Scalise says Pelosi engaging in ‘Soviet-style’ cover-up of COVID origins

As efforts to get to the bottom of the origins of COVID-19 are heating up, House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) is pointing to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) as a potentially significant obstacle standing in the way of a full investigation, and ultimately, the truth of what occurred, according to Just the News.

Speaking Friday at the Faith and Freedom Coalition conference, Scalise explained that with regard to launching a far-reaching probe of the origins of the novel coronavirus, “Pelosi won’t do it. When we’re in the majority, [Republicans] will do it, and we will hold China accountable. They are covering for China right now. It’s a Soviet-style cover-up. We’re going to keep calling them out on it.”

Though Just the News sought comment from Pelosi in response to Scalise’s accusation, her office simply referenced the House Intelligence Committee probe of the virus’ origins, saying merely, “They’ve announced weeks ago they are looking at this.”

As Fox News noted, it was announced back in May that the U.S. intelligence community would review “all available evidence” on the source of the scourge that ravaged the globe and that it would be “aggressively” seeking to gather and assess new facts as they became available.

At the time, Amanda Schoch, assistant director of National Intelligence for strategic communications stated, “The U.S. Intelligence Community does not know exactly where, when, or how the COVID-19 virus was transmitted initially but has coalesced around two likely scenarios: either it emerged naturally from human contact with infected animals or it was a laboratory accident.”

Though Pelosi may be reluctant to commit when it comes to mounting a comprehensive probe into the source of the pandemic that has killed over 600,000 Americans, other lawmakers are growing increasingly forceful in their demands for precisely that.

As Fox News explained, Sens. Bob Mendendez (D-NJ) and Susan Collins (R-ME) have introduced a measure to establish a commission that would be charged with examining the origins of the virus; whether there were early warning signs known to governmental authorities, the trajectory of vaccine development and distribution efforts, and other related matters.

Also intent on learning the facts underlying the pandemic are Republican Sens. Josh Hawley (MO) and Mike Braun (IN), who led the upper chamber in securing passage of a bill requiring the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) to declassify and make public any material unearthed about the origins of the virus, as The Hill reported last month, with Hawley declaring on the Senate floor:

The American people deserve to know about the origins of the COVID-19. They deserve to know how this terrible pandemic that has ravaged the globe and our country, how it got started and what’s China’s role in starting it.

Precisely what sort of quarrel Pelosi might possibly have with that assertion, or why she might be determined to block a far-reaching investigation into the matter, however, remains anyone’s guess.

Barb (@guest_375088)

lying, murdering, terrorist, racist OLD hag…….killary knew what was going on in china, and so did her superiors……..firing squad for ALL of them……take back our country..all racists, religions, politics……just like pelosi knew what was going to happen on Jan 6 and exploited it to her oun advantage…….pure scum

Gary m (@guest_374016)

This just goes to prove that Maxine really does have Waters on the brain. Everyone knows that it was Pelosi aided by the Capital cops and Antifa that was responsible for the riots on 1-6, there is video footage that will prove this, The FBI is refusing to release it to the public. So I am suggesting from now on that anyone that has any video or audio evidence of anything, before you give it to the FBI, or any government agency, that you make copies of it, and put it in a safe place. Make multi copies. This way the government can’t hide the evidence. Any digital device can be downloaded to a computer. and then put on other media, such as a thumb drive, or uploaded to the cloud and hidden, so that the government can’t confiscate and hide it from the people.

Gary m (@guest_373876)

The biggest health problem in Chicago is Lori Lightbrain, she has been stepping all over her brains ( or lack there of for years ), that is why she can’t seem to solve any problems. She needs to search her toilet for what is left of her brains and her integrity and do what is right for the people of Chicago. It is strange that the more gun control she has the bigger the body count is, and it seem to be where she is trying to stop it. in the minority areas, this is very strange. The problem with gun control laws is that they put the guns where you don’t want them, in the hands of criminals, and the people are left defenseless.

Gary m (@guest_373818)

Pelosi the only investigation that is needed, is one into the actions of the speaker of the house, the house security, the DOJ, Wray and the FBI, the capital police, the DC police, Antifa, BLM, TYT. Will require any and all communications between all of these people or groups 5 days prior to and 5 days after 1/6/21. The release of all video and audio evidence, that is currently being concealed by the FBI. Also the name of the officer that murdered Ashli Babbitt, and the current disposition of the case.

IslaLowin (@guest_373271)

I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45 to 85 per/h. Without BVN a my doubt, this is the pay easiest and most financially rewarding job I’ve ever had.VED I actually started 6 months ago and this has totally
changed my life………… 𝐧𝐚𝐯𝐣𝐨𝐛.𝐭𝐤

Sue (@guest_373190)

They should also hold Pelosi accountable right along with China.

Concerned Citizen (@guest_373119)

Pelosi would not know the truth if it walked up in front of her and slapped her face. She has lied for so many years that the truth has no meaning for her.
Like it was said in the movie (A Few Good Men) “She could not handle the truth” and there you have it!

Wilbert C. Jennings Jr (@guest_373090)

Toast

Wilbert C. Jennings Jr (@guest_373091)
Reply to  Wilbert C. Jennings Jr

The woman. has abused the position she has by not representing those that voted her to do so .. She has her own agenda and its not America.

lucky freeman (@guest_373200)
Reply to  Wilbert C. Jennings Jr

Agreed

EdnaElzey (@guest_373074)

I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort FFF I easily bring in around $45 to 85 per/h. Without JHT a my doubt, this is the pay easiest and most financially rewarding job I’ve ever F had. I actually started 6 months ago and this has totally
changed my life………… 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐡𝟏.𝐭𝐤

ak (@guest_373015)

There has never been more evil beings on earth as are now in the U.S. government, nor can there ever be. The worst of the worst criminal on record thruout history is almost good compared to this administration.

Terry Bell (@guest_372973)

You are F*CKING NUTS !

JERRY WIMER (@guest_372935)

Of course Pelosi is determined to prevent a thorough probe of the origin of the virus and its release on the world. I believe that such a probe would expose her collusion with Fauci and China to release the virus and facilitate the destruction of the magnificent economy Americans were enjoying, thanks to Donald Trump. It was the only chance she had of defeating him in the 2020 election.

AlishaBond (@guest_372917)

I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45 to 85 per/h. Without Hui a my doubt, this is the pay easiest and most financially EWQ rewarding job I’ve ever had. I actually started 6 months ago and this has totally

changed my life………… 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝗮𝗽𝗽.𝗧𝗞

Audie Jordan (@guest_372905)

The Republicans don’t have a snowball’s chance in Hell of ever taking back the House or Senate.

Manchin is going to cave & voting will become a waste of time.

Obama/Biden will give citizenship to the 30,000,000-40,000,000 illegals here now by 2022.

That & HB1 will be the end of America.

Slashing the Defense budget & Austin’s purge of the military will make all branches ineffective.

The next Speaker will probably be AOC but there will be no money left for her insanity.

Tim Toroian (@guest_372771)

Stop encouraging with phrases like Nancy is toast UNTIL SHE REALLY IS! When the emergency room doctor asked me if I felt like hurting myself or others I told him except for slapping Pelosi in the face, no.

rm (@guest_372774)
Reply to  Tim Toroian

Tim, I would care less if I read in the paper N^a^n^c^y P^e^l^o^s*i got run over by a drunk/drugged driver….where’s a good drunk when the USA needs one?

Reply to  rm

I am making $89/hour telecommuting. I never imagined that it was honest to goodness yet my closest companion is acquiring $10 thousand a month by working on the web, RDf that was truly shocking for me, she prescribed me to attempt it. simply give it a shot on the accompanying

site Link……… 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐊𝐚𝐩𝐩.𝐭𝐊

Reply to  Tim Toroian

Piglosy is for Piglosy only. Look at all the financial gain she has achieved with her insider trading among other things that anyone else would be jailed for doing.

Gary Von Neida (@guest_372752)

Spam is sick as are spammers.

Gary Von Neida (@guest_372750)

JERK!

Nicole Stephenson (@guest_372576)

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had.KJH Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour. I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail…

Open this web……–> 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐣𝐨𝐛𝐬𝟕𝟎.𝐓𝐊

Eatund (@guest_372494)

I am making $89/hour telecommuting. I never imagined that it was honest to goodness yet my closest companion is acquiring $10 thousand a month by working on the web, that was truly shocking for me, she prescribed me to attempt it. simply give it a shot on the accompanying

site Link……….. >𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐞𝐣𝐝𝐞.𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐛

Gary Von Neida (@guest_372751)
Reply to  Eatund

Spam pig!

Reply to  Gary Von Neida

Don’t ever put anything past Piglosy. She is capable of most anything crooked. Would be a great day if Piglosy got caught in one of her schemes. However, I will not hold my breath on seeing it happen.

TammyHewitt (@guest_372413)

I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45 to 85 per/h. Without ADt a my doubt, this is the pay easiest and most financially rewarding job I’ve ever had. I actually started 6 months ago and this has totally changed my life………………..… 𝙒𝙬𝙬.𝙅𝙤𝙗𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙝1.𝙘𝙤𝙢