Fox News’ Chris Wallace claims Republicans are responsible for defunding police

Fox News’ Chris Wallace seems to have zero concern over his poor standing with many of the right-leaning network’s dedicated viewers, which was especially apparent over the weekend in a conversation he had with a sitting Republican lawmaker.

According to The Hill, during a discussion about defunding police departments with Rep. Jim Banks (R-IN) on Fox News Sunday, Wallace had the audacity to suggest to the Indiana congressman that it’s Republicans who are ultimately responsible for defunding the police, which sparked a contentious debate between the two.

“Can’t you make the argument that it’s you and the Republicans who defunded the police?” Wallace asked, basing the question on Banks’ vote against President Joe Biden’s American Rescue Plan, which had some funds set aside for police departments.

What Wallace didn’t bring up is the fact that while police departments can receive grants from state and federal government programs and legislation, police departments’ daily operations are funded by the localities that they serve, and the “defund the police” movement, which is linked to Black Lives Matter (BLM) and other radical leftist activist groups, are not Republican-led efforts, by any means.

Banks made sure Wallace was aware of that in his reply to the asinine line of questioning.

“When Rep. [Ilhan] Omar [D-Minn.] says that policing is rooted in evil, and [Speaker] Nancy Pelosi [D-Calif.] compares police officers to Nazi storm troopers, it makes it very difficult for police departments around the country to recruit police officers,” Banks said.

As The Washington Times’ opinion writer Cheryl K. Chumley observed in Wallace’s craftily-worded, ridiculous question, the Fox anchor seemed to be “more interested in scoring cheap career points against Republicans, however, than serving the public with truths. And this is why Americans have no respect for the media. This is why ‘fake news’ became such a splash.”

She also correctly pointed out that Republicans didn’t support the Democrat-led American Rescue Plan because the $360 billion set aside in the legislation for police “was actually tied up in a boondoggle of a Biden plan to redistribute wealth and call it coronavirus relief,” to the tune of roughly $1.9 trillion.

Republicans not supporting the ARP bill is not even remotely close in comparison to the radical, Marxist city councils across the country voting in favor of hamstringing local police departments, and Wallace knows that, but, instead, chose to be intellectually dishonest.

Jane C Dewberry (@guest_377394)

Chris Wallace has completely gone over the sanity hill and lives in a fantasy world that doesn’t exist. His father, Mike Wallace, would be so disappointed to see how delusional his son has become.

Stephen Russell (@guest_376794)

No Fool, try Dem policies day 1 to Defund Police

BettyCashwell (@guest_377351)
Reply to  Stephen Russell

I saw the paycheck which was of $9282, I didn’t believe that my mom in-law was like truly erning money part time from their computer..rdfet there neighbour started doing this 4 only 21 months and WLDC resantly paid for the dept on their home and got Maserati.
more info here……………….>>>> 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝟐𝟒𝟕.𝐜𝐟

LillyFlynn (@guest_376686)

If You Are On A L00k out For A Way T0 Earn Your First Dollar Online You Can Stop Searching!
Start Now With This Award Winning Program And FCT Receive Your First Paycheck Within A Week!
Find out more here >>> bit.ly/3w049ac

Rambo67 (@guest_376591)

I really thought Chris Wallace was a journalist who reported the truth. He stopped doing that a long time ago. I guess the Democrats pay better. Mr. Wallace, it is time for you to go to the other side where you belong. Republicans no longer believe a word you say. You have showed us who you are loyal to. Fox News needs to drop you like you’re hot (as in a bad way). You and Juan must have swapped texts there for a while. I guess Donna is your text partner now. Want be long before she is gone as well. Can’t forget her giving Hillary the questions ahead of time to the Debate with President Trump, even though she denied it. Hillary is not that quick thinking to come up with such answers.
Fox needs more people like Carlson, Hannity, Waters, and Ingraham. I would say bring back O’Reilly, but I am not so sure he would be so positive or objective as he was before. We do need more investigative journalist and we need to stop holding back the truth.

Brent G (@guest_376566)

Chris Wallace is a pathetic excuse for any type of commentator/reporter/sycophant……even if he were at CNN, but rather he is at Fox. Yes ratings are suffering along with their credibility. OAN and NewsMax thanks them, yet another liberal anti-Trump hater shows they have no floor to their dysfunctional rants.

Bill K (@guest_376576)
Reply to  Brent G

Chris Wallace should have stopped writing his own evaluations long time ago. He is really at the bottom of the barrel. Every time I see his face on Fox, I change the channel to NEWSMAX. Turns out I am really getting to like them – they don’t have a mealy-mouth like Chris. His handling of the Presidential debates was more slanted than ANY Democrat moderator that I have seen.. He did not understand his job – he was a moderator, not a judge.

Won’t be long till he is gone – and we won’t miss him.

VictoriaSimpson (@guest_376530)

Start Now With This Award Winning Program And FDSw Receive Your First Paycheck Within A Week!
Find out more here >>> 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝘀𝟱𝟯.𝘁𝗸

Isabelle Rice (@guest_376508)

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour.

I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>> 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬𝟓𝟔.𝐓𝐤

Keith (@guest_376485)

I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>>➤➤ 𝐰𝐰𝐰.𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩.𝟔𝟔𝐠𝐡𝐳.𝐜𝐨𝐦 ●☚

lottie1962 (@guest_376480)

I am tired of democrats that can not grow a pair to blame Republicans of any thing at this point is like blaming a dead person that has been dead for five years for a murder that happened last year but I am sure they will find a way!

Terry Bell (@guest_376479)

I do also !

jjofaz (@guest_376469)

Chris Wallace doesn’t see the dementia in Biden because he is on the same path. His age and senility has caught up with him and his brain is rotting out due to the swamp gunk that has engulfed it. Chris finally got too weary of trying to walk the middle line and fell far left where he was always most comfortable. When Williams left it was Jaun down and now there are more to go. But who really watches FOX anymore with the exception of Tucker Carlson?

Eddie Price (@guest_376468)

Chris Wallace is vermin! He belongs on Fox about as much as Juan and Donna do!!! He is the ultimate RINO! I am sure his father is turning over in his grave at the pathetic creature his son turned out to be. He is one of the major reasons I left Fox. Well, that and the liberal Murdoch boys taking over.

alicia regina cervera (@guest_376464)

Wallace sshould know better. Hasnt he seen the videos, the painting on the streets of NY by di }blasio of DEFUND the POLICE? They started it.! HEs a full blown leftist and should be thrown out , useless and snake donkey in disguise. SICKENING, CHRIS, your father is turning over in his grave, uu have no principles and no ETHICS!

bob (@guest_376462)

Ingrown , LIBERAL , degenerate Chris Wallace is one of the reasons we bailed on Fox . As long as Fox keeps that LIBERAL jism acceptor , we’ll stay gone !!

Katylied (@guest_376461)

EVERYONE claims Chris Wallace is a full, stinking garbage bag

Gary (@guest_376455)

I know that a “real” news outlet must grant both sides the opportunity for debate and certainly Fox News is one of the major news outlets that allow just that. However, I am so sick and tired of Chris Wallace’ false Dem narrative that I refuse to turn Fox News on during that time frame. He truly needs to go because Fox is going to lost viewers if they keep him. Get rid of him now.

BettyPowers (@guest_376382)

I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>> 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝟎𝟑.𝐭𝐤

Jasmine (@guest_376354)

Start Now With This Award Winning Program And Receive Your VCUi First Paycheck Within A Week!
Find out more here >>> 𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐡𝟏.𝐭𝐤

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past.fgv I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour.

I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>> 𝗲𝗖𝗮𝘀𝗵𝟭.𝘁𝗞

Pat Kydd (@guest_377239)
Reply to  Anna

Post your garbage somewhere else