Florida man charged in triple murder that left his child’s mother dead

A 37-year-old Florida man is facing second-degree murder charges in a heinous triple homicide that took place at an apartment complex in the town of Arlington last week, according to local Jacksonville news outlet News4Jax.

Law enforcement authorities revealed that subsequent to an Amber Alert search for an 8-year-old boy, three deceased victims were found at the River City Landing Apartments, and it is believed that Terrell Lewis – the father of the youngster at issue – bears responsibility for their killings.

The dramatic scene began to unfold on Friday morning when, according to Lt. Mike Silcox of the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office, police were called to the apartment complex to conduct a welfare check after a neighbor reported hearing fighting and a loud noise.

Once officers determined the location of the apartment from which the commotion emanated, three adults were found inside, all dead of gunshot wounds, and the search for the missing boy commenced.

Tina Penn, a cousin of the child, indicated that her aunt – the mother of one of the victims – had been unable to reach any of the people in the apartment and had also heard that three individuals had been killed at the apartment complex where they lived. It was at that point that Penn ventured to the location to investigate further, and she realized that her family members were indeed caught up in the tragic scene and that her young relative’s whereabouts were unkown.

Fortunately, a woman sitting inside her home at a different apartment complex miles from the murder scene received an Amber Alert for the child on her phone, looked outside, and spotted a car fitting the description of the one sought by police.

She then contacted law enforcement officials, and it was not long before police arrived, took the suspect into custody, and saw to the safety of the boy, who appeared to be unharmed, but whose mother was in fact among the the murder victims inside the apartment at River City Landing.

According to WTLV in Jacksonville, Lewis made his first court appearance Saturday morning, and the judge presiding over the matter denied his request for bond in advance of his next court date, which is scheduled for May 23.

Hopefully, justice will ultimately be done in this case not just for the three victims of this most horrific crime and those who loved them, but also on behalf of the young boy who must now grow up without the guidance and support of his mother.