Partisan gerrymandering lawsuits no longer allowed in federal court, SCOTUS says

Thanks to a recent Supreme Court decision, the 2022 midterm elections just became a lot more interesting.

According to The Hill, recent decisions from the high court have changed the rules of gerrymandering — the practice of redrawing districts every 10 years after a census is completed. SCOTUS recently ruled that federal courts will no longer be able to hear partisan gerrymandering lawsuits, setting up what some legal experts have called a potential gerrymandering “arms race” for the next election.

Most of the conservative justices on the high court joined in a 5–4 decision in which they ruled that partisan gerrymandering lawsuits “raise a political question that is beyond the reach of the federal courts,” The Hill noted.

“Now that the Supreme Court has officially retreated from the area, they’ve set off what will likely be an arms race between the parties to gerrymander to the fullest extent they can in the states where they hold control,” said New York University School of Law scholar G. Michael Parsons.

In addition, a number of legal experts believe that Republicans will benefit heavily from the new rules, especially in states like Florida, North Carolina, Georgia, and Texas, where, hypothetically, state lawmakers will have the ability to redraw districts heavily favoring GOP candidates.

According to a study from data firm TargetSmart, state lawmakers in the aforementioned GOP-led states “could draw anywhere from six to 13 new congressional districts that heavily favor GOP candidates — which would be enough for Republicans to retake the House in 2022.”

Add to the mix the advances in data science, machine learning, and other highly advanced algorithmic map-drawing technologies that have emerged in recent years, and partisan gerrymandering could, in theory, be a total game-changer and brand new political weapon for both parties.

Democrats, knowing full well that Republicans will have the ability to aggressively gerrymander in several key swing states, included language in the “For The People Act” to ban the practice of partisan gerrymandering. However, the bill’s future remains in question, at best, as Senate Democrats likely won’t be able to overcome a Republican filibuster blocking the legislation.

Only time will tell if one or both parties take partisan gerrymandering to the next level for the 2022 midterms, but with what’s at stake for both parties, it’s presumably a strategy that’s already in play.

5 1 vote

Mariana (@guest_386760)

Here is I started.……………………………….>>  https://Www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Mariana
Megan Davis (@guest_386692)

I get paid $109 per hour working from home. I never thought I’d be capable to do it but my best buddy makes over $30214 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

START HERE.……………….. https://www.paybuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Megan Davis
Melody (@guest_386592)

Here is I started.……………………………….>>  https://Www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Melody
newani58 (@guest_386549)

Begin Working in Home Now .A month earlier I GOT check of almost Twenty Five Thousand Us Dollars this online work is fundamental and direct, don’t need to go OFFICE, Its home online development Go to this Site…………… https://xurl.es/xh63e

Last edited 1 month ago by newani58
Erica (@guest_386517)

Here is I started.……………………………….>>  https://Www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Erica
Rachel Ruiz (@guest_386508)

The only SCOTUS justice I admire and that continues to have the American people in mind and heart ❤️ is justice Clarence Thomas. We love you and NEVER give in like kavenaugh and you know who you are. Conservative and Proud

Rachel Ruiz (@guest_386507)

Why do you allow annoying comments to be posted that has nothing to do with headline topic? All stating how much money made on woke jobs. Block please like you have blocked many of my comments

diane ehr (@guest_386506)

Would love to see these pos in prison.

Stacy (@guest_386491)

Amazing! I’ve been making $85 every hour since i started freelancing over the internet half a year ago… I work from home several hours daily and do basic work i get from this company that i stumbled upon online… I am very happy to share this work opportunity to you… It’s definitely the best job i ever had…
Check it out here……………. https://www.paybuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Stacy
Trinity (@guest_386398)

Make money online from home extra cash more than $18000 to $21000. Start getting paid every month Thousands Dollars online. I have received $26000 in this month by just working online from home in my part time. every person easily do this job by.
 just Open This Website……………………. http://Www.WorkApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Trinity
Vance (@guest_386397)

OK, that figures, Supreme Court is distancing itself from politics. I get that, but when there are so many crooked politicians on both sides Who do you trust. This has to be done by non partisan committees.
In other news. “GLOBAL WARMING”
Nearly every nation on eart now is operating HAARP Radar installations heating the Ionosphere to roughly 400 -450 deg. around the planet. How does this not raise global temperatures.

George (@guest_386374)

The supreme court is worthless, they are here to protect the right of people and voters. If they do not want to do their duty then get rid of them.
They like the rest of the government work for the people not the other way around.

Nancy (@guest_386394)
Reply to  George

Does it bother you that they may not allow for the Dems to cheat again in 2022 or is that not a problem for Dems

Angelika (@guest_386372)

Sounds like they are AFRAID of “something”, like TOO MUCH POWER for the dims is DANGEROUS….bet ya……

Ashley (@guest_386346)

I made over $700 per day using my mobile in part time. I recently got my 5th paycheck of $19632 and all i was doing is to copy and paste work online. this home work makes me able to generate more cash daily easily. simple to do work and regular income from this are just superb. Here what i am doing.

Try now……………….. https://www.paybuzz1.com