Oregon school board BANS displays of gay pride, BLM flags in district facilities

In a blow to the radical leftists endeavoring to indoctrinate public school kids across America, a school board in Oregon just voted to prohibit the display of – among other items – gay pride and Black Lives Matter (BLM) flags in district classrooms, as the Washington Examiner reports.

By a margin of 4-3, the Newberg School District, serving approximately 5,000 students, will ban the use of blatantly political references in classrooms in order to, as school board member Brian Shannon put it, “focus on the already difficult task of educating our students in the core subjects.”

Though the measure did narrowly pass, the Examiner noted that not all district employees, including teachers, were in support of eliminating the symbols from the public buildings.

District instructors Stacey Dalton expressed her belief that the flags are “messages of love and support,” and opined that “White and or heteronormative students, the majority, see their own validation consistently in the curriculum Newberg school districts have adopted and therefore do not need extra message of support.”

According to a report from OPB, Newberg schools counselor Joshua Reid was among those who voiced his opposition to the move, referencing specific categories of students who identify with the symbols he believes are under attack.

“When these students enter our schools, and see the symbols that we mean to communicate love and support and affirmation, they don’t see propaganda or indoctrination or any ideology. They see a glimmer of hope that there can still be safe places and safe people in their schools,” Reid said.

Gay pride and BLM flags are by no means the only potentially controversial items likely to be covered by the prohibition, and, according to the Examiner, a three-member committee will be installed for the purpose of determining what will be considered a political symbol requiring exclusion from classroom settings.

Notably, the district’s superintendent, Joe Morelock, warned that he did not plan to implement the ban as passed by the school board until he had an opportunity to engage in additional consultations with attorneys.

“I won’t be able to enforce it as it is until we’ve gone through a bunch of legal review,” Morelock explained, and, according to the Examiner, Oregon state Rep. Ricki Ruiz also stated, “as a BIPOC caucus, we’re keeping a very close eye on this,” to determine whether any countermeasures against the common-sense policy might be initiated.

5 1 vote

Janie Smith (@guest_387858)

If you were looking for a way to earn some extra income every week… Look no more!!!! Here is a great opportunity for everyone to make $95/per hour by working in your free time on your computer from home… I’ve been doing this for 6 months now and last month I’ve earned my first five-figure paycheck ever!!!!

Learn more about it on following site……………. http://MoneyBucks.tk/

Last edited 1 month ago by Janie Smith
Ana (@guest_387823)

I make up to $90 an hour working from my home. My story is that I quit working at Walmart to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $40h to $86h… Someone was good to me by sharing this site with me, so now i am hoping i could help someone else out there by sharing this site…
Try it, you won’t regret it!…………… 👉  https://www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Ana
Tom Murphy (@guest_387815)

At grammar school age, students are just forming their sexual self-identity and the banners and indoctrination materials are just recruiting tools for various questionable ideologies. These are best left out of the environment where our children develop so that they can form their identity free of undue pressure and coercion.

Bob (@guest_387811)

Study history. The use of tools such as flags was one of the ways Hitler indoctrinated children to accept his ideology. The display of culture or political flags is extremely akin to Hitler’s doctrine. The schoolboard was correct in what they did, in my opinion.

Lorna Jordan (@guest_387780)

Since I started with my online business, I earn  💵 $25 every 15 minutes. It sounds unbelievable but you won’t forgive yourself if you don’t check it out.

Learn more about it here……………. 👉  https://www.paybuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Lorna Jordan

Try it, you won’t regret it!…… https://www.PayBuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Anna
Marte (@guest_387749)

So glad to see that at least one school board member realizes that schools should “focus on the already difficult task of educating our students in the core subjects.”

Politics don’t belong in schools. Kids are there to learn to reading, writing, spelling, math, science, history, geography, etc.

Marine Bob (@guest_387746)

WHAT? i am glad I was sitting down when I read this…

Good Luck (@guest_387718)

Finally a School that has the Brains to stop gay pride and BLM . Children do not need this in school.

Arthur Doyle (@guest_387712)

Congratulations Oregon for setting the core subjects as the priority.

James may (@guest_387692)

I can ensure you there is no teacher in the Oregon school system that is not trying to out liberal the teachers around them. This has to be a case where the attorneys have told them that allowing blm Or gay propaganda without allowing Christian or conservative or even pro gun propaganda is going to get them sued.

Vote for school vouchers

CB7 (@guest_387688)

Got that right Jake
Heard that the Oregon governor passed a law that seniors in High School don’t need to show proficiency in reading , math and English , this geared towards minorities
Unbelievable,

Jack Tripper (@guest_387680)

How about all students be taught how to be good American citizens and cut the crap about BLM, LGBQ, and other special interests. Teachers are there to teach the basics of education. They are not there to spread their Social engineering. These school board members seem like they need to go back to being sensible adults who desire to teach children the three R’s.

Bob Wolf (@guest_387677)

Now if we want to make the Demorats really lose get rid of Biden, Harris & the rest of the AHoles

Gordo1 (@guest_387671)

Always cater to the minority with unsubstantiated ideas. All those so called minorities should focus on being good citizens just as us majority’s do.

camille (@guest_387669)

Let’s focus on teaching children about the US Constitution. The remainder of the day teaching basics in reading. Writing and arithmetic. Don’t need all the other distracting bullshit that detracts from our country and survival skills so communist China doesn’t destroy us as a nation.

alicia cervera (@guest_387679)
Reply to  camille

AMEN!

Carolx (@guest_387665)

Use several hours of your spare time to acquire extra $1000 on your paypal account each week…
Get more details on following site,………… https://www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Carolx
Katydid (@guest_387664)

That is a good first step for Oregon. Now get rid of CRT and all the leftist teachers and board members.

Barry (@guest_387663)

Fk Oregon and Fk Blm and Fk Gay Pride!!

Bob Wolf (@guest_387676)
Reply to  Barry

i agree 1000%

Carol (@guest_387601)

Get more details on following site,………… https://www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Carol
comisay72 (@guest_387569)

ᴍʏ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜ ᴘᴀʏᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴡᴀs ғᴏʀ 15000 ᴅᴏʟʟᴀʀs… ᴀʟʟ ɪ ᴅɪᴅ ᴡᴀs sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴄᴏᴍғᴏʀᴛ ᴀᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ғᴏʀ 3-4 ʜᴏᴜʀs/ᴅᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ɢᴏᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜɪs ᴀɢᴇɴᴄʏ ɪ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴇᴅ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴᴛᴇʀɴᴇᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴘᴀɪᴅ ᴍᴇ ғᴏʀ ɪᴛ 95-500 ʙᴜᴄᴋs ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ʜᴏᴜʀ ᴛʀʏ ɪᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ 👉 ……………https://cutt.ly/sm0r1rg

Last edited 1 month ago by comisay72
Krystal (@guest_387509)

Try it, you won’t regret it!…………… 👉  https://www.PayBuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Krystal

Here is Job opportunity for everyone! Because of Corona Work from comfort of your home, on your computer And you can work with your own working hours. You can work this job As part time or As A full time job. You can Earns up to $1000 per Day by way of work is simple on the web. It’s easy, just follow instructions on home page,

read it carefully from start to finish Check The Details…… http://www.Paybuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Anna
AlishaBaker (@guest_387465)

my neighbor’s aunt makes 62 every hour on the internet.. she has been without work for eight months but the previous month her revenue was 19022 only working on the laptop 5 hours a day.. check this …… 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐏𝐀𝐘𝟏.𝐜𝐨𝐦

Stevo (@guest_387668)
Reply to  AlishaBaker

B.S. SCAM ! My neighbor’s ant’s , incarcerated state rep. politician’s dog’s flea has a better chance of making you money than the con artists above this !