Key Taliban official declines to denounce Al Qaeda as fears of resurgence grow

Among the many demoralizing – and indeed frightening – aspects of the collapse in Afghanistan is the growing concern that the country will soon serve as a safe haven for Al-Qaeda militants seeking a new home base, and the unwillingness of the Taliban’s chief spokesperson recently to denounce the terror group is only fueling those worries, as Fox News reports.

Journalist Lara Logan of the Fox Nation streaming platform sat down several weeks ago with Suhail Shaheen, spokesman for the Taliban, and she attempted to get answers about what many believe are his group’s long-standing links to the terrorists responsible for 9/11.

Taking an impressively direct and forthright approach, Logan asked Shaheen, “Why have you not renounced Al Qaeda?”

Sidestepping the question, Shaheen merely said that the Taliban has already agreed not to “allow anyone – whether an individual or entity – any group to use the site of Afghanistan against the United States or its allies,” pursuant to a 2020 treaty signed in Doha, Qatar.

Clearly dissatisfied with Shaheen’s non-answer, Logan tried again, saying, “The specific question is why will you not renounce Al Qaeda. You never have. Not from day one, not from 9/11 on ’til now,” eventually opining, “A general statement about people who attack civilians is not the same thing.”

Indeed, the international community is expressing growing alarm about the potential for Afghanistan to return to its prior position as a breeding ground for Islamic terrorism, something to which some Western leaders are calling “inevitable,” according to the BBC.

On Monday, U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson explicitly warned that Western allies must stand firm in opposition to allowing Afghanistan to once again harbor terrorist groups, and U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres urged the Security Council to “use all tools at its disposal to suppress the global terrorist threat in Afghanistan,” the BBC added.

Fears of a resurgence of Al Qaeda and other terrorist factions bent on the destruction of the West – with American interests particularly in their sights – are taking center stage here in the United States as well, with lawmakers and others sounding the alarm about the dangerous combination of large-scale prisoner releases by the Taliban in Afghanistan and the open borders policies of the Biden administration that make their entry into the country that much easier.

As Rep. Andy Barr (R-KY) cautioned on Monday, “thousands of terrorists captured by American forces and detailed at Bagram [Air Base] are now being released, free to target Americans and commit other heinous acts of terrorism,” and given Shaheen’s studied unwillingness to denounce Al Qaeda in particular, it appears that fears of future attacks may be well-placed, indeed.

Roberta (@guest_388270)

My last pay check was $9500 working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend Anna has been averaging $15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can’t believe how easy it was once I tried it out.
This is what I do…………………. 👉  https://www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Roberta
Johnboy (@guest_388255)

Is biden being blackmailed by china? Why does he keep making decisions that look like he is supporting the terrorists over Americans. Why is he letting them in at the southern border.

Drake Travis (@guest_388174)

and the Democrats rejoice at the chaos in Afghanistan – just like they rejoice over the chaos they are causing in the USA

Lucy (@guest_388144)

My last pay test was $9500 operating 12 hours per week on line. my sisters buddy has been averaging 15k for months now and she works approximately 20 hours every week. i can not accept as true with how easy it become as soon as i tried it out.
This is what do,……………………………..  https://www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Lucy
Janie Smith (@guest_388134)

You can work this job As part time or As A full time job. You only need a computer and a reliable internet connection… Make $90 hourly and up to $12000 a month by following link at the bottom… You can have your first check by the end of this week…Lifetime Opportunity

This is what I do……………. http://MoneyBucks.tk/

Last edited 1 month ago by Janie Smith
Tim Toroian (@guest_388109)

I hope the Dems enjoy being a second-rate superpower which is what we now are since our allies can’t trust us across the street, but let’s see how much legislation gets passed with this fiasco with Nancy praising Joe’s handling of the situation.

You (@guest_388080)

This is what Biden and the rest are planning here

Mary (@guest_388073)

This is what do,……………………………..  https://www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Mary
Ashley (@guest_388059)

This is what I do…………………. 👉  https://www.paybuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Ashley
Angelika (@guest_388048)

This was done INTENTIONALLY, just like the OPEN border yet again – biden said he didn’t “trust” the Taliban – well, I don’t “trust” biden and his cronies in Washington – something MUCH BIGGER going on behind our backs = this is a MAJOR Distraction for “whatever” is in the works in DC….Nobody is THAT Incompetent, at least I DON’T buy it, as he DEFENDS his Decision so DEFIANTLY – It’s all PLAY……

James may (@guest_388039)

Just one more failure to add to the completely failed voter fraud democrat party.

With cnn, msnbc, CBS, ABC, and the ap all cemetery invested in the democrat party their party has proven to be a complete disaster for America and world wide.

The news organizations, public schools, and democrats are to blame for this disaster.

Every liberal in America should be give the choice we can drop you off in Afghanistan or dye you pink and sell hunting tags to hunt you here.

John Decker (@guest_388031)

We had an illegal election shoved right in our faces and nobody did a thing about it. Now shut up and enjoy your dinner, we’re having crow. Biden really showed everybody in the ‘stan how to do it. Aren’t you proud of him? Suck it up buttercup, welcome to the Third World!

James may (@guest_388040)
Reply to  John Decker

Yup. Hey biden AG even threatened states that dud audits and wrote laws to restrict democrat voter fraud.

Sidney Stringer (@guest_388030)

We’ve Should Have Learned In 03 When The First Afgahn Solders Either Diserted Or Killed Our Troops. Their All Brothers. Tho They May Not Like It Or Agree With It Its Still Family.

Ken Milliron (@guest_388009)

This pathetic excuse of an administration, the bungling baffoon so called president, the facist vice loser president, what a disgrace to this country, all who voted for these idiots are the problem, not the Trump voters who were cheated by these democratic criminals. Throwing 48,000 union workers to curb by canceling XP pipeline project, gas prices soar, unemployment, their own debacle, pass gutless useless legislation because you have the majority, April jobs numbers dismal while they paid an extra 300 a week, a week, to sit home. Hoards of criminals storming the border, COVID ridden, they empty their jails and send them here to moron Joe and Conrad Kamala! Inflation, only took these idiots 7 months to wreck country, now Afghanistan, stranding thousands of Americans and American supporters to the Taliban, way to go you pathetic bastards

Cheryl Alqabani!!! Biden is an IDIOT DELUXE!!! (@guest_388032)
Reply to  Ken Milliron

So true!!! Biden is an IDIOT DELUXE!!!

Angelika (@guest_388049)
Reply to  Ken Milliron

I think it was all Intentionally done by bidens’ cronies for the sell out of America to china/globalism, OPEN border is NO coincidence either – OUR ship is going DOWN, DOWN, DOWN = just a MAJOR Distraction from “something” MAJOR that is going DOWN here SOON, all done BEHIND our backs……!!!! biden said he doesn’t “trust” the Taliban – I DON’T “trust” biden and his cronies = NOBODY should TRUST them, NOBODY….Wake UP America, we are LOSING our country…..!!!!!

Hoff (@guest_388004)

Bumbling biden has just condemned America as we know her. We’re gonna need a very strong leader to save us from his incompetence. We need a man like President Donald J. Trump!

Omahall (@guest_388023)
Reply to  Hoff

Yes we do . But is there gonna be anything left by the time he has served his four years .

Omahall (@guest_388025)
Reply to  Omahall

Presedent

Cheryl Alqabani!!! Biden is an IDIOT DELUXE!!! (@guest_388033)
Reply to  Hoff

Absolutely!!!!

Janie Smith (@guest_387853)

If you were looking for a way to earn some extra income every week… Look no more!!!! Here is a great opportunity for everyone to make $95/per hour by working in your free time on your computer from home… I’ve been doing this for 6 months now and last month I’ve earned my first five-figure paycheck ever!!!!

Learn more about it on following site……………. http://MoneyBucks.tk/

Last edited 1 month ago by Janie Smith
Ana (@guest_387818)

I make up to $90 an hour working from my home. My story is that I quit working at Walmart to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $40h to $86h… Someone was good to me by sharing this site with me, so now i am hoping i could help someone else out there by sharing this site…
Try it, you won’t regret it!…………… 👉  https://www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Ana
Lorna Jordan (@guest_387803)

Since I started with my online business, I earn  💵 $25 every 15 minutes. It sounds unbelievable but you won’t forgive yourself if you don’t check it out.

Learn more about it here……………. 👉  https://www.paybuzz1.com