Fox News’ Howard Kurtz blasts network colleague Geraldo Rivera over vaccine ‘shaming’

Amid concern over the spread of the Delta variant of COVID-19, liberals pundits are attempting to assign blame — and unmitigated scorn — to unvaccinated Americans, but on Sunday, Fox News’ Howard Kurtz slammed personalities such as network colleague Geraldo Rivera for “shaming” those who have chosen not to take the jab, as Mediate reports.

During this past weekend’s installment of his MediaBuzz program, Kurtz blasted commentators for denouncing those who are skeptical about the coronavirus vaccines and suggested that such rhetoric is utterly counterproductive to the supposed goals of those issuing it.

“I knew it. I knew from the moment that CNN’s Don Lemon denounced unvaccinated Americans for their idiotic behavior that we were headed into a surge of anger against those who haven’t gotten the shots,” Kurtz said at the show’s open, then lamenting the fact that the “rising resentment against the vaccinated” seen in recent days is “driven by the pundits.”

Kurtz singled out a series of left-leaning media personalities for contributing to this trend, including Fox News’ own Geraldo Rivera, who launched into an angry tirade against the unvaccinated last week on The Five in which he proclaimed, “If you are unvaccinated, you are an arrogant, selfish SOB,” according to the New York Daily News.

Rivera proceeded to argue that anyone who is unwilling to receive a coronavirus vaccine must agree to regular testing and should fully expect to be shunned to margins of society until they do, much to the agitation of co-host Greg Gutfeld, who accused him of having no evidence “that people were walking around willy-nilly spreading the diesease.”

In issuing his rebuke of Rivera as well as commentator Piers Morgan and even President Joe Biden for remarks made about unvaccinated Americans, Kurtz made it clear that he wants to see as many people receive the shots as possible, but that “ripping them and ridiculing them, slamming and shaming them isn’t going to work, it just ticks them off, and these piling-on pundits ought to know better.”

When guest Clarence Page suggested that there are a host of reasons why some Americans may not yet be immunized against COVID-19, such as a lack of access in certain communities, Kurtz reiterated his opposition to the current campaign of ostracization, saying, “I still think that yelling at them and shaming them is just precisely the wrong thing to do.”

Kurtz was not the only one to register outrage at Rivera’s commentary, with social media users also quick to express their disgust, as the Daily News further noted. Twitter user Gretchen Smith wrote, “Do you realize how many viewers you have lost on The Five because of Geraldo Rivera? Good luck with viewership. You lost mine none  months ago and this just solidifies it,” referencing the network’s controversial Election Night coverage.

Given that much of the mainstream media establishment has given itself over fully to the notion that Americans should no longer enjoy the freedom to determine what goes into their bodies, kudos to Kurtz for taking a stand on the side of liberty.

Here is Job opportunity for everyone! Because of Corona Work from comfort of your home, on your computer And you can work with your own working hours. You can work this job As part time or As A full time job. You can Earns up to $1000 per Day by way of work is simple on the web. It’s easy, just follow instructions on home page,

read it carefully from start to finish Check The Details…… http://www.Paybuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Anna
1-Eddie-1 (@guest_385255)

It is a violation of federal law to force anyone to get an experimental vaccine. It is also a crime against humanity to force an individual to become a test subject against their will. Coercion is not consent.

I don’t understand. Why happened to my body … my choice. AND it’s the unvaccinated who should worry about catching Covid from the vaccinated. I saw an article today that an autopsy was done on a fully vaccinated person who died. They found that spike protein in every organ of his body. Many people today who are vaccinated are the spreaders. They catch Covid and they think it’s just a sinus infection (as Senator Graham said recently) when it’s actually Covid. So they live their regular lives spreading it all over. AND if the vaccine is so great, why are the vaccinated so worried about catching it? If the vaccine is not so great, why would I want to take it? Sorry, it makes no sense!

Pattie P Kelly (@guest_385091)

I am a Roman Catholic and in Catholic theology you can’t support abortion. Like women always say “My Body My Choice”. I am not getting the vaccine because of a million reasons why. I am 67 and understand my risks but like I said above “My Body My Choice”. When the regular flu comes around I get the flu shot but I know many of people who not for health reasons or they just don’t want to. The regular flu kills about the same amount of people. So you can scream at me all you won’t again “My Body My Choice”.

Teresa (@guest_385076)

I get paid over $87 per hour working from home with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over 10k a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless.
Here’s what I’ve been doing………   https://www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Teresa
Guest (@guest_385054)

I have had my shots that being said we still live in the free country called the United States of America & to get a shot or not is that individuals right to say yes or no & all the bullies out there like Biden & the rest need to try to appeal to these people in a kind gentle way not threats & if they do not want it then they can deal with it!! Of course we are not hearing where this new strain that is causing problem came from but maybe the illegals Biden let in and did not giving them shots & quarantine them as we who had our shot were told to do we wouldn’t have half the problems!

Reply to  Guest

So true. Illegals are coming in, some of whom have Covid. And they are transporting them all over the country. So until something is done about that, how can they force American citizens to take a shot. My body … my choice.

jemnet (@guest_385042)

It remains to be seen whether the people who choose to be vaccinated or the people who choose not to be vaccinated have made the right decision. I remind you that the vaccines are “experimental” and it is unknown what the long term effects will be on the human body. It is reported that animals given the vaccine all died after being released into the wild and exposed to other threats they normally survive..

Stephen Russell (@guest_384994)

Hooray finally get on Geraldo some awesome

Larry Martin (@guest_384975)

Geraldo Rivera, has always seemed a bit like some Dysfunctional Renegade, looking down his nose, and putting down other people without cause, and he’s ‘ignoring each individual has, Constitutional rights, to choose, not to be Brow beaten by some self appointed, blow hard director.

Susan (@guest_384964)

Since I started with my online business, I earn $25 every 15 minutes. It sounds unbelievable but you won’t forgive yourself if you don’t check it out.

Learn more about it here……………. https://www.paybuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Susan
Mary Anders (@guest_384953)

Definitely time for Geraldo Rivera to go on down the road!

Mary Queen (@guest_384948)

Time 2 get rid of Geraldo .. arrogant big mouth self imposed important joke ..

Jody Bartel (@guest_384943)

I did not appreciate the remarks that Riveria made on Fox. I was told years ago that I should not take any vaccine, due to a disease that I had contracted. WAs told again last week not to have this vaccine shot. There are many reasons why people are not taking it. It is not up to others what we do.

MustangUSN04 (@guest_384939)

April 10th, I received my second shot. May 10th, I went to the emergency room due to temp and feeling really bad. I woke up on the 17th. I had been put in a coma and intibated. Finaly discharged 1st of June.
I at 75 very healthy & fit, i have never had the flu or a flu shot since the mandatory Swine flu shot in the 1970’s. I found out the military was the test for the new vaccine. I had 4 kids at home. I unknowingly gave the virus to my wife. I departed on a two week deployment. My wife had to get a squadron friend to take the kids until she recovered.
After my recent issue with the PHYSER vaccine. I do not recommend it. I will not take the booster or any flu shot again.
“My Body, My Choice” !

BTW, EF Heraldo. He is a phony and a turncoat. I watch NewsMax since the FOX call during the AZ election returns.

Last edited 1 month ago by MustangUSN04
Reply to  MustangUSN04

Newsmax is my choice also. Many people are having terrible reactions to the vaccine, but it is not being reported. It is all a part of a political agenda.

Ken (@guest_384933)

I watched Fox News for hours every week until they became too liberal, and invited numerous liberals to promote their moronic opinions. I rarely watch now, and only for a few minutes until I get too upset.

Garry Cupp (@guest_384931)

Wet back Riveria needs his nose broke again, that POS is a communist cowardly loser. I have been vaccinated and will hold out for a lot longer until they know what this shit does in the long run

James A McDaniel (@guest_384918)

The new America, failure is fine.
Not my kind of America.

Eli 7777 (@guest_384909)

People have been getting the Variant, whether vaccinated or not. We know some people, whose doctor advised against the vaccine, because of health issues or allergies. The Biden Administration allowed about a million illegals to cross the border, then bused or flew them around the U.S. Crime has risen, so will diseases and the covid. They knew it, but it was all joke to Kamala, who either ignored it or laughed it off.

Reply to  Eli 7777

both Biden and Harris are a joke. There is no way they should be in the positions they are in and we the people are and will continue to suffer because they are where they are for 4 of the longest years ever.

Hoff (@guest_384907)

He said, I think, what a lot of us feel.

Doris Lauter (@guest_384904)

Vaccinated people can get the virus, and pass it on to another vaccinated person. Will they be shunned ?

Reply to  Doris Lauter

Of course not. The are not even telling us how many vaccinated people caught Covid. They only tell us what they want us to know.

sakia (@guest_384814)

Google is by and by paying $27485 to $29658 consistently for taking a shot at the web from home. I have joined this action 2 months back and I have earned $31547 in my first month from this action. I can say my life is improved completely!

Take a gander at it what I do…. http://Www.WorkApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by sakia
AmberSkelton (@guest_384758)

Every month easily makes more than $15k just by doing very simple home based job. Last month i have received $16834 from this online job just by doing this in my part time for only 2 hrs maximum a day…..
Open this site For Full Detail………….. https://www.paybuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by AmberSkelton
Eli 7777 (@guest_384910)
Reply to  AmberSkelton

Probably wasn’t legal, or Socialist Soros paid you for propaganda.