Harris casts tie breaking vote to confirm Biden nominee for the Office of Personnel Management

Vice President Kamala Harris exercised her duty to break a tie in the Senate on Tuesday and sided with Democrats to confirm President Joe Biden’s nominee for the director of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), according to The Hill.

Harris was called on due to a 50-50 split along party lines of the divided upper house of Congress where Republicans and Democrats squared off on Biden nominee Kiran Ahuja.

This isn’t her first time getting tapped by the executive branch for a job, however. Capitol Hill is familiar with Ahuja due to her work for the Obama administration as an executive director of the Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.

The now confirmed OPM director was nominated in February for the position, but staunch opposition by Republicans has slowed her confirmation process.

Republicans objected to Ahuja as the OPM director due to her progressive stance on issues such as abortion rights and critical race theory, both of which are close to the hearts of many on the right.

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) helped head the effort to hold up the confirmation, saying that he was concerned that the then-nominee would take critical race theory and integrate it into federal directives.

Critical race theory forces its followers to admit that every person, not a minority is actually racist and an aggressor and needs to not only admit that, but actively work to fix it, in some cases, by acquiescing to people of color they live or work around.

“On this vote, the ‘yeas’ are 50 [and] the ‘nays’ are 50,” Harris said when breaking the tie. “The Senate being equally and evenly divided, the vice president votes in the affirmative. The nomination is confirmed … and the president will immediately be notified of the Senate’s action.”

This is Harris’s fourth time to break a tie in the Senate and the second time for a Biden nominee.

KatieKim (@guest_374311)

In 2021, start earning cash from your home and getting paid(500$ to 700$ / hour ) by this job. These are the best online jobs I’ve made $84, 8254 so far this year wOrking NOVV online and I’m a full time student. Join it today here…FOr More Details==>> 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫𝟐𝟒𝟕.𝐜𝐟

IslaLowin (@guest_373717)

A Begin Working in Home Now .A month earlier I GOT check of almost Thirty Thousand Us Dollars this online work is fundamental and direct, don’t need to go OFFICE,GFUt Its home online development go to home media tech tab for more detail
GOOD LUCK……… 𝐧𝐚𝐯𝐣𝐨𝐛.𝐭𝐤

Joan Lincoln (@guest_374114)
Reply to  IslaLowin

A Begin Working in Home Now .A month earlier I GOT check of almost Thirty Thousand Us Dollars this online work is fundamental and direct, don’t need to go OFFICE,TRJ Its home online development go to home media tech tab for more detail
GOOD LUCK……… 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐫𝟐.𝐭𝐤

Randy J Floyd (@guest_373656)

kalma will do anything biden wants her to do even when being on her knees. She is trash and a low life piece of scum who knew how to get herself to the top.

Nancy (@guest_373619)

Mike you are absolutely correct. The Republicans in DC were too busy bashing Trump and wondering where their next big check was going to come from. Now the people of this country are going to have to stand up and say NO and not only NO BUT HELL No to this radical crap. Like it or not we are the only ones that can save our country. We don’t have a say in Congress and the Senate so we can’t count on the swamp people up there especially since the Dems cheated their way in and now have the final say when it come to a tie to make something happen or not happen. Kamala will always go with the agenda that Bidens bunch is setting up for this country so that is a given. We need to stand up ourselves and say NO unless the Republicans and Conservatives of this country have absolutely no Guts what so ever and if that is true then they too deserve what they get from this POS in the WH

mike (@guest_373423)

Why should anyone be surprised?

Everyone knew this would be the agenda….. the “people” voted for it….. remember?

Well folks, you got what you voted for, and yes I believe there were shenanigans in the election, but just roll over and let it happen……. I am a life long conservative ( would not disgrace myself by saying I am a republican), so where were the “republicans”…. they rolled over and DIED.

Honestly, Im not sure we take the house or the senate in’22……. Dems will cheat again.

Keep your head up where the sun dont shine….. and this will keep going……

Any comment?

Mark Infield (@guest_373421)

I cannot understand where this regime comes up with such inept nominees

John Skelton (@guest_373585)
Reply to  Mark Infield

Because this regime is inept.

Vicki Bonnell (@guest_373396)

Just another idiot to join the squad. This administration is lower than low.

Reply to  Vicki Bonnell

Yes they recognize their own kind.

Terry Bell (@guest_373385)

F*CK JOE BIDEN AND K. HARRIS !

michael (@guest_373387)
Reply to  Terry Bell

got that right.

Alex A. Robinson (@guest_373372)

Yeah it`s Possible…Anybody can earn 5oo$+ daily… You can earn from16000$-32000$ a month or even more if you work as a full time job…It’s easy, just follow instructions on this page, CGui read it carefully from start to finish… It’s a flexible job but a g00d eaning opportunity……… 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝟎𝟏.𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐮𝐱.𝐜𝐨𝐦

Patricia Hauze (@guest_373369)

Well, at least it shows that she is capable of doing SOMETHING…

IslaLowin (@guest_373259)

I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45 to 85 per/h. Without BVN a my doubt, this is the pay easiest and most financially rewarding job I’ve ever had.FDE I actually started 6 months ago and this has totally
changed my life………… 𝐧𝐚𝐯𝐣𝐨𝐛.𝐭𝐤

victoriacolmrs26 (@guest_373217)

I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45 to 85 per/h. Without GTD a my doubt, this is the pay easiest and most financially rewarding job I’ve ever had. I actually started 6 months ago and this has totally
changed my life………… 𝐖­𝐰­𝐰­.­𝐖­𝐞­𝐛­𝐂­𝐚­𝐬­𝐡­𝟏­.­𝐂­𝐨­𝐦