Justice Breyer doubles down, isn’t retiring anytime soon

Justice Stephen Breyer, who for years was one of the more obscure, lesser-known justices on the U.S. Supreme Court, has emerged this year as nothing less than a liberal power player, especially in the face of a growing pressure campaign initiated by Democrats who want him to retire.

Many Democrats are hoping Breyer will soon throw in the towel so that he can be replaced with a younger liberal justice while there’s still time but it appears as if Breyer has answered his critics by not only shrugging off the retirement demands but also by hiring a full slate of law clerks for the next SCOTUS term, as Bloomberg reported.

The 82-year-old justice doesn’t appear to have any interest in hanging up his robe at this point, especially after the death of the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, at which point he became the most senior face of the liberal side of the high court.

Breyer has been at the forefront of the fight to keep politics out of the Supreme Court, arguing in April that politicizing the high court only leads to a decline in public trust.

“If the public sees judges as politicians in robes, its confidence in the courts and in the rule of law itself can only diminish,” Breyer said in April.

Liberal activists, along with a number of high-profile politicians, such as Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), have pushed for Breyer to retire given that there might exist a limited window of opportunity for President Joe Biden to appoint a successor before Republicans have a chance to take majority control of the Senate.

Many of those same activists hired a billboard truck to circle Capitol Hill recently with signs that read, “Breyer, retire. It’s time for a black woman Supreme Court justice,” making clear that not only do they want the seasoned justice to step aside, they prefer he be replaced by a woman of color, as promised by then-candidate Biden prior to the 2020 election.

In March, Breyer told Axios that he doesn’t think about retiring, adding, “I enjoy what I’m doing.”

From what it looks like, Breyer plans on sticking around, no matter how much pressure he faces. Also, it’s not out of the question to presume that he’s remaining on the high court’s bench to solidify his point that politics has no place in the halls of the Supreme Court.

The Best opportunities To Earn $62,000/Month. We all spend a lot of time on social media every day – Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and the list goes on. If you’re used to getting a lot of likes or comments sdc, or if you’re great at motivating others through your posts, you might want to consider turning this into a profession. It appears unbelievable but you won’t forgive yourself if you do not check it…..… 𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙝1.𝙩𝙠

JosephineShippy (@guest_379200)

For Facebook User’s, Here I looked at the paycheck of $9103 , defeGAT eefe I be certain that my friend who like actually taking home money in their spare time at their laptop. . there friend had bean doing this 4 weeks less than and bought a great Bugatti Veyron……

Open this web……–> 𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝟒𝟕.𝐜𝐟

Ruth (@guest_379051)

Good for Justice Breyer!

VickyChapman (@guest_378926)

For Facebook User’s, Here I looked at the paycheck of $9103 , defeeefe I be certain that my friend who like actually taking home money in their spare time at their laptop. . there friend had bean doing this 4 weeks less than and bought a great Bugatti Veyron……

Open this web……–> 𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝟒𝟕.𝐜𝐟

Melissa Stephens (@guest_378812)

For Facebook User’s, Here I looked at the paycheck of $9103 , defee I be certain that my friend who like actually taking home money in their spare time at their laptop. . there friend had bean doing this 4 weeks less than and bought a great Bugatti Veyron……

Open this web……–> 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝟗.𝐓𝐤

Ernst (@guest_378511)

It is disgusting that this article refers to AOC as a “high profile politician.” Adding respect to her inane blather is demeaning to the US people and to humanity as a whole.

Luci (@guest_378640)
Reply to  Ernst

If You Are On A Lookout For A Way To Earn Your First Dollar Online You Can Stop Searching! Start Now With This Award Winning Program And Receive Your First Paycheck Within A Week! Find out more here…. 𝗝𝗼𝗯𝟬𝟱.𝗘𝘇𝘆𝗿𝗼.𝗰𝗼𝗺

Manuel (@guest_378427)

Do NOT retire. You are right. SCOTUS should be neutral in political ideologies. Follow the Constitution!!

Do not retire while we have a dem for president. PLEASE !!!!

Grampstang (@guest_378430)
Reply to  cozycalico

Better keep him under guard. The dumbocrat commies will have him killed.

Cordelia J. Fitts (@guest_378379)

Libby Stevens (@guest_378333)

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour. I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>> 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬𝟓𝟔.𝐓𝐤

Robert (@guest_378279)

Perfect opportunity for an online job… 𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐩𝐞𝟐𝟐.𝐜𝐨𝐦

julia (@guest_378227)

I am making $89/hour telecommuting. ewdw I never imagined that it was honest to goodness yet my closest companion is acquiring $10 thousand a month by working on the web, that was truly shocking for me, she prescribed me to attempt it. simply give it a shot on the accompanying site Copy and paste Link…………….𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲𝟐.𝐜𝐟

Diana (@guest_378100)

If You Are On A L00k out For A Way T0 Earn Your First Dollar Online You Can Stop Searching!
Start Now With This Award Winning Program And Receive Your FDSa First Paycheck Within A Week!
Find out more here >>> 𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐩𝐞𝟐𝟐.𝐜𝐨𝐦

SherryEvans (@guest_378043)

Find out more here >>> 𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗮𝗽𝗽𝟮.𝘁𝗸

HALEENARaposo (@guest_378940)
Reply to  SherryEvans

For Facebook User’s, Here I looked at the paycheck of $9103 , defeeFSSDfe I be certain that my friend who like actually taking home money in their spare time at their laptop. . there friend had bean doing this 4 weeks less than and bought a great Bugatti Veyron……

Open this web……–> 𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝟒𝟕.𝐜𝐟