Joe Manchin signals that he’s in support of massive ‘infrastructure’ spending

After Democrats secured razor-thin majorities in both chambers of Congress, Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) became an unlikely ally to the GOP because of his moderate views, which is especially helpful given how Democrats seem to continuously attempt to push radically progressive legislation on Americans.

But according to the Washington Examiner, Manchin might not be the moderate that he claims to be, at least not on certain economic issues, as was revealed over the weekend when he seemingly agreed with the “two-track” approach to passing a massive infrastructure deal — one being a traditional “hard” infrastructure package and the other containing the Democrats’ new definition of infrastructure.

His comments came in the wake of President Joe Biden kicking a proverbial hornet’s nest when, after bragging about reaching a bipartisan infrastructure deal, he claimed he wouldn’t sign it unless a “tandem” bill filled with Democrats’ wish-list items — to the tune of another $4 trillion — was also passed.

In a rare development, Biden was forced to issued a statement of clarification after Republicans threatened to sink the entire deal after feeling as though they’d been tricked.

“My comments also created the impression that I was issuing a veto threat on the very plan I had just agreed to, which was certainly not my intent,” Biden’s statement over the weekend read. “I intend to pursue the passage of that plan, which Democrats and Republicans agreed to on Thursday, with vigor.”

Manchin, on the other hand, told This Week with George Stephanopoulos co-host Jonathan Karl on Sunday that he’s interested in pursuing both bills.

“We have two tracks. And that’s exactly what I believe is going to happen. And we’ve worked on the one track. We’re going to work on the second track. There’s an awful lot of need. And everything they talked about is something that we need,” Manchin said.

According to The Hill, on Tuesday, Manchin dug in, revealing that he’s in support of a much larger, Democratic-only infrastructure bill that would be passed through the reconciliation process, allowing Democrats to bypass the 60-vote Senate filibuster obstacle.

“We’re going to have to work it through reconciliation, which I’ve agreed that that can be done. I just haven’t agreed on the amount, because I haven’t seen everything that everyone is wanting to put in the bill,” Manchin said.

Katydid (@guest_376836)

Hopefully Manchin is one of the few dems with a brain. If he follows Biden then he is toast. I hope he realilzes that his wifes cushy job isn’t worth loosing his seat next election.

Jesse (@guest_376667)

All I can say is, I told you so. He’s a Liberal Democrat.

rm (@guest_376810)
Reply to  Jesse

Jesse….Mr. Manchin is no leader compared to the late Robert C. B^y^r^d, who was my Senator for years…. I don’t care what they say about Sen. B^y^r^d, he got a lot done for West Virginians and the state…. If Mr. Manchin wants to keep his seat, he needs to vote against the infrastructure bill and all the other garbage coming from the WH and the dems….

Charles Doss (@guest_376578)

Manchin is a wind vane. If you don’t believe it, check out his index finger. I’ll guarantee you it is wet from him sticking it in his mouth, and holding it up in the air to see which way the wind is blowing. He wavers and waffles on every important issue, and usually joins in with the other insane dems.

JanieCheatham (@guest_376546)

If You Are On A L00k out For A Way T0 Earn Your First Dollar Online You Can Stop Searching!
Start Now With This Award Winning Program And Receive Your First Paycheck FCRRu Within A Week!
Find out more here >>> 𝗷𝗼𝗯𝘀𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗸𝘀𝟮𝟰.𝗰𝗳

VictoriaSimpson (@guest_376532)

Start Now With This Award Winning Program And Receive FVGo Your First Paycheck Within A Week!
Find out more here >>> 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝘀𝟱𝟯.𝘁𝗸

Isabelle Rice (@guest_376511)

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had.KJQ Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour.

I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>> 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬𝟓𝟔.𝐓𝐤

Pattie Kelly (@guest_376471)

Typical lefties say one thing do something different. We have to get Biden out of office. I pray we take the House back and flip some seats in the senate to get control back and then impeach Biden and Harris. Both are ruining our America.

Sara (@guest_376562)
Reply to  Pattie Kelly

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past.fgv I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour.

I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>> 𝐰𝐰𝐰.𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐀𝐩𝐩𝟑.𝐜𝐨𝐦

DonRS (@guest_376434)

Sen. Manchin is just another mindless Democrat. He talks and talks and talks the right words, but falls into LOCKSTEP with the Democrats, EVERY TIME! His “word” is meaningless!

Jasmine (@guest_376356)

Start Now With This Award Winning Program And Receive Your DSAq First Paycheck Within A Week!
Find out more here >>> 𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐡𝟏.𝐭𝐤

I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>> 𝗲𝗖𝗮𝘀𝗵𝟭.𝘁𝗞

Marine Bob (@guest_376285)

I said his lips were moving and he would support bankrupting America.

Gale (@guest_376281)

That’s Manchin, flip-flop just to keep his name in the highlights. Guess he thinks that will get reelected.

Roberta King (@guest_376261)

Manchin does this REPEATEDLY!!!! He’s like Nancy pulling the football stunt on Charlie Brown. Don’t know WHY anyone would ever count on him to follow through, after all he is a democrat and they are all liars! He has nothing else to offer but like all the rest of the left he has to have something to make people pay attention to him!

Terry (@guest_376257)

Hillary must have threatened his life.

WaltK (@guest_376205)

I’ve written this before: Manchin is a DemocRAT politician!! He talks a great game about being a moderate but then when the chips are down (to vote), he goes along with all the other corrupt Dems!! They’re liars, cheaters, corrupt, unethical, immoral hypocrites!!

Roberta King (@guest_376262)
Reply to  WaltK

Amen to that, WaltK!

JC (@guest_376200)

Hopefully, Manchin is smart enough not to follow the other Democrats into the abyss. Biden is a mindless fool. Pelosi is guilty of treason. Schumer is an idiot. If Manchin wants to continue being an American he will resist the Democrat fools lunacy.

Harriet Knowles (@guest_376156)

Start Now With This Award Winning Program And Receive Your First Paycheck Within A Week!
Find out more here >>> 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬𝟓𝟔.𝐓𝐤

julia (@guest_376093)

uptil I saw the check for $8819, I did not believe that my cousin actualy taking home money in their spare time from there computar.. there uncle started doing this for only nine months and a short time ago paid for the dept on there mini mansion and bourt a brand new Ariel Atom.

read here……………………………… 𝗪𝘄𝘄.𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲𝟏.𝐭𝐤

Elaine (@guest_376067)

This online job is best for students. Because no experience is required..Boom..Check this.. 𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐩𝐞𝟐𝟐.𝐜𝐨𝐦

GabriellaKnipe (@guest_375973)

Start Now With This Award Winning Program And Receive Your First Paycheck FCRu Within A Week!
Find out more here >>> 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝟎𝟑.𝐭𝐤

EliseCarter (@guest_375890)

Start Now With This Award Winning Program And Receive Your First Paycheck FDSq Within A Week!
Find out more here >>> 𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐡𝟏.𝐭𝐤