Gov. Cuomo could pardon himself of charges brought against him

Soon to be former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo may have a way to pardon himself, according to a former district attorney’s assessment of his case.

Fox News contributor Andrew McCarthy who is a former assistant U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York told the network that there is no law banning the governor from issuing a self-pardon.

The governor is facing charges in cases where investigators found evidence to support claims of sexual assault of multiple victims who claim to have been harassed while Cuomo held office.

McCarthy said he doesn’t think that Cuomo will go the route of trying to pardon himself, but it is still likely an option for the disgraced governor.

“I don’t believe Cuomo would pardon himself, because the groping crime he’s under investigation for in the Commisso complaint is (a) considered a misdemeanor and not very serious (i.e., it’s not considered felony sexual assault), and (b) he has vigorously denied the allegation and a pardon would be tantamount to a confession of guilt,” McCarthy said.

Newsweek reported in 2017 several instances of governors who have pardoned themselves, including a perplexing case in 1911, where Tennessee Gov. B.W. Hooper sentenced himself to two days in prison in order to “study conditions firsthand.”

The Tennessee executive officer pardoned himself the next day, but his case was curious at the very least.

Additionally (and more recently) there were two instances of gubernatorial pardons, including in 1941, Washington Gov. Arthur Langlie, a Republican reportedly unintentionally pardoned himself due to a stenographer’s mistake in a transcription. That was later corrected.

Again in 1956 Democratic governor of Arkansas, Orval Faubus pardoned himself, though of what historical reports seem unsure. What is sure is that the pardon came after the governor had to spend a brief stint in jail.

lixohe14 (@guest_387146)

Begin Working in Home Now .A month earlier I GOT check of almost Twenty Six Thousand Us Dollars this online work is fundamental and direct, don’t need to go OFFICE, Its home online development
Just Go to This Link and Apply……………… https://xurl.es/xh63e

Last edited 1 month ago by lixohe14
Lester Trochelman (@guest_387010)

They already have!

Barbara (@guest_386957)

Here is I started.……………………………….>>  https://Www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Barbara
Lora (@guest_386936)

Amazing! I’ve been making $85 every hour since i started freelancing over the internet half a year ago… I work from home several hours daily and do basic work i get from this company that i stumbled upon online… I am very happy to share this work opportunity to you… It’s definitely the best job i ever had…
Check it out here…………….. https://www.paybuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Lora
ArleneNissen (@guest_386876)

Work for 2-3 hours in your spare time and get paid $1000 on your paypal account every week…
Get more information on following site………. ….>>  https://Www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by ArleneNissen
Shirley Eastus (@guest_386814)

To time to use the 1 & 2 amendments and take them out of office. NOT VOTE THEIR CHEATING FRAUDS BUTTS OUT.

Mariana (@guest_386758)

Here is I started.……………………………….>>  https://Www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Mariana
tom (@guest_386737)

he should be shot between those shifty eyes.

MDS (@guest_386728)

Oh what a swamp…

Richard Myers (@guest_386707)

Well we know one thing for sure Democrats don’t get held accountable how many things have we seen swept under the rug and how many times do they twist and they’re famous for the smoke and mirrors just like Obama gate probably one of them biggest stories of the century where is it at now under the rug

Angelika (@guest_386698)

KARMA will get him, one way or another…..eventually…!!!

Megan Davis (@guest_386690)

I get paid $109 per hour working from home. I never thought I’d be capable to do it but my best buddy makes over $30214 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

START HERE.……………….. https://www.paybuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Megan Davis

Here is Job opportunity for everyone! Because of Corona Work from comfort of your home, on your computer And you can work with your own working hours. You can work this job As part time or As A full time job. You can Earns up to $1000 per Day by way of work is simple on the web. It’s easy, just follow instructions on home page,

read it carefully from start to finish Check The Details…… http://PayBuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Anna
Laura Wagner (@guest_386662)

He won’t have to pardon himself. His buddy, Biden will do it. After all, the bogus president has praised Cuomo for doing a bang up job and governor of New York and the wokesters won’t bat an eye about it. New York Times and Washington Post as well as CNN and MSNBC will praise Creepy Joe for allowing proper justice to be done.

Karen (@guest_386664)
Reply to  Laura Wagner

What a kabuki theater. Cuomo a disgraceful piece of Governor should not be allowed back into his office.. You are out … and the Historians, (at least the honest ones will tell the story.) How shameful you have behaved, especially when you cried for President Trump to help you out of that shithole you dug yourself into (we say upper edge of the lower lip) ashamed listening to your lies and miserable explanations of what you have done. The other point is the murders you have committed and willingly took into account what would happen putting covid 19 patients into Nursing Homes. I don’t know how one can live with that on your conscience ?? Thank God – he will have more mercy than I would.

Reply to  Laura Wagner

Unfortunately you are most likely right.

Maggie (@guest_386656)

To pardon himself would make a mockery of justice for the many women he has abused & assaulted! He needs prison time! Plus, it would help restore a little integrity to the present justice system! It would make a joke of New York!

Charles R Smith (@guest_386647)

Same story the politicians are above the law just like the elite all about the money

Oscar V Pearson (@guest_386643)

If he does then criminal charges are a must!

THOMAS (@guest_386641)

Cuomo MURDERED THOUSANDS when he sent people infected with Covid to Nursing Homes !
He should be brought up on charges, convicted and EXECUTED !

Gerald S Ladd (@guest_386644)
Reply to  THOMAS

Just watch. Nothing will be done about that. The relatives of those he killed (murdered)should file a class action lawsuit against him.

Delaware Babe (@guest_386653)
Reply to  THOMAS

He will never be brought up on charges for all those murders. The reason he is being ousted now is so that the dims can keep the nursing home debacle Under Wraps. Cuomo has outlived his usefulness which is why he has been thrown under the bus. These sexual harassment complaints AR not new but the left is using them to draw attention away from the nursing home scandal.

Wharf Rat (@guest_386638)

Wouldnt that be hoot to watch.

Wanda Leonard (@guest_386574)

Check it out here………… http://Www.WorkApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Wanda Leonard
newani58 (@guest_386547)

Begin Working in Home Now .A month earlier I GOT check of almost Twenty Five Thousand Us Dollars this online work is fundamental and direct, don’t need to go OFFICE, Its home online development Go to this Site…………… https://xurl.es/xh63e

Last edited 1 month ago by newani58