Report: Singaporean officials may stop publishing daily COVID-19 case tallies

Democrats who have taken advantage of the coronavirus pandemic to implement draconian controls over the populace are sure to balk at the recent announcement by leaders in Singapore that they may cease publishing daily COVID-19 case tallies and ease routine testing mandates, as the Daily Mail reports.

According to the post-pandemic roadmap outlined by leaders in Singapore, COVID-19 will soon be treated “like flu,” with monitoring conducted only on the most severe cases, death rates, and intensive care hospital capacity. As health ministers in Singapore noted, “We can’t eradicate [the coronavirus]. But we can turn the pandemic into something much less threatening, like influenza, hand, foot and mouth disease, or chickenpox, and get on with our lives.”

In an editorial written for the Straits Times, the government officials explained that “Because the changes of falling very ill from influenza are so low, people live with it. They carry on with their daily activities even during the flu season, taking simple precautions or getting an annual flu jab. Doing so will be our priority in the coming months.”

Also part of the small Asian city-state’s plan moving forward is a reduced emphasis on broad-based testing requirements and on vigorous contact tracing, though testing of arrivals at its border will likely continue. Ultimately, as the ministers concluded, “The bad news is that COVID-19 may never go away. The good news is that it is possible to live normally with it in our midst.”

The decision in Singapore to ease reporting of coronavirus case numbers on a regular basis is one that is gaining traction in America as well, with a number of states currently scaling back the frequency with which they publish virus-related data, as NPR reports.

With Florida and Oklahoma, for instance, having already moved to once-weekly case number reporting, and several other states dropping far below the daily reports produced at the height of the pandemic, it is no surprise that there are some critics who believe things are moving much too quickly in terms of putting the coronavirus crisis in the rear view mirror.

Beth Blauer of the Coronavirus Resource Center at Johns Hopkins University told NPR, “I think it’s absolutely appropriate for us to celebrate the progress we’ve made, but we still are very much navigating a pandemic. We haven’t gotten to the point where we can stake victory.”

Dr. Marcus Plescia, chief medical officer with the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials, however, suggests that Singapore’s approach to treating COVID-19 much more like the flu is a wise one, saying, “Things are very, very different now then they were six months ago. And we’ve also got to think about how we’re allocating resources.”

It is evident to just about everyone that Americans are more than ready to move on from the devastation wrought by onerous coronavirus restrictions and the data manipulation some believe led to them. Whether the Democrat governors and mayors who reveled in scaring the public into compliance are prepared to relinquish the last vestiges of such control, however, remains to be seen.

James (@guest_380026)

Somebody just might take out Biden i will be happy the sooner the better

James (@guest_380025)

Fu-k Biden

James (@guest_380024)

Biden is the worst president ever F-ck Biden Harris they need to be locked up for treason

The Best opportunities To Earn $62,000/Month. We all spend a lot of time on social media every day – Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and the list goes on. If you’re used to getting a lot of likes or comments sdc, or if you’re great at motivating others through your posts, you might want to consider turning this into a profession. It appears unbelievable but you won’t forgive yourself if you do not check it…..… 𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙝1.𝙩𝙠

JosephineShippy (@guest_379199)

For Facebook User’s, Here I looked at the paycheck of $9103 , defeGAT eefe I be certain that my friend who like actually taking home money in their spare time at their laptop. . there friend had bean doing this 4 weeks less than and bought a great Bugatti Veyron……

Open this web……–> 𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝟒𝟕.𝐜𝐟

Stephen Russell (@guest_379045)

Why not post for Singapore then makes sense make it Local

Michael S Dowling (@guest_378973)

And this is just what it is. Flu season never shut down the world before now.

HALEENARaposo (@guest_378930)

For Facebook User’s, Here I looked at the paycheck of $9103 , defeeFefe I be certain that my friend who like actually taking home money in their spare time at their laptop. . there friend had bean doing this 4 weeks less than and bought a great Bugatti Veyron……

Open this web……–> 𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝟒𝟕.𝐜𝐟

VickyChapman (@guest_378925)

For Facebook User’s, Here I looked at the paycheck of $9103 , defeeefe I be certain that my friend who like actually taking home money in their spare time at their laptop. . there friend had bean doing this 4 weeks less than and bought a great Bugatti Veyron……

Open this web……–> 𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝟒𝟕.𝐜𝐟

JoStreicher (@guest_378897)

For Facebook User’s, Here I looked at the paycheck of $9103 , defeeee I be certain that my friend who like actually taking home money in their spare time at their laptop. . there friend had bean doing this 4 weeks less than and bought a great Bugatti Veyron……

Open this web……–> 𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐧𝐞𝐭𝟐.𝐜𝐟

David L Druif (@guest_378896)

4 Comments, none on topic.
Stop the garbage!

Reply to  David L Druif

So why did you choose to not comment on topic?

Tickedoff (@guest_378919)
Reply to  David L Druif

Amen to that !

Melissa Stephens (@guest_378811)

For Facebook User’s, Here I looked at the paycheck of $9103 , defee I be certain that my friend who like actually taking home money in their spare time at their laptop. . there friend had bean doing this 4 weeks less than and bought a great Bugatti Veyron……

Open this web……–> 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝟗.𝐓𝐤

Wilicaut1946 (@guest_378761)

The Best opportunities To Earn $62,000/Month. We all spend a lot 0f time on social media every day – Faceb00k, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and the list goes on. If you’re used to getting a lot of likes or comments, or if you’re great at motivating others through your posts, you might want to consider turning this into a profession. It appears unbelievable but you won’t forgive yourself if y0u do not check it…>>➤➤ 𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐩𝐞𝟐𝟐.𝐜𝐨𝐦 ●☚

Millie O'Connor (@guest_378606)

I am making $89/hour telecommuting. I never imagined that it was honest to goodness yet my closest companion is acquiring $10 thousand a month by working on the web, that was truly shocking for me, she prescribed me to attempt it.hbqa simply give it a shot on the accompanying site

Copy and paste ……………. 𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗮𝗽𝗽𝟮.𝘁𝗸

Luci (@guest_378639)
Reply to  Millie O'Connor

If You Are On A Lookout For A Way To Earn Your First Dollar Online You Can Stop Searching! Start Now With This Award Winning Program And Receive Your First Paycheck Within A Week! Find out more here…… 𝗝𝗼𝗯𝟬𝟱.𝗘𝘇𝘆𝗿𝗼.𝗰𝗼𝗺

HALEENARaposo (@guest_378931)