Democrat Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee arrested at D.C. voting rights demonstration

Texas Democrat Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee was arrested and taken into police custody for a few hours on Thursday during a voting rights protest at the Capitol, according to the Washington Examiner.

The incident unfolded when Lee, a longtime liberal lawmaker representing Texas’ 18th District, joined a group of fellow demonstrators outside the Senate Hart Office Building and disregarded warnings from the Capitol Police to disperse.

It was not long after those warnings were issued that Jackson Lee and others had their wrists zip-tied and were led away into waiting police transport, as Fox News further noted.

Clearly quite proud of her moment in the spotlight, the 71-year-old legislator took to Twitter to post photos of her arrest and to declare the entire episode “good trouble,” in reference to the late Democrat Rep. John Lewis of Georgia, who regularly used the term to describe demonstrations in which he participated during the civil rights era.

“I will NEVER stop fighting for Voting Rights! The time is NOW to move the voting rights bills in the US Senate forward!!” she wrote, referencing sweeping election reform proposals pending in the upper chamber, alongside a photo of herself being led away by police in zip tie handcuffs.

In an effort to dispel what to most observers was the appearance of opportunistic grandstanding, Jackson Lee explained, “I did not do this frivolously or precipitously in terms of making a commitment to spend time in jail,” as KHOU-11 reported.

“I believe when you are getting into good trouble, when you realize the 15th Amendment has guaranteed the fundamental right to vote, any action that is peaceful action of civil disobedience is worthy and more to push all of us to better and to do more,” the congresswoman said in a video she later posted to Twitter.

As BizPacReview pointedly noted, the lawmaker’s self-proclaimed, sacrificial homage to Lewis — done in opposition to the electoral integrity laws being passed by states across the country to thwart vote fraud — only inconvenienced her to the tune of fewer than three hours in custody and $100 in bail.

Ruth (@guest_385104)

She is full of it! If a CITIZEN wants to vote, they can. DOES SHE THINK NON-WHITES ARE TOO STUPID TO GET A PHOTO ID? That is insulting!!!

careh60245 (@guest_384834)

l 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝖻𝖾𝗀𝖺𝗇 𝖺 𝗆𝗈𝗇𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖺 𝗁𝖺𝗅𝖿 𝗉𝗋𝗂𝗈𝗋 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖨’𝗏𝖾 𝗀𝗈𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗇 2 check for an aggregate of $2,200…this is the best choice I made in quite a while! “Much obliged to you for giving me this remarkable chance to 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖿𝗂𝗍 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝗁𝗈𝗆𝖾. 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗌 additional money has transformed myself from multiple points of view,

bless your heart!”……….. http://WWW.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by careh60245
AmberSkelton (@guest_384709)

Every month easily makes more than $15k just by doing very simple home based job. Last month i have received $16834 from this online job just by doing this in my part time for only 2 hrs maximum a day…..

Open this site For Full Detail………….. https://www.paybuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by AmberSkelton
Elaine (@guest_384690)

bless your heart!”……….. https://bit.ly/2TPspPm

Last edited 1 month ago by Elaine
Evangelina (@guest_384549)

We have voting rights. O wait but Jackson Lee wants Rights to continue to Cheat and steal Elections and to go vote without proof of I.D. or vote from other States or Countries or have Foreign Interference in our Voting and have Illegals, animals and dead people to vote. What a freaking dumb ass. I am so sick of these Corrupt Democrats Politicians. If MLK was alive I have no doubt he’d be telling her she’s a disgrace.

Kenny (@guest_384541)

The sad thing is that nothing will be done about Blabbermouth Sheila. Why? Simple. She’s a liberal.

I get paid over $87 per hour working from home with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over 10k a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless.

Heres what I’ve been doing►,,,,,,►   https://www.paybuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Anna
Joseph Freije (@guest_384499)

Jesus dying on the cross; “Hey Dad, are you ready for Plan B?  How about DAD, if I pretend to be Satan.  He claims to be YOU, he doesn’t see me as being competition against himself, so why don’t I just show him. I mean, if came back, like the tradition says, I would have to make a transition that YOU don’t allow in this area of infinity.  YOU know, the Hollywood come back version of my ALLEGED FACE looking through the clouds giving instructions & running Satan back to hell fiction.  Yea the people would be entertained, but blood & guts are a lot better, traditional war blood & guts, YOU know, like in the movies. Humans are raised on blood and guts. I mean, let’s be honest & open here DAD, for the love of Humanity; EVIL has been killing GOOD for forever, ever since YOU let Satan see himself in the mirror, that narcissistic sociopath; & people love to be tricked if they can learn the truth later & its harmless TO THEM.  Well, so ‘I’ll pretend to be Satan, kill off his following, & then america’s “elite” won’t have to LIE about the covid & kill the masses off with the vaccines.  I mean, you know; world leaders are no one’s friend except other world leaders, so it doesn’t matter who gets killed in this pandemic, the human made pandemic; as long as it’s not one of them.  And when the Earth is cleansed of Satan’s kids, I’ll reveal my true identity & explain everything.  Heroic magic; the new Jesus come back genre.  What do you think DAD?  Will you forgive me like you forgive Satan’s kids?  Satan is a former angel, right?”

Joseph Freije (@guest_384498)

PRESS RELEASE—NEWS ALERT: Contrary to the belief of some, skin color can NOT (N-O-T) think. Some politicians would have you all believe skin color can think; it can’t. Anyone who mentions their skin color in their presentations of political dogma is NOT (N-O-T-) credible. Same with the influx sex act preference. If some “thing” attempts to persuade you with a made up effeminate voice, or words of lgbtq derivitive, tell them to SHUT UP and then walk away. america is NOT (N-O-T) a sexist or racist country, some individuals are, and they ARE a threat to the security of the country, and the world. If “they” can control americans with perversion and fear of china, russia, and lies, they can control the world, and EARTH does NOT (N-O-T) need ANY more communism, socialism, fake democracy, capitalism, STD’s and poopy hands infections or viruses. America needs MORALS, ethics, and integrity.

Horntex (@guest_384476)

These Democrats are a bunch of liars. There is absolutely nothing in that Texas Bill that takes away voting rights. In fact they expanded the time window for people to vote. The bill eliminates fraud opportunities like voting without an ID, harvesting votes and sending out ballots to everybody that didn’t request them. They removed drive-by voting that only Harris County used without state approval. Democrats only care about their party, not what’s good for America or your voting rights. Look at how they are handling the border immigrant invasion and you’ll understand how they feel about America.

Last edited 1 month ago by Horntex
Vickie (@guest_384469)

So glad to see law inforcement work.this woman was let go to many times breaking the law.she needs to be impeached along with waters,Pelosi, Biden,Harris,the rest of the sorry demrats in washington.holdthese clowns accountable for their actions for once.

Mark Ciccarelli (@guest_384447)

Fact is the Democrats are controlled by the communist party. The United States must rid itself from the democrats if we ever want to be a free nation. Americans better wake up now before it is too late. We have been a free nation and our forefathers have given their lives to keep us free .Our election was stolen in 2020. Main stream media is corrupted brainwashing people with fake news,
Corruption is in thr FBI, CIA, SCOTUS, DOJ.

JOE BLEVINS (@guest_384449)
Reply to  Mark Ciccarelli

THE SAME FILTH THAT LOST THE CIVIL WAR< WANTS LYING SCUM OF THE EARTH LIKE TRUMP TO CONTINUE EXPLOIT THE DUMBEST PART OF AMERICA> , NEXT WAR WE NEED TO SEND THEM TO CUBA AND NEVER LET THEM ENTER USA SOIL AGAIN>

Joseph Freije (@guest_384455)
Reply to  JOE BLEVINS

Did you see the pictures of hunter biden trying to have oral sex with himself (taken by a prostitute, FBI probably has those pics and negatives) while he was smoking crack. What do you call that? Holy god like example setting for children? You must have feces in your blood stream.

Scat Cuda (@guest_384456)
Reply to  JOE BLEVINS

You are a special kind of fucking stupid.EDUCATE YOURSELF….. Retired Fire capt. AND WE ALL VOTED FOR TRUMP HERE IN COMMUNIST CALIFORNIA……..Stupid Sheep, I bet your that asshole driving alone with a fucking mask on…LOL

Ralph T. Lally Jr. (@guest_384467)
Reply to  JOE BLEVINS

BS demorat idiot, many more like you and this nation would be gone for ever. begone/never return.

Emily (@guest_384494)
Reply to  JOE BLEVINS

Screw you

Irene Ramirez (@guest_384452)
Reply to  Mark Ciccarelli

Amen to this! Plus, the 15th Amendment is for United States citizens not for law breaking so-called asylum seekers!!
How this woman got elected, I’ll never understand!

Joseph Freije (@guest_384454)
Reply to  Mark Ciccarelli

“Free” nation??? My NAME from ANCIENT times literally means “FREE MEN.” My ancestors ARE the builders of foundation of this sick perverted ignorant country; which has been turned into SLUMS by extroverted jack off perverts (mostly dems, but not without key republicans). FREE-dom has been dumbed down to mean perverted ignorance (freedumb) by LAW in the name of Jesus and the flag. Agree, MOST demshits are ignorant hog slop spewing egomaniacs. Unfortunately, I live (am trapped by the courts) in a blue state. Saying the dems are stupid is more a compliment, compared to the retarded reality the repubs and dems together represent. I am Independent, and MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS to a SPEEDY trial are over 6 years old now; and ALL the evidence IS in my favor—-the dems are fighting the dems over MY rights.

Mark (@guest_384443)

The Democrats are very much in fear of Donald Trump To the extent that they illegally want to bar him from ever holding political office again!

RCB (@guest_384442)

POLITICAL BS STUNT…..

Ronald lee Alley (@guest_384441)

all the people want is to show a id when they vote so what is wrong with that to have to show when you fly or go to hosp. or see a doctor or any thing you want just try to rent a car SO WHY NOT SHOW WHEN YOU VOTE…

Katy Lied (@guest_384437)

Oh, these Dems and their scramble to maintain their voting fraud. They think they got away with it once so they want it forever. Only thing is they haven’t gotten away with anything because the entire country knows they cheated and they will find out next year.

Tommie (@guest_384436)

OH WOW!!! 3 hours….. Give me a break……

Squiggy (@guest_384434)

INSURECTION! She should be dismissed from her seat.

Nick Cignetti (@guest_384430)

Just another dysfunctional moron that calls herself a representative of the people. There is no such thing as good trouble when you break the laws of this land.

Jim Wright (@guest_384429)

Democrats fighting hard to protect their voter fraud abilities. There is nothing in these bills at the state level that makes voting harder for anyone.

Nicole (@guest_384408)

My last month paycheck was for $11,000 dollars… All i did was simple online work from comfort at home for 3-4 hours/day that I got from this agency I discovered over the internet and they paid me for it 95 bucks every hour….They are looking for new people to join their team now and i highly recommend to everyone to apply…Thanks a lot.

Visit following page for more information…………. https://www.paybuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Nicole
Katy Lied (@guest_384439)
Reply to  Nicole

Oh you mindless dolts and your get rich quick feces – get off this site

patrioted (@guest_384400)

Lock her up for 20 tears. That is what we give all traitors.

Steve (@guest_384402)
Reply to  patrioted

Yep, the consequences should go up from there with the severity of the treasonous act !!

vhiwatr (@guest_384432)
Reply to  patrioted

We must then send Trump to jail as there is no question he tried to overturn an election with no proof of illegal voting. As a traitor he should be shot.

Ruth (@guest_385107)
Reply to  vhiwatr

You are either stupid, or you cannot read. Whatever! You must be a liberal marxist – if you even know what that means!

Norm (@guest_384373)

Keep the Dumb Bitch locked up and throw away the key,make an example of the SKANK.

Proud vet (@guest_384404)
Reply to  Norm

That will never happen as she is black and will hide behind her color because that’s what the communist party do is they use color against the majority of the people to propel their demonically evil agenda!

Julie (@guest_384468)
Reply to  Proud vet

Nope. THAT RACE CARD for these imbiciles has EXPIRED!
We Must change this bs lib Chicom crap if we want 2 keep Our Freedoms