I have ever had and you won’t forgive yourself if you do not check it…

Try it, you won’t regret it!………………… https://www.paybuzz1.com