Supreme Court tosses Trump’s appeal in border wall funding case

Former President Donald Trump’s attempts to use special funding provided through the National Emergencies Act to fund a portion of his promised wall at the southern U.S. border was challenged multiple times in all levels of the court system.

According to the Washington Examiner, it appears as if the case has been put out to pasture, as the U.S. Supreme Court on Friday tossed an appeal from the former president on the border wall funding, effectively kicking the case back to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, with instructions to vacate all judgments in the case.

The basis of Friday’s ruling, which came in the form of an unsigned order, was mostly centered on the fact that Trump is no longer the president, and also because President Joe Biden has taken an entirely different direction on the immigration issue, including canceling border wall construction and reversing most of Trump’s immigration policies.

The case, formally known as Trump v. Sierra Club, made its way to the high court on several occasions throughout Trump’s presidency, as a number of groups made legal attempts to stop the former president from using NEA funding to build the border wall.

In virtually every instance of defending his case in various levels of the U.S. court system, Trump and his legal team were met with defeat, as multiple courts continually ruled in favor of his opponents in the particular matter.

However, the Trump administration scored a notable victory in 2019 in the ongoing legal battle after SCOTUS issued a stay on an injunction that blocked border wall funds previously issued by the Ninth Circuit. A year later, the high court would refuse to lift the stay, which was good news for Trump, and led to yet another battle to argue that the Sierra Club lacked standing to sue the administration over the matter.

At that time, the Supreme Court scheduled arguments for the case for the first part of 2021, but ultimately Trump failed to win a second term in the White House. Given Biden’s insistence on reversing most of Trump’s immigration and border policies, the case was ultimately rendered moot.

While the completion of the border wall — one of Trump’s cornerstone 2016 campaign promises — never came to fruition, it certainly wasn’t for a lack of trying.

However, there’s still hope that a wall will be constructed, at least on part of the border, as Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) has pledged to use his gubernatorial powers to pick up where Trump left off, according to The Dallas Morning News.

Marine Bob (@guest_378462)

Now we are really screwed.

CatherinePittman (@guest_378294)

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday CX DEW I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour.

I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>> 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝟐𝟒𝟕.𝐜𝐟

don kelly (@guest_378160)

With what has been going on at our border ever since the demorats stole the election is treason against America. any so calles judges that do not want a safe country , and to end the human trafficking should be disbarred immediately, and permanently. Drugs, M S13 members and terrorists coming in from around .the world. And they are defunding our law enforcement and trying to take our right to defend ourselves.
What is this if not treason?

SherryEvans (@guest_378052)

If You Are On A L00k out For A Way T0 Earn Your First Dollar Online You Can Stop Searching!
Start Now With This Award Winning Program And Receive Your DWQa First Paycheck Within A Week!
Find out more here >>> 𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗮𝗽𝗽𝟮.𝘁𝗸

EstellaRodriguez (@guest_377953)

alicia regina cervera (@guest_377885)

}SCOTUS IS NULL! SOMEBODY has got to act like a president. biden is a zero to the left of any number! So what about all the maerialpaid for and just laying out in the desert without being used,, SCOTUS is gonna let it rot? These justices except one or two are sick, compromised and insane! The last three call themselves conservatives??? hell they are USELESS o the country. throw them out.! Gorsuch, Kaavanaugh and the woman. They are all except Thomaas a DISGRACE and should be ashamed to be called Amercan supreme justices, they are supreme zeroes.

Louise Hill (@guest_377809)

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had.LKJ Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour. I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>> 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬𝟓𝟔.𝐓𝐤

Louise Hill (@guest_377808)

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour. I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>> 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬𝟓𝟔.𝐓𝐤

JuliaNagel (@guest_377776)

I saw the paycheck which was of $9282, I didn’t believe that my mom in-law was like truly erning money part time from their computer.. there neighbour started doing this 4 only 21 months and XZBC resantly paid for the dept on their home and got Maserati.
more info here……………….>>>> 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝟐𝟒𝟕.𝐜𝐟

julia (@guest_377769)

I am making $89/hour telecommuting. ewdw I never imagined that it was honest to goodness yet my closest companion is acquiring $10 thousand a month by working on the web, that was truly shocking for me, she prescribed me to attempt it. simply give it a shot on the accompanying site Copy and paste Link…………….𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲𝟐.𝐜𝐟

Pattie Kelly (@guest_377762)

Biden is killing America with his lack of border wall protection and the SCOTUS voted President Trump’s case MOOT. I just don’t know about the SCOTUS. I have a bad feeling about them. Not just because of this case but what they did to President Trump when a fraudulent election in 2020 was stolen from President Trump. Every case sent to the SCOTUS was tossed out. When it states in the Constitution, that they are to rule by, they ignored the Constitution. So it’s all puzzling to me. I get too pissed off when I comment on them.

Terry Bell (@guest_377878)
Reply to  Pattie Kelly

I agree 100 %

Bob Charles (@guest_377744)

Get rid of all these GOOGLE IDIOTS and maybe we’ll see some real comments

US Patriot (@guest_377742)

We do not need a corrupt Government, Corrupt DOJ, Corrupt CIA, Corrupt FBI and Corrupt Supreme Court . Dump all of them in the ocean!

Nick Cignetti (@guest_377720)

The Sierra Club stupidity gone to seed.

JulianaPeterman (@guest_377657)

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday CX I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour.

I saw the paycheck which was Of $9282, I didn’t believe that my mom in-law was like truly erning money part time from their cOmputer..cms there neighbour started doing this 4 only 21 mOnths and resantly paid fOr the dept on their home and g0t Maserati.

more infO here……………….>>>>>>>>> 𝗘𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗮𝗽𝗽𝟮.𝘁𝗞

Lois (@guest_377571)

I saw the paycheck which was Of $9282, I didn’t believe that my mom in-law was like truly erning money part time from their cOmputer..sdfe there neighbour started doing this 4 only 21 mOnths and resantly paid fOr the dept on their home and g0t Maserati.
more infO here……………….>>>>>>>>>𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐩𝐞𝟐𝟐.𝐜𝐨𝐦

SarahStover (@guest_377555)

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past.FVUj I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour.

FrancesSmith (@guest_377492)

I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>> 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝟎𝟑.𝐭𝐤

CatherinePittman (@guest_378303)
Reply to  FrancesSmith

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday CX TDEW I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour.