House Republicans produce series of bills aimed at curtailing power of Big Tech

After a seemingly endless series of abuses and blatant censorship of conservative voices on their platforms, Big Tech firms are now facing a massive effort being launched by House Republicans to curtail what some perceive as their tyrannical power, as Newsbusters.org reports.

GOP members of the powerful House Energy and Commerce Committee have produced a package comprised of 32 bills that would accomplish, among other things, the reform of Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, boosting transparency, and safeguarding vulnerable children from the dangers of social media sites, including those related to human trafficking.

According to Republican Ranking Member Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA), “Big Tech has broken our trust that they can be good and responsible stewards of their platforms,” and she added that “the goal for these drafts is to lead to concrete legislation and reforms.”

McMorris Rodgers continued, saying, “The Committee is asking for stakeholder and public engagement on these draft bills as part of their thoughtful process in their Big Tech accountability platform to drive meaningful change.”

Perhaps of most significant interest to many conservatives is the draft legislation written by McMorris Rodgers and Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) that would eliminate so-called “Section 230” protections from Big Tech corporations and mandate the reporting of their content moderation choices to the Federal Trade Commission.

The draft language amends Section 230 of the Communications Act to state that immunity would not apply to “certain companies” and would force online platform providers to “implement and maintain reasonable and user-friendly appeals processes for decisions about content on the platforms,” as Fox Business noted.

This would represent a dramatic change from the current language of the Act that reads, “no provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider.”

As such, if the draft bill became law, firms such as Twitter, Facebook, Google, Amazon, and Microsoft would lost their blanket liability protection, something which has led to their massive growth and dominance, and would place them in a category falling under a new “Section 230A,” which would hold such companies accountable for content and information they “amplify, promote, or suggest,” as Fox Business added.

Expressing a sentiment with which millions of Americans would surely agree, in explaining the intent behind the proposed changes, McMorris Rodgers declared, “It’s time to expose Big Tech’s bias and make sure they treat constitutionally protected speech fairly.”

3.3 3 votes

Teresa (@guest_385081)

I get paid over $87 per hour working from home with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over 10k a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless.
Here’s what I’ve been doing………   https://www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Teresa
Susan (@guest_384968)

Since I started with my online business, I earn $25 every 15 minutes. It sounds unbelievable but you won’t forgive yourself if you don’t check it out.

Learn more about it here……………. https://www.paybuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Susan
Christine Besser (@guest_384840)

I like the proposed legislation. I think it should also include suing big tech if they try to censor viewpoints opposite their own. They need to be held accountable and reap the consequences of those actions

careh60245 (@guest_384828)

l 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝖻𝖾𝗀𝖺𝗇 𝖺 𝗆𝗈𝗇𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖺 𝗁𝖺𝗅𝖿 𝗉𝗋𝗂𝗈𝗋 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖨’𝗏𝖾 𝗀𝗈𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗇 2 check for an aggregate of $2,200…this is the best choice I made in quite a while! “Much obliged to you for giving me this remarkable chance to 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖿𝗂𝗍 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝗁𝗈𝗆𝖾. 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗌 additional money has transformed myself from multiple points of view,

bless your heart!”……….. http://WWW.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by careh60245
Stephen Russell (@guest_384772)

Get ON GETTR site, Presidents site

Stephen Russell (@guest_384771)

Needed long overdue & add LinkedIn into mix

Jerry (@guest_384731)

I don’t have Facebook Twitter or anything that censors freedom of speech. I don’t know why the rich people seem to side with China if it’s so great move there. I loved watching the nfl and Olympic Games but no longer watch either now that they no longer care about their own business everyone watched sports for entertainment not to get their personal political views. This is still the greatest country in the world Joe maybe you and Hunter can move to China we aren’t stupid they OWN you.

answierd (@guest_384750)
Reply to  Jerry

Man ,that’s it in a nutshell, I don’t think anything more needs to be said.

Suzi cossett (@guest_384729)

Yes remove 230 protections from them….we have to reign in the over arching power of big tech. It is far too big. I am with you all in this. I wish I could vote with you!!!

Jeff (@guest_384745)
Reply to  Suzi cossett

When Trump gets back in the office he so rightly deserves, he ought to consider nationalizing Amazon, Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc. They seem to adore socialism so much, let’s see what they think about it when they become the victim of it!

Robert W (@guest_384726)

I sure do hope that they will be successful in getting those bills adopted!!!!!

Brenda Ricker (@guest_384742)
Reply to  Robert W

I agree with you all I sure hope the bill Passes 👍

Squiggy (@guest_384725)

WHO CARES ABOUT BIG TECH!! There are bigger fish to fry! Like the southern boarder, Biden eating his boogers, election audits. Get off your BUTTS Republicans.

AmberSkelton (@guest_384700)

Every month easily makes more than $15k just by doing very simple home based job. Last month i have received $16834 from this online job just by doing this in my part time for only 2 hrs maximum a day…..

Open this site For Full Detail………….. https://www.paybuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by AmberSkelton
Elaine (@guest_384683)

bless your heart!”……….. https://bit.ly/2TPspPm

Last edited 1 month ago by Elaine
Nicole (@guest_384551)

My last month paycheck was for $11,000 dollars… All i did was simple online work from comfort at home for 3-4 hours/day that I got from this agency I discovered over the internet and they paid me for it 95 bucks every hour….They are looking for new people to join their team now and i highly recommend to everyone to apply…Thanks a lot.
Visit following page for more information…………. https://www.paybuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Nicole
Newa (@guest_384728)
Reply to  Nicole

Joe Biden get your job done. Close the Southern border now. Quit destroying work that someone else accomplished that needed to be done

Connie (@guest_384732)
Reply to  Newa

Biden is totally inept. No sense trying to talk to him, he’s hiding in the basement. KamalaBama is running the show now and everybody knows it. She is a danger to the United States and all patriots everywhere. She WANTS the border open so all the Dems down south have a quick way into our country. She is a traitor and we are in a very dangerous situation.

Hoff (@guest_384743)
Reply to  Nicole

FYI I just reported this as spam!