Supreme Court kicks out challenge to Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy

Former President Donald Trump enacted a long list of aggressive immigration policies that mitigated the flow of illegal immigrants crossing into the United States, including Trump’s controversial “Remain in Mexico” policy that kept asylum-seekers in Mexico while immigration courts wrapped up their hearings.

According to the Washington Examiner, earlier this week the U.S. Supreme Court kicked out a challenge to that particularly effective Trump-era immigration policy, as President Joe Biden and his administration essentially ended the policy on their own at the beginning of June.

Technically speaking, the high court sent the case back to the United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit with instructions to toss the case as “moot.”

It’s a shame that such a policy, or something similar, is no longer in place, as it was one of the more effective — and controversial as a result — immigration policies enacted by the Trump administration, as it kept tens of thousands of asylum-seeking migrants out of the country while they awaited their day in court.

In contrast, asylum-seekers under the Biden administration are virtually free to leave and do as they please after they’re detained and issued a court date. With the current backlog, it’s not unusual for court dates to be set for a year or more out, and historically, many of those people never bother to show up.

It also acted as a method to track migrants fleeing from political turbulence in countries based in South America and Central America.

However, Biden’s Department of Homeland Security effectively killed the policy earlier this month. In a memo, the agency wrote that the “Remain in Mexico” policy failed to “adequately or sustainably enhance border management.”

The high court’s tossing out of the case comes on the heels of a similar move regarding a case against the Trump administration earlier this year which challenged how Trump’s administration secured funding for the border wall. The case was also ordered to be tossed out as “moot” since Biden announced that he was ending the border wall construction project altogether.

Meanwhile, the immigration crisis at the southern U.S. border continues to rage out of control, and both Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris do not seem to be too worried about it, whatsoever.

Gary m (@guest_373594)

What Biden is doing is not just treason, it is a violation of the oath that he took. He took an oath to serve and protect the people, the country, and the constitution, of the United States of America. He has betrayed the people, and the country, and he is trying to destroy the constitution, all of which he is sworn the uphold. So though it hurts me to say so, he has betrayed our nation, and committed treason. So if Pelosi wont take the necessary steps to remove him, then the people must. If Pelosi says the constitution does not say we can do that, in her own words it does not say we can’t either, and we are his boss, and hers to, and it is time we started acting like bosses, before he destroys the country.

Stephen Russell (@guest_373351)

2 aid the cartels

IslaLowin (@guest_373267)

I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45 to 85 per/h. Without BVN a my doubt, this is the pay easiest and most financially rewarding job I’ve ever had.NBV I actually started 6 months ago and this has totally
changed my life………… 𝐧𝐚𝐯𝐣𝐨𝐛.𝐭𝐤

Adele (@guest_373147)

Biden is sick in the brain he is out of control and he’s wrecking our way of life > I hope he croaks soon. and Camel Toe falls to her demise. She’s not that smart she will never be liked as much as Trump and I can’t wait until we get the last laugh both of these most hated P and VP ever and we will get all of these illegal aliens out of here asap when Trump returns to his rightful seat. They have destroyed our USA and this will never be ok. They will pay in some way. Hags in the house will also lose their minds too. Stroke, heart attack, pure evil demons have to pay. Now our lives will cost us so much more $$$ just to enjoy our lifes and they know what they are doing so they will pay in the long run.

Maggie Cox (@guest_373133)

Absolutely correct on each point. Impeach Biden NOW before he does more damage to our
LEGAL citizens & enables NON-citizens to overrun our country & our government so that we
become identical to the corrupt places they come from.

EdnaElzey (@guest_373069)

I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort FFF I easily bring in around $45 to 85 per/h. Without JHT a my doubt, this is the pay easiest and most financially rewarding job I’ve ever had. I actually started 6 months ago and this has totally
changed my life………… 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐡𝟏.𝐭𝐤

Martin (@guest_373064)

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour. I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>>𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐞𝐣𝐝𝐞.𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐛

ak (@guest_373019)

These reversals of what Trump did are nothing but extreme & childish acts of power . . . all at the expense of U.S. citizens. Almost have to question if Biden’s ‘dementia’ is real or just an act that allows him to get by with all these ridiculous decisions. Whatever it is, he needs to be stopped before the entire country is destroyed by his treasonous actions.

Phoebe Moore (@guest_373007)

I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45 to 85 per/h.HJG Without Ret a my doubt, this is the pay easiest and most financially MNB rewarding job I’ve ever had. I actually started 6 months ago and this has totally

changed my life………… 𝐖­𝐰­𝐰­.­𝐖­𝐞­𝐛­𝐂­𝐚­𝐬­𝐡­𝟏­.­𝐂­𝐨­𝐦

AlishaBond (@guest_372912)

I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45 to 85 per/h. Without Ety a my doubt, this is the pay easiest and most financially DER rewarding job I’ve ever had. I actually started 6 months ago and this has totally

changed my life………… 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝗮𝗽𝗽.𝗧𝗞

Isabella Holden (@guest_372743)

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour. I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>> 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐣𝐨𝐛𝐬𝟕𝟎.𝐓𝐊