Senate Armed Services Committee votes to require female draft registration

In a move that is already sparking widespread criticism from a range of commentators, as part of its yearly defense policy bill, the Senate Armed Services Committee voted last week to amend the Military Selective Service Act to compel women to register for the draft, according to The Hill.

As the outlet noted, the U.S. has not utilized its military draft mechanism since the Vietnam era, and Defense Department officials have provided ongoing assurances of their intent to maintain the nation’s fighting forces all-volunteer status.

With that said, however, males between the ages of 18 and 25 are still required to formally register with the Selective Service System, and failure to do so is categorized as a felony punishable by substantial fines and imprisonment, which can also result in a number of other potential sanctions, including the denial of access to federal financial aid for higher education, as The Hill further emphasized.

Though there has been a debate about adding women to the registration requirements in recent years, conservatives have pushed back on the idea, causing the expansion to be dropped from prior years’ versions of the annual National Defense Authorization Act.

Instead, funding was appropriated to form a commission to review the matter, and in 2020, that panel recommended the inclusion of women, declaring such a move “a necessary and fair step.”

It was not long after the change was announced on Thursday, however, that negative reactions began to mount, with Daily Wire podcast personality Matt Walsh declaring on Twitter, “It’s absurd and gross and immoral for a nation to draft its daughters into combat. But this is what you wanted, feminists, and now you got it. You have only yourselves to thank. Congratulations.”

“By the way, I’d go to prison before I’d register my daughters for the draft,” Walsh added. “But I never believed in gender equality so that’s a position I can take without self-contradiction, he continued.

Radio host and military veteran Jesse Kelly echoed and expanded on Walsh’s sentiments, opining, “Women shouldn’t be part of the draft. They shouldn’t be part of any combat unit. They shouldn’t be on Naval vessels. I don’t have to prove to you why they shouldn’t. It’s the military. It’s life or death. YOU have to prove to ME why a country with 150 million men needs women.”

Comedian and podcast host Bridget Phetasy offered perhaps the most effectively succinct takedown of the decision to force compulsory draft registration on females at a time when the Biden administration is referring to mothers, for example, merely as “birthing people,” tweeting, pointedly, “Oh now we’re women?”

4 1 vote

Bill Csmota (@guest_383396)
2 months ago

Draft the “Feminist Group” only including those who demand for equality with men. Exempt those women whose desire is to be wives and mothers.

Sheena (@guest_383222)
2 months ago

Start earning today from $600 to $754 easily by working online from home. Last month i have generate and received $19663 from this job by giving this only maximum 2 hours a day of my life. Easiest job in the world and earning from this job are just awesome. Everybody can now get this job and start earning cash online right now by

Just follow instructions click on this site………… https://www.paybuzz1.com

Last edited 2 months ago by Sheena
El Duchy (@guest_383210)
2 months ago

Richard Nixon got rid of the draft, Jimmy Carter brought it back. Now the Democrats have brought women into the mix. Who are the real warmongers?

Nelson Nolley (@guest_383245)
Reply to  El Duchy
2 months ago

Referring to the guest above; 1) a president doesn’t have the authority to get rid a National Defense program. 2) ONLY CONGRESS CAN ELIMINATE THOSE. 3)they said that Carter restarted the draft; give me a break! Carter was just as bad as Joe Biden is right now!

Deitra McCleery (@guest_383359)
Reply to  Nelson Nolley

Shelia Herring (@guest_383206)
2 months ago

Now talk about asinine thinking !!! Just because someone can do something, doesn’t mean they should !!!! As a woman, wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother I DO NOT BELIEVE WOMEN SHOULD BE ON THE FRONT LINES OF WAR !!!!!!! I have never been a feminist ,I like being myself, independent, educated and able to support myself ! But I love sharing my life with my husband and family !!!

Deitra McCleery (@guest_383360)
Reply to  Shelia Herring
2 months ago

Completely agree with you!!

Bill Csmota (@guest_383397)
Reply to  Shelia Herring
2 months ago

Draft the Feminist Group, exempt wonen whose desire is to be a wife, a mother, a grandmother and volunteer to serve at churches, hospitals, senior support groups.

Robert W (@guest_383200)
2 months ago

Feminists call for “Equal Opportunity” has just been answered, so all you 18-25 young ladies go on down and register for the draft!!!!!

James may (@guest_383199)
2 months ago

Hey folks women have been given preferential treatment in school, scholarships, hiring, layoffs, promotions, and government contracts for 60 years.

Add to that there are shelters for women but not men.

So it is about time they had to take on the same responsibility. They should actually have to stay in the draft longer to make up for all their preferential treatment.

One more preferential treatment: women have the right to choose to have a baby. Men do not have the right to choose not to support that baby the woman chose to have.

Not only should women be drafted but they shiukd have to be in all the high risk jobs. If they can’t do them: court marshel. Just like the guys.

James (@guest_383193)
2 months ago

Biden i call my mother mom she is not berthing I think Biden was berthed by a Mule

Beth Crowder (@guest_383187)
2 months ago

I am sick at my stomach!!! I am 66 years old and I have lived through a lot and seen a lot in my lifetime but I never thought that I would see this day when they’re going to draft women/females!!!!! This is so wrong and it should be abolished immediately!! Thank you conservatives for standing up for true values and not giving in all these years! I applaud the conservatives who have stood up against drafting females into the service! This is no place for women To be!

Lou (@guest_383182)
2 months ago

Trump must have been against drafting females. Therefore the Democrats are for the draft.

Beth Crowder (@guest_383188)
Reply to  Lou
2 months ago

You’ve got that right Trump was definitely against drafting females! And of course Biden and Harris and the bunch that are from the Middle East they are truly America and they are for drafting women! You’re right on target!

Scott (@guest_383179)
2 months ago

So let me get this straight; you can fine & imprison someone who doesn’t register for Selective Service, but nothing happens to a candidate & political party that steels a Presidential Election…priorities, I guess!

Beth Crowder (@guest_383189)
Reply to  Scott

Absolutely!!!!🇺🇸

Suzi cossett (@guest_383178)
2 months ago

No I do not believe women belong in the draft. I am not really crazy about the draft anyway but women are mothers and they do not need to be sent to war. Someone needs to be taking care of the family.

Beth Crowder (@guest_383191)
Reply to  Suzi cossett
2 months ago

Amen! What if you have a mother that’s at home nursing her newborn?? What are you gonna do about that ship her and the baby both out??? That just makes me shutter the very start of a mother with a newborn that she’s nursing and even then she may be nursing up to 10 months or 12 months! And I can’t say that because I nursed mine for 11 months she had started weaning herself at about a nine month. And was already drinking water and juices but I still nursed her till she had no desire to nurse!!! My doctor said just let her win she will do that naturally and that’s what we did!!! I pray that those in Washington who are liberals will come to their senses, those that passed this will Come to the senses and reverse this decision because we know that conservatives have fought it for years!!! Thank God , HE GAVE ME SENSE ENOUGH TO BE A Conservative at the age of 66! I pray that those that have voted on bills come to their senses and change their mind and I’m praying that liberals will be allowed in heaven and that God will take them home immediately! Amen!🙏🏼

James Larrabee (@guest_383177)

Dema are EVIL.

Randall Hawn (@guest_383176)
2 months ago

I am glad to see that Equality means Equality in preparing our War Fighters.

It will be interesting to see how other Americans respond to this brand of Equality.

Last edited 2 months ago by Randall Hawn
Beth Crowder (@guest_383197)
Reply to  Randall Hawn
2 months ago

Well I’ve got a question for you, there’s only one thing that men out do women in, guess what it is??? It is muscle tone!!!It’s and bones are in the brain-IQ, or height!!!! The only thing that men out do women in is MUSCLE TONE !!!!!!! I was taught that years ago when I first started in nursing school!! So research it for yourself if you don’t believe me I challenge you to! So if they out to us by a long shot and muscle tone and they’re gonna make it mandatory for them to enlist???? Well you do the numbers are you think about it and let me know how you think then??

MustangUSN04 (@guest_383214)
Reply to  Beth Crowder
2 months ago

A trained nurse ? That can’t write or punctuate correctly. Take an English writing class.

Dennis Sumner (@guest_383175)
2 months ago

Is this now “woke” enough for ya!?

Greta (@guest_383174)
2 months ago

The leftist demorats can’t think of anything that is really good for America so they pass stupid laws and make themselves look like idiots.

Beth Crowder (@guest_383198)
Reply to  Greta

And that’s the truth!

Martin (@guest_383173)
2 months ago

Good absolutely, now this should support also fortify reason for LEGAL voter ID’S! Nah!!!!

smetro (@guest_383172)
2 months ago

Agree with Mr. Walsh on one thing…since this seems to have been the aim of the so-called “feminists,” hope they enjoy boot camp. Our military is fast moving away from being the strongest fighting unit in the world with CRT, LGBTQ/whatever training becoming as important as training for combat – what have we got to lose?!? Our country, that’s all.

MichelleAshley (@guest_383081)
2 months ago

Google easily work and google pays me every hour and every week just $15K to $20K for doing online work from home. I am a universty student and I work on my part time just 2 to 3 hours a day easily from home. Now every one can earn extra cash for doing online home system and make a good life by just open this website and
follow instructions on this page……… https://www.paybuzz1.com