Newly-tapped ‘Jeopardy!’ host steps down amid controversy over past remarks

The cancel culture scourge claimed another high-profile scalp this week, as producer Mike Richards was essentially forced to step down from his recently-announced position as the new, permanent host of Jeopardy! after controversial comments he made in the past were brought to light, as the Associated Press reported.

It was only a week prior that Richards – who also serves as the show’s executive producer — had been tapped to succeed the much-loved, late host Alex Trebek following a wide-ranging search that involved a series of guest-hosting stints by sports celebrities, actors, and other notable figures.

However, Richards’ rise to the host’s podium was scuttled almost immediately after a website called The Ringer unearthed a series of comments he had made about homeless individuals, women, and other groups on a short-lived podcast known as The Randumb Show, remarks which critics claimed were misogynistic and generally offensive.

In a statement issued to show staff on Friday, Richards explained, “Over the last several days it has become clear that moving forward as host would be too much of a distraction for our fans and not the right move for the show.”

As the Hollywood Reporter noted, Richards continued his statement by apologizing to the entire Jeopardy! staff for the “unwanted negative attention” and also “for the confusion and delays” the situation is causing.

A statement from Sony Pictures Television confirmed that Richards will not take over as the show’s permanent host, but will remain as the program’s executive producer, adding, “We support Mike’s decision to step down as host. We were surprised this week to learn of Mike’s 2013/2014 podcast and the offensive language he used in the past.”

The corporate communication continued, “Mike has been with us for the last two years and has led the Jeopardy! team through the most challenging time the show has ever experienced. It is our hope that as [executive producer] he will continue to do so with professionalism and respect.”

According to Sony, a batch of episodes already filmed in which Richards served as host will still air as planned, followed by shows featuring a series of guest hosts who will fill in until a permanent replacement is named.

Though it is certainly unfortunate – and arguably most unfair – for Richards that comments made years ago on a little-known podcast have come back to sink the job opportunity of a lifetime, crisis public relations expert Evan Nierman told Fox News that while the would-be host may never be able to land another on-air role, he “should be able to resume his prior work as a producer and stay active in the industry,” a privilege not always afforded to cancel culture’s legions of other victims.

5 1 vote

NinaJames (@guest_389783)

I earned $5000 ultimate month by using operating online only for 3 to 5 hours on my computer and this was so smooth that i personally couldn’t accept as true with before working on this website. if you too need to earn this sort of huge cash then come and be part of us For More Details Follow………………. https://rotf.lol/Jobs-Online

Last edited 1 month ago by NinaJames
Kathleen (@guest_389652)

I get paid over $87 per hour working from home with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over 10k a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless.
Here’s what I’ve been doing……… http://Www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Kathleen
Paula (@guest_389640)

There is a job opportunity for everyone! You can work from the comfort of your home, using your computer. Additionally, you can work according to your schedule. You can work this job As part-time or As A full-time job. The online work can earn you up to $1000 per day. It’s easy, just follow the instructions on the home page, read it carefully from start to finish and
check the details……. https://Www.Paycash1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Paula
Rachel (@guest_389621)

If you were looking for a way to earn some extra income every week… Look no more!!!! Here is a great opportunity for everyone to make $95/per hour by working in your free time on your computer from home… I’ve been doing this for 6 months now and last month I’ve earned my first five-figure paycheck ever!!!!

Learn more about it on following site………………. https://www.PayBuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Rachel
Terry (@guest_389600)

I’m making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life.
This is where i started……………………….. http://Www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Terry
SaraPaul (@guest_389529)

I am making a real GOOD MONEY (125$/hr ) online from my PC. A month ago I GOT check of almost $30k, this online work is basic and clear, don’t need to go OFFICE, Its home online activity. You become free in the wake of joining this JOB. I truly on account of my FRIEND who prefer me this site SITE. For More Details…………….. https://xurl.es/xh63e

Last edited 1 month ago by SaraPaul
Rita (@guest_389511)

I started earning $85/hour in my free time by completing tasks with my laptop that i got from this company I stumbled upon online…Check it out, and start earning yourself . I can say my life is improved completely! Take a gander at it what I do…..
For more detail visit the given link…………..>>>  https://www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Rita
Michael (@guest_389484)

After leaving my previous job 11 months ago, I’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer jobs for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $71600… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet.

Thanks A lot Here…………… https://www.paybuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Michael
Andrea (@guest_389456)

For more detail visit the given link…………..>>>  https://www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Andrea
Suzanne (@guest_389376)

check the details…… https://Www.Paycash1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Suzanne
Linda (@guest_389356)

I make up to $90 an hour working from my home. My story is that I quit working at Walmart to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $40h to $86h… Someone was good to me by sharing this site with me, so now i am hoping i could help someone else out there by sharing this site…
Try it, you won’t regret it!……………………  https://www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Linda
SaraJames (@guest_389308)

I earned $5000 ultimate month by using operating online only for 3 to 5 hours on my computer and this was so smooth that i personally couldn’t accept as true with before working on this website. if you too need to earn this sort of huge cash then come and be part of us For More Detail…………… https://xurl.es/xh63e

Last edited 1 month ago by SaraJames
Marianne (@guest_389290)

My last pay test was $9500 operating 12 hours per week on line. my sisters buddy has been averaging 15k for months now and she works approximately 20 hours every week. i can not accept as true with how easy it become as soon as i tried it out.
This is what do,……………………………..  https://www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Marianne
Sienna (@guest_389279)

Try it, you won’t regret it!…………………… https://www.PayBuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Sienna
Orange peel (@guest_389242)

Hollywood sucks. A bunch of little socialist babies. Wokeness of these people is really got to stop. Start naming these woke culture fools. They are not human. Subhuman subcreatures belong in the trash. Isn’t there one reporter who knows how to get these people names. They destroyed people’s lives now its our turn to destroy them.

Mary M. McClain (@guest_389270)
Reply to  Orange peel

Start working at home with Google! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a getting a check for $19474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $170 per hour. I work through this link, go to tech tab for work detail.
Open This Website…………………………………..>> http://www.newapp7.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Mary M. McClain
Sandra McConnell (@guest_389235)

Didn’t think it possible, but, yup, guess so, these woke liberals are getting more ignorant by the day. There is not a sIngle person out there that has not said something, at some point in their life, (that is now not accepted by the woke crowd) that was not so nice, but, was not turned into a crisis, as the left seems to do at every word, look, or gesture. Yet, the lies, and their fake reality is accepted….only by them

Mary Carter (@guest_389229)

I thought he was the best candidate. These “woke” folks must be saints in wolves clothing. Is there anyone alive that hasn’t said or done things they regretted when they gained wisdom or maturity? From what I see of these brats, they are the worst of the worst. Anyway, we will eventually have nothing left and that is exactly what they are hoping for. I wish we were back in the days of the hippies, at least there motive was love (maybe not in the best sense of the word) but it sure beats hate and disorder.

r m (@guest_389232)
Reply to  Mary Carter

The “jungle rabbits” are out of control. Mary Carter, you are 100 per cent correct. A solid Republican vote is needed next year to make both houses of Congress veto proof and “woke proof”. The troublemakers will regret it when their welfare, food stamps, etc. get cut off in 2023 and they have to go to work. If they riot, then the troublemakers belong in JAIL. No excuses.

Hendrik Laur (@guest_389220)

The cancel culture characters are rationally and intellectually devoid prima donnas with monstrous phony chips on their shoulders, daring anybody and everybody to knock them off!

r m (@guest_389233)
Reply to  Hendrik Laur

Fill up the jails with cancel culture participants. Big House Bubba will show them a good time…

Patricia Luxon Fast (@guest_389219)

Seems funny that some remark made years ago by Mike Richards should suddenly pop up out of the blue. And he is forced to resign. I am beginning to think we are already living in a socialist country, it’s truly frightening!

Mary Carter (@guest_389230)
Reply to  Patricia Luxon Fast

We have been living in a socialist county for many years now. They are so sly, that most people being busy living their lives, caring for family and work, never noticed. It started about 50 years ago. We watched it happen and now we are paying the price. We have lost our rights and at this point we can still sue for them. That will soon change. I am 83 and this is no longer my America. You would be shocked if you knew what we have lost.

Richard F DeForest (@guest_389238)
Reply to  Mary Carter

Your Right Patricia, I’m 72 and brought up in a totally different country then we have now! We all have to take control of the fact that over the last 50 years or so that we have voted into office the losers who are leading us all down the socialist path! I just saw a t-Shirt at the Beach where I go on a young man that said “I Work For What I Have & I Don’t Need Any Food Stamps or Assistance”.

Dennis Sumner (@guest_389212)

Show me someone who hasn’t said or done something stupid in their past! I mean other than Bible characters. What a travesty!

Reefwatcher (@guest_389208)

Woke is un-American! My opinion

Tim Toroian (@guest_389207)

Do the Cancel Culture people understand that going after people for something said years ago makes them WORSE than the people they are castigating? They do remind me of the Inquisition.

Kyle james (@guest_389102)

I am making a real GOOD MONEY (125$/hr ) online from my PC. A month ago I GOT chek of almost $30k, this online work is basic and clear, don’t need to go OFFICE, Its home online activity. You become free in the wake of joining this JOB. I truly on account of my FRIEND who prefer me this site SITE. For More Details……………….https://xurl.es/xh63e

Last edited 1 month ago by Kyle james
Richard Hoard (@guest_389054)

I earned $7,000 last month by operating on-line most effectively for five to eight hours on my pc and this was so clean that I in my opinion could not accept it as authentic earlier than running on this website. If you too want to earn this type of huge coin then come and be a part of us. do this internet-website online.GOOD LUCK…. http://www.cashoffer9.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Richard Hoard
Helen M. Taylor (@guest_389081)
Reply to  Richard Hoard

Open This Website…………………………………..>> http://www.newapp7.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Helen M. Taylor
Sherrie (@guest_389035)

My last month paycheck was for $11,000 dollars… All i did was simple online work from comfort at home for 3-4 hours/day that I got from this agency I discovered over the internet and they paid me for it 95 bucks every hour…. For more info visit any tab this site

Thanks a lot………………… 👉  https://www.PayBuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Sherrie
jerry gilbert (@guest_389241)
Reply to  Sherrie

screw all you asswipes. shut your mouth and take your big money and die wealthy. we don’t care.