GOP Trump-hater resigns after backlash over 2020 election opinion

Michigan GOP Executive Director Jason Cabel Roe has tendered his resignation after suffering intense backlash over his stance on the 2020 presidential election according to The Washington Examiner

Roe who took on the role in February of this year, has been vocal about his opinion that the election was not stolen from former President Donald Trump, which has caused him to have a popularity crisis among his fellow Republicans.

The executive director announced his resignation on Wednesday after months of criticism from figures within the GOP as well as the former president himself.

“I have resigned my position as executive director and the reasons will remain between me and Chairman [Ron] Weiser,” Roe said in an email to the Washington Examiner. “We’ve built an amazing team and I know they will be very successful in 2022. I look forward to helping any way I can.”

Roe has been a frequent critic of the former president, even telling Politico late in 2020 that Trump”retains a hold that is forcing party leaders to continue down the path of executing his fantasy of overturning the outcome — at their own expense.”

“Frankly, continuing to humor him merely excuses his role in this. The election wasn’t stolen. He blew it. Up until the final two weeks, he seemingly did everything possible to lose,” he continued. “Given how close it was, there is no one to blame but Trump.”

Unfortunately for Roe, he picked a powerful enemy, considering the incredible respect that most Republicans still have for the former president. Much of the attention given to Trump by Republican voters is partially due to the belief that he should still be in the Oval Office.

Trump has been viewed as continuing to the the leader of the Republican Party, despite not actually being an elected official or working in politics. He has, however, continued his public presence, even speaking for Republican candidates.

Roe may well have solicited the kiss of death to his Republican political career, pitting himself against the former president, and his ostriciation from Michigan Republicans is just one indication of the mess he seem to have made for himself.

malady71 (@guest_382120)

One more Rino out, now get someone in there that votes for the integrity of this country.

Cleric 72 (@guest_382104)

Sadly, these Establishment GOP are truly anti- “America First”. In stead they have put themselves their professional careers first. President Trump has reveal these establishment GOP self-serving behavior for us to see and to continue to “Drain the Swamp” Thus, in the upcoming 2022 & 2024 we all need to vote for “America First” candidates.

Bobby (@guest_382096)

These ignorant politicians knew there was fraud in 2020 election investigation is finding it now.

James Pearce (@guest_382065)

There are more RINO’s out there that should be run out of the Republician party for their lack of support of President Trump. Finally we had a President in office that keep promises made in campaigning, unlike so many before him. Trump was not a DC swamp rat, hence his unpopularity, but he was loved by his supporters. It is obvious Trump loves America and wants to see us succeed.

John (@guest_382057)

No one in America, and I mean no one, has the right to make a decision for me, I do not care how high up the political ladder they may be. My man may not be chosen, but no one has the right tp unilaterally, presume to make my choice. The voice of America, and the will of the people are to valuable to surrender to a claimed surrogate.

Joseph R Coppola (@guest_382053)

Not discounting fraud of any kind, but when one uses common sense and considers the road to economic success that the country was on how on earth could Trump have lost? Granted he has a tendency to open his mouth and say some very controversial things, but his supporters “get him” and his take on politics. Bottom line either Trump lost the election fair and square or he was robbed.

Bether (@guest_382050)

I am glad that he is gone. Now if only our Governor would do the same

malady71 (@guest_382121)
Reply to  Bether

It will only happen if the people stand together. Divided we fall, and that is what the Dems are counting on.

Katy Lied (@guest_382049)

MORE THAN HALF of the citizens in this country KNOW the election was stolen and no matter how much the criminal Democrats threaten and bully and lie THAT WILL NOT CHANGE.

AmyMendoza (@guest_381980)

My pay at least $300/day. My co-worker says me! I’m really amazed because you really help people to have ideas how to earn money. Thank you for your ideas and I hope that you’ll achieve more and receive more blessings.edcf I admire your Website I hope you will notice me & I hope I can also win your paypal giveaway.

VISIT HERE…………. http://Ecash1.tk/

Last edited 19 days ago by AmyMendoza
cozycalico (@guest_381967)

You got that right! I hope Trump’s health stays good so he can come back with a landslide in 2024.

Angelika (@guest_381944)

“if” in his mind, the election was not stolen, why was he getting so RILED-UP, then RESIGNED….??? What’s WRONG with this picture..???? A LOT….!!!

Michael S Berry Sr (@guest_381940)

Roe MUST be a Rino because he is a flaming IDIOT. No understanding of the Republican Party. I don’t really know why he isn’t a registered Dumb-o-crap.

Russell Mims (@guest_381935)

These RINO republicans need to go. Resignation or lose at the voting booth so that we can get election integrity republicans elected and send these socialist packing before Biden and his ilk totally destroy our republic!

Edward Irvin (@guest_381928)

He should be a Democrap

Alan S Hunton (@guest_381919)

Love it when the Repugnants eat one another!

Kathleen (@guest_382058)
Reply to  Alan S Hunton

So agree.

EvaAdams (@guest_381850)

Here is Job opportunity for everyone! Because of Corona Work from comfort of your home, on your computer And you can work with your own working hours.jmki You can work this job As part time or As A full time job. You can Earns up to $1000 per Day by way of work is simple on the web. It’s easy, just follow instructions on home page,
read it carefully from start to finish Check The Details…… http://www.Paybuzz1.com

Last edited 20 days ago by EvaAdams