Swiss embassy says Chinese media cited phony biologist to further COVID narrative

In a bizarre twist in the ongoing the quest for accurate information about the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Swiss embassy in China has declared that a biologist cited by Chinese media who supposedly hailed from Switzerland likely does not even exist, according to The Telegraph.

In a detailed Twitter post, the embassy also urged Chinese media outlets that had referenced so-called Swiss biologist “Wilson Edwards” to retract and remove posts and articles that mentioned him and therefore contain “false” news, as the BBC noted.

One example in which the identity “Wilson Edwards” was used by a Chinese media outlet in the coronavirus context was found in the China Daily, which posted, “[Wilson Edwards] said on his Facebook account: ‘As a biologist, I’ve witnessed in consternation over the past months how the origin-tracing of COVID-19 was politicized.’”

Shanghai Daily, via its Shine digital platform, reported, “A European biologist has come to the fore with a startling claim that a World Health Organization (WHO) advisory group on tracing the origins of pathogens including the virus responsible for the Covid-19 pandemic, would become a ‘political tool,’” as the BBC further noted.

The scientist supposedly known as Wilson Edwards was further said to have opined that “the U.S. is so obsessed with attacking China on the origin-tracing issue that it is reluctant to open its eyes to the data and findings.”

According to the Swiss embassy, there is simply no record of registration of a Swiss citizen going by the name Wilson Edwards, and no academic papers have been published under that moniker. Furthermore, the Facebook page referenced in the Chinese media mentions of the supposed biologist dated back just two weeks prior to the citations and boasted a mere three friends.

The Swiss diplomatic installation noted that it was going on the assumption that the articles in which “Wilson Edwards” was used as a source were disseminated in good faith and was simply asking that those who publicized or amplified them take steps to issue corrections.

That overly charitable view, however, may not be so readily accepted by those who have spent the last 17 months both frustrated and infuriated by the deception and obfuscation emanating from China on all things COVID-19 and the seeming unwillingness of leaders in our own country to press harder for the answers every American deserves about the origins of this scourge.

Bill W Murphy (@guest_387377)

WOW !!! Don’t doubt this “finding”, not one bit. Chinese taught out government very well too, I should say !

Marcie (@guest_387181)

Here is I started.……………………………….>>  https://Www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Marcie
guest (@guest_387159)

i don’t know what to believe, i don’t know what to think. i’ve taken 1 shot so far, not sure if i’m going back for the other. but still in all ppl are dying all around us from something . could some one PLEASE for once be honest and tell us what is going on and what is real.. please.

Antogeny (@guest_387137)

Oh, HOW did Suckerberg miss this?

xiyofir8 (@guest_387136)

Begin Working in Home Now .A month earlier I GOT check of almost Twenty Five Thousand Us Dollars this online work is fundamental and direct, don’t need to go OFFICE, Its home online development
Just Go to This Link and Apply……………… https://xurl.es/xh63e

Last edited 1 month ago by xiyofir8
Stephen Russell (@guest_387116)

Fake media story, fake scientist ALL to aid China efforts, Whats next

Leslie (@guest_387096)

Make money online from home extra cash more than $18k 💰  to $21k 💰 . Start getting paid every month Thousands Dollars online. I have received $26K 💰  in this month by just working online from home in my part time.

Every person easily do this job by just visit…….. 💕 ……… 👉  https://www.PayBuzz1.com  👈

Last edited 1 month ago by Leslie
Pamela (@guest_387085)

Here is I started.……………………………….>>  https://Www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Pamela
TAIWAN COMMONER (@guest_387069)

They are right about the West NOT OPENING THEIR EYES TO THE FACTS about the origin of the virus. Expecting China to openly admit anything factual about the virus, and where and how it was developed is foolish and a waste of time. The facts were available on the web until Google and other BIG TECH social media companies CENSORED IT! In America, the most deceitful, arrogant, elitist in our bureaucracy continues to stonewall and LIE about HIS INVOLVEMENT WITH THE WIV! He needs to clearly answer some very direct questions, UNDER OATH! Sen Paul has the POWER TO DO IT AND IS THE ONLY WAY THAT ARROGANT ELITIST FAUCI WILL EVER TELL THE TRUTH! AND IF HE LIES, HE MUST GO TO PRISON FOR TREASON! The world needs to understand the first global use of a bioweapon has occurred, and if not, explain why we should continue to placate China. WE DO KNOW FOR A FACT CHINA TOOK EXTREME MEASURES TO COVER UP ITS EXISTENCE, ALLOWING IT TO SPREAD GLOBALLY! INNOCENT PEOPLE DO NOT WORK THAT HARD TO COVER UP FACTS AND ATTEMPT TO PLACE BLAME EVERYWHERE ELSE BUT ON THEMSELVES!

Lisa (@guest_387061)

Here is I started.……………………………….>>  https://Www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Lisa
Katydid (@guest_387060)

What!!!! The Chinese lied? Oh No.

Orange peel (@guest_387038)

You mean Dr Fauci was the Creater of the virus. He worked on it for years then sent it to China with lots of money by the way taxpayers money, Then made a profit off the virus with patents and masks before anyone knew about the virus. There your murderer Dr Fauci. The biggest con man since Al Gore and his fake climate change.

Angelika (@guest_387017)

So, an IMAGINARY “friend” of FAUX dr. fauci aka dr. MENGELE is/was just that = IMAGINARY…..

Dennis Sumner (@guest_387004)

You mean they lied?? C’mon man!

Jim Johnson (@guest_387002)

why bother pointing out these spam like comments or to flag them?
We’ve been doing this for months already. To no avail! Look at the
other comments on this site right now. can’t even carry on a
conversation related to what you’re reporting and you continue to
allow this kind unrelated “stuff”.

Robert Boyd M D (@guest_387001)

The information presented by the “Swiss” Doctor from China must be ignored unless verified as being accurate, and otherwise should be ignored.

Barbara (@guest_386948)

Here is I started.……………………………….>>  https://Www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Barbara
Lora (@guest_386927)

Amazing! I’ve been making $85 every hour since i started freelancing over the internet half a year ago… I work from home several hours daily and do basic work i get from this company that i stumbled upon online… I am very happy to share this work opportunity to you… It’s definitely the best job i ever had…
Check it out here…………….. https://www.paybuzz1.com