DeSantis grants pardons to those penalized under local pandemic orders

In a move certain to infuriate Democrats who implemented draconian coronavirus lockdown orders starting last spring, Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis last week granted pardons to those in his state facing monetary fines and other penalties due to violations of pandemic rules put in place by local government, as the Washington Examiner reports.

In making the announcement last week, DeSantis explained, “This action is necessary so that we can recover, have a good transition to normal operations, and also just a recognition that a lot of this stuff was way, way overboard.”

DeSantis and Florida’s Clemency Board voted to implement the pardons, with Democrat gubernatorial candidate Nikki Fried casting the only vote to oppose the move, saying, according to Fox Business, “I voted today to uphold our laws, while our so-called pro-law enforcement governor is actively encouraging people to break the law with politically motivated stunts like this.”

Among those heralding the pardons were gym proprietors Mike and Jillian Carnevale who received clemency for their own coronavirus-related infractions last month, but who turned up at the board meeting at which the vote was taken so that they could express their appreciation to DeSantis.

Mike Carnevale, himself arrested three times last year for violating local pandemic rules, stated, “I’m here today to say health and wellness has always been one of our foundational responsibilities to ourselves. It has never been the role of government to be legally and lawfully enforcing and dictating health and wellness. So today is something I am really grateful for.”

The governor has taken a series of steps to unwind remaining coronavirus restrictions within his state, having issued an executive order in May that suspended all local government rules related to COVID-19 and also signing legislation that limits the ability of local authorities to issue new emergency orders and allows him the power to invalidate orders that hinder individual rights, as Orlando CBS affiliate WKMG reported.

DeSantis’ response to the coronavirus pandemic and his willingness to push back on the sort of stringent lockdown measures favored by a large number of Democrat governors across the country is among the reasons his political star has been on the rise over the past year.

Amid growing speculation that DeSantis may mount a run for the White House in 2024, news emerged over the weekend that he narrowly topped former President Donald Trump — who has himself hinted at interest in a second term — in a straw poll taken at the Western Conservative Summit in Denver.

With an impressive 74.12% of respondents indicating their willingness to support the Florida Republican should he seek the Oval Office, there seems to be no limit to DeSantis’ future political fortunes, and there is little doubt that masterful management of his state’s pandemic response is a key reason why.

Gary m (@guest_373816)

The trouble with gun control is that it puts guns in the hands of criminals, and takes them away from law abiding citizens that need them for the protection of their homes and families. Gun control is unconstitutional as it infringes on the right for citizens to have and bare arms. The second amendment was for the citizen to protect himself against criminals and crooked politicians. That is why politicians want to take your guns, so that they can be the boss instead of you and me. Well you say what does it matter who the boss is. When politicians become the boss then you become the slave, this is what we call communism. which is a slave state under government control. This is why it should be of a great concern to you. I guess being a slave is ok if you like to have someone tell you how to live. Ask any black person that has never been a slave, but they still fear it. They should confiscate guns from criminals and give them to law abiding citizens, so that they can protect themselves from criminals and crooked politicians e.g. the Biden administration.
If this has already been posted where is it.

Gary m (@guest_373812)

What Biden is doing is not just treason, it is a violation of the oath that he took. He took an oath to serve and protect the people, the country, and the constitution, of the United States of America. He has betrayed the people, and the country, and he is trying to destroy the constitution, all of which he is sworn the uphold. So though it hurts me to say so, he has betrayed our nation, and committed treason. So if Pelosi wont take the necessary steps to remove him, then the people must. If Pelosi says the constitution does not say we can do that, in her own words it does not say we can’t either, and we are his boss, and hers to, and it is time we started acting like bosses, before he destroys the country.
If this has already been posted where is it.

IslaLowin (@guest_373268)

I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45 to 85 per/h. Without BVN a my doubt, this is the pay easiest and most financially rewarding job I’ve ever had.VTH I actually started 6 months ago and this has totally
changed my life………… 𝐧𝐚𝐯𝐣𝐨𝐛.𝐭𝐤

EdnaElzey (@guest_373071)

I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort FFF I easily bring in around $45 to 85 per/h. Without JHT a my doubt, this is the pay easiest and most financially rewarding job I’ve D ever had. I actually started 6 months ago and this has totally
changed my life………… 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐡𝟏.𝐭𝐤

Phoebe Moore (@guest_373008)

I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45 to 85 per/h.HJQ Without Ret a my doubt, this is the pay easiest and most financially MNB rewarding job I’ve ever had. I actually started 6 months ago and this has totally

changed my life………… 𝐖­𝐰­𝐰­.­𝐖­𝐞­𝐛­𝐂­𝐚­𝐬­𝐡­𝟏­.­𝐂­𝐨­𝐦

CarleneStone (@guest_372932)

I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45 to 85 per/h. Without ADt a my doubt, this is the pay easiest and most financially rewarding job I’ve ever had. I actually started 6 months ago and this has totally changed my life………… 𝙒𝙬𝙬.𝙅𝙤𝙗𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙝1.𝙘𝙤𝙢

AlishaBond (@guest_372914)

I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45 to 85 per/h. Without Gdf a my doubt, this is the pay easiest and most financially CED rewarding job I’ve ever had. I actually started 6 months ago and this has totally

changed my life………… 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝗮𝗽𝗽.𝗧𝗞

Isabella Holden (@guest_372745)

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour.KJH I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>> 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐣𝐨𝐛𝐬𝟕𝟎.𝐓𝐊

Alysa (@guest_372697)

Why did you remove my comment?

Isabella Holden (@guest_372744)
Reply to  Alysa

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour. I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>> 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐣𝐨𝐛𝐬𝟕𝟎.𝐓𝐊

Gary m (@guest_373813)
Reply to  Alysa

They said it was to conservative.

Alysa (@guest_372696)

Joe Biden is a disgraceful fool in the United States and he is a disgraceful fool in England and at the G7…..

Alysa (@guest_372698)
Reply to  Alysa

Sorry I see it now
Thanks

Ned (@guest_372880)
Reply to  Alysa

Agree 💯

Oscar Virgil Pearson (@guest_372641)

Florida is blessed to have an American Governor.

mom of 3 (@guest_372639)

Good for him……so glad at least a few Governors left have some BALLS and swing them around everyone once in a while to let other know WHO is actually running this FREAKING Country. Way to Go DeSantis!!

Reply to  mom of 3

Biden is in a position he has no business being in as he is not capable of doing the job of president. He himself told us ahead of time that he would win by fraud. He said that he had the most extensive fraud ever set up. How did he get away with this? we must make sure this never happens again. The Dems cheated big time this last election and got away with it. THIS MUST NEVER BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN AGAIN AND SHOULD BE CORRECTED RIGHT NOW! The evidence is out there just uncover it and put the real president back in our White House.

Stephen Russell (@guest_372637)

Victory indeed Hooray

Nicole Stephenson (@guest_372573)

Jesse Williford (@guest_372569)

I am making $89/hour telecommuting. I never imagined that it was honest to goodness yet my closest companion is acquiring $10 thousand a month by working on the web, that was truly shocking for me, she prescribed me to attempt it. simply give it a shot on the accompanying

site Link……….. 𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐞𝐣𝐝𝐞.𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐛

Eatund (@guest_372486)

I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45 to 85 per/h. Without a my doubt, this is the pay easiest and most financially rewarding job I’ve ever had. I actually started 6 months ago and this has totally changed my life…………–>𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐞𝐣𝐝𝐞.𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐛

CherylMoreno (@guest_372419)

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past.FCvg I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour.
I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.…___>>> 𝐦ᴏ𝐧𝐞𝐲𝐛𝐮𝐜ᴋ𝐬.ᴄꜰ