Miami nurse arrested and charged after making detailed death threats against Kamala Harris

A Florida woman was arrested and charged with one count of “Threats Against the Vice President” recently after a series of videos and photographs she sent to her incarcerated husband was viewed by authorities, including the United States Secret Service.

According to Law and Crime, Niviane Petit Phelps, who happens to be a licensed nurse working at a Miami-based hospital, sent a series of five profanity-laced videos and two photographs to her husband at Wakulla Correctional Institution, which authorities described as Phelps “speaking angrily to the camera about her hatred for President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris, among others.”

Phelps made crystal clear in her videos, which were all sent in February, that she is not a fan of Vice President Kamala Harris and went as far as describing exactly how and when she would assassinate Harris in the videos.

“Kamala Harris you are going to die. Your days are numbered already. Someone paid me $53,000 just to f*** you up and I’m gonna take the, I’m gonna do the job, okay,” Phelps said in one of the videos.

“If I see you in the street, I’m gonna kill your ass Kamala Harris,” Phelps said in another video, adding that she was practicing her shooting skills at a local gun range to make sure she could carry through with the threat. Phelps went on in later videos to provide a timeline, saying “50 days from today” she would act out her threats against the vice president.

The videos were sent to her incarcerated husband through a service called JPay, which is a type of social media outlet that allows prison inmates to exchange messages and videos with those outside of the prison.

Secret Service agents and detectives with Miami-Dade Police Department reviewed the videos and would later attempt to interview Phelps at her home. The first interview was reportedly ended when authorities read out her Miranda rights. Phelps’ mother told authorities that Phelps was under the impression that if former President Donald Trump was still in office that he would grant her husband a pardon.

A follow-up interview three days later would lead to her arrest, as authorities asked if Phelps had any intention of traveling to Washington D.C. Phelps initially said no, but her daughter, who was present in the room, spoke up and said “Didn’t we say we were going?”

Authorities filed the criminal complaint in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida. After her arrest, her employer revealed a statement indicating that she was being processed for termination as she awaits a court hearing.