Powerful explosion levels Dallas suburban home, officials unsure of cause

Life changed forever for residents of a Dallas, Texas suburb over the weekend after a home in the neighborhood suddenly exploded, which resulted in a blast so massive that it was reportedly heard up to one mile away.

According to Fox News, the explosion happened near the 4400 block of Cleveland Drive, according to a Plano Fire-Rescue spokesperson. The explosion not only left the home in a pile of smoldering rubble, but it also, unsurprisingly, sent three adults and three children to nearby hospitals for treatment, though their conditions aren’t currently known.

Shockingly, only one of the persons transported to the hospital was in the home that exploded. The other five were reportedly in a house next door.

Images of the tragic explosion were soon uploaded to social media.

“All of the sudden I heard what I thought was my sliding glass door breaking,” Caroline Klobas, a neighbor, said. “And I just noticed two picture frames on the wall fall down and the sound and that didn’t match up. When my husband pulled into our garage, the roof had caved in.”

Not unexpectedly, a number of homes in the immediate vicinity of the exploded home were damaged from the remarkably powerful blast.

As of this writing, investigators are still attempting to discover a cause for the explosion, with many on social media comparing the event to previous instances of gas line explosions, which tend to be powerful enough to result in the kind of damage that the Dallas home experienced.

Regardless, all that matters at this point is that those who were injured and taken to the hospital are stable. Homes can be rebuilt.

4.5 2 votes

Robert Miller (@guest_382621)

Find out who lived in the home? It’s a miracle no one died?

LillyHaynes (@guest_382605)

My last pay check was $9500 working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can’t believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do…… https://www.paybuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by LillyHaynes
Patricia. West Costa (@guest_382599)

Im so sorry forthe familythat lost loved one. Also for the family that went to the hospital. Our prayers go out to them

Papa Bear (@guest_382584)

I’d be looking at the gas meter, for a rig-a-round. Had a house blow up in the town where I used to live, and sure enough the fool had tried to get past paying the gas bill. Heard the blast 2 miles away.

Michele A (@guest_382499)

Wow! Could that have a meth lab that exploded???

Reply to  Michele A

I wish that were the case so others in the neighborhood don’t have to be concerned. However at this point we do not know what caused the explosion sow wait and see. I’m just glad no one was killed. I agree it sounds suspicious but wait and see before jumping to any conclusion.

LAS (@guest_382591)
Reply to  Michele A

That’s what I was wondering. But it seems a little suspicious that the person inside the home survived, and coincidently the rest of the household just happened to be next door?