Longtime Trump Organization CFO indicted on tax-related charges

As had been predicted for some time, Allen Weisselberg, longtime chief financial officer of the Trump Organization, was indicted – together with the entity itself – by New York prosecutors on 15 tax-related charges including tax fraud, grand larceny, and falsification of business records, as The Hill reported, in a move decried by those close to former President Donald Trump.

The indictment claims that Weisselberg and the Trump Organization engaged in a scheme to provide compensation to the CFO and other executives “off the books” so that they received significant amounts of income through disguised payments. Weisselberg, for his part, is accused of, among other things, having rent, garage, and utility expenses for his Manhattan residence paid for by the company and then failing to report and pay taxes on the sums, as CNBC noted.

Though the charges are certainly not a positive development for Weisselberg personally or for the Trump Organization more broadly, pundits have pointed out that the case brought is exceptionally narrow, perhaps even unprecedented in nature, and therefore indicative of a prosecutorial failure to find more serious infractions that could ensnare the former president himself.

Members of the mainstream media had been waiting with baited breath to see Trump charged with anything from inflating assets to secure sizable bank loans to committing bank fraud, or perhaps even misconduct related to payments made to secure silence about extramarital affairs, as Fox News’ Howard Kurtz noted. Despite Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance trying as hard as he could for three years to find fodder for such allegations, he apparently came up empty.

A statement issued by the Trump Organization said, “After years of investigating, dozens of subpoenas, millions of documents and millions of dollars in taxpayer money, the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office has decided to charge select Trump entities with providing a car, an apartment and other employee benefits to one of its long-time executives,” adding, “Make no mistake – this is not about the law; this is all about politics.”

Trump Organization attorney Alan Futerfas blasted the charges, saying that they if they involved anyone other than someone with close ties to Trump, they would have been brought by the Internal Revenue Service or other agencies and settled civilly, but because of political animus against the former president, they were lodged in this headline-grabbing manner.

The former president himself also lashed out following the news of the indictment, saying, “the political Witch Hunt by the Radical Left Democrats, with New York taking over the assignment, continues. It is dividing our Country like never before.”

Donald Trump Jr. slammed the decision to indict Weisselberg, calling it “banana republic stuff,” and saying, according to the New York Post, “This is what Vladimir Putin does…after…3 million documents, countless witnesses and hours of grand jury testimony, outside forensic auditors, this is what they come up with: they’re going to charge a guy who’s 75 years old on crimes of avoiding paying taxes on a fringe benefit.”

Despite the obvious difficulty the charges pose for the reputation of the Trump Organization as a whole, attorney Daniel Goldman, who assisted in bringing impeachment charges against the former president, believes that he is likely personally in the clear with regard to any possible future charges. “I’m no fan of Trump but I do not believe he should be charged with a crime because one doesn’t like him for his policies,” Goldman declared.

CatherinePittman (@guest_378295)

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday CX DEW I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour.

I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>> 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝟐𝟒𝟕.𝐜𝐟

JCE (@guest_377980)

These charges will not stand as the New York prosecutors and attorneys are the actual criminals. They have wasted millions upon millions of taxpayer dollars trying to ruin innocent people for their own nefarious purposes and to smooch the rears of undeserving liberal leaders. They should leave their offices in disgrace.

EstellaRodriguez (@guest_377958)

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour.

I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>> 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝟎𝟑.𝐭𝐤

Louise Hill (@guest_377810)

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had.LKQ Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour. I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>> 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬𝟓𝟔.𝐓𝐤

JuliaNagel (@guest_377778)

I saw the paycheck which was of $9282, I didn’t believe that my mom in-law was like truly erning money part time from their computer.. there neighbour started doing this 4 only 21 months and WBC resantly paid for the dept on their home and got Maserati.
more info here……………….>>>> 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝟐𝟒𝟕.𝐜𝐟

Stephen Russell (@guest_377673)

ALL poliitcs only witch hunt only

JulianaPeterman (@guest_377658)

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday CX I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour.

I saw the paycheck which was Of $9282, I didn’t believe that my mom in-law was like truly erning money part time from their cOmputer..cms there neighbour started doing this 4 only 21 mOnths and resantly paid fOr the dept on their home and g0t Maserati.

more infO here……………….>>>>>>>>> 𝗘𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗮𝗽𝗽𝟮.𝘁𝗞

Lois (@guest_377575)

I saw the paycheck which was of $9282, I didn’t believe that my mom in-law was like truly erning money parttime from their computer..sdc there neighbour started doing this 4 only 21 months and resantly paid for the dept on their home and got Maserati.
more info here……………dvd….>>>>>>>>>𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐩𝐞𝟐𝟐.𝐜𝐨𝐦

Katydid (@guest_377504)

More tax dollars being spent to appease the dems TDS. It will come to nothing after paying attorneys for years. And NY knows it will come to nothing, but the attorneys need the big bucks and NY needs to look like they are doing something.

DS (@guest_377464)

No hunter chargés only trump

SHINGAO (@guest_377674)
Reply to  DS

the reptiles of the left are the ones who need to be indicted.

carol exposito (@guest_377897)
Reply to  DS

The country is going to hell in a hand basket with the crooked Dems in charge and their fear of Trump. Trump is a figure bigger than a colossus in their bitter little minds!

rm (@guest_377442)

Worthless whigger Vance and rhyming word for Letitia James…both need to be disbarred.

julia (@guest_377375)

more info here……………dvd….>>>> 𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲𝟐.𝐜𝐟

Mollie Gibbons (@guest_377360)

If You Are On A L00k out For A Way T0 Earn Your First Dollar Online You Can Stop Searching!
Start Now With This Award Winning Program And Receive Your First Paycheck Within A Week!
Find out more here >>> 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬𝟓𝟔.𝐓𝐤

SarahStover (@guest_377306)

Start Now With This FCe Award Winning Program And Receive Your First Paycheck Within A Week!
Find out more here >>> bit.ly/2V8KUi9

MaryCrisp (@guest_377127)

I saw the paycheck which was of $9282, I didn’t believe that my mom in-law was like truly erning money parttime from their computer.. there neighbour started doing this 4 only 21 months and resantly paid for the dept on their home and got Maserati.
more info here……………….>>>> 𝐰𝐰𝐰.𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝟎𝟑.𝐭𝐤

EvieMorley (@guest_377108)

Start Now With This FDS Award Winning Program And Receive Your First Paycheck Within A Week!
Find out more here >>> bit.ly/3qJOOcS

CatherinePittman (@guest_378305)
Reply to  EvieMorley

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday CX TDEW I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour.