Dem. Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse under fire for membership at all-white beach club

Liberal Democrat Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (RI) found himself enmeshed in controversy – not to mention accusations of rank hypocrisy – on Monday over his family’s long-held membership in an exclusive Newport beach club that reportedly has no minority members, as NBC News reports.

Whitehouse – an outspoken progressive lawmaker who has regularly decried the “systemic racism” he says is pervasive in the United States – was questioned about whether being part of Bailey’s Beach, a highly exclusive, essentially all-white club, is in keeping with his prior proclamations.

With regard to the glaring lack of diversity at the club, the senator meekly replied, “I think the people who are running the place are still working on that and I’m sorry it hasn’t happened yet,” as the New York Post noted.

Further pressed on whether clubs such as his ought to have a place in American society, particularly given the ongoing racial reckoning that has been underway in the country since last year, Whitehouse simply said, “It’s a long tradition in Rhode Island, and there are many of them. I think we just need to work our way through the issues.”

A spokesperson for Whitehouse told the Post on Monday that Bailey’s Beach is not all-white, but did not offer any additional information to support that claim, saying simply, “The club has no such restrictive policy. The club has had and has members of color.” An attempt to obtain information from the club itself resulted in a representative stating that its management would not be providing comment.

As Breitbart’s John Nolte aptly pointed out, while Whitehouse’s club may not be technically foreclosed to members of color, as that would run afoul of the law, its nearly impenetrably exclusive nature means that it is not open to the public, and invitations must be extended by current members. That in its nearly 130 years of operation, not a single non-white member has joined speaks volumes about the club’s lack of interest in the sort of descriptive diversification progressives so readily demand of others.

Back in 2003, the New York Times published a piece profiling the club, known as one of the most exclusive in the nation, asking a member at the time whether there was much in the way of diversity on the club’s rolls. “Jewish, yes,” the club patron declared, adding, “Blacks, not really,” as NBC News further noted.

This is not the first time questions about Whitehouse’s affiliation with the club have arisen, and when he first ran for the Senate in 2006, he attempted to distance himself from Bailey’s Beach and promised to relinquish his membership, a pledge he clearly did not fulfill. Instead, he transferred his membership to wife Sandra, who is among the largest shareholders in the enterprise.

The entire episode is further proof that the far-left’s incessant lecturing about systemic racism and the need for non-minority Americans to “do the work” to foster greater inclusion is nothing more than hypocritical rhetorical posturing they never intend will have practical application in their own lives.

IslaLowin (@guest_373723)

A Begin Working in Home Now .A month earlier I GOT check of almost Thirty Thousand Us Dollars this online work is fundamental and direct, don’t need to go OFFICE,VCXr Its home online development go to home media tech tab for more detail
GOOD LUCK……… 𝐧𝐚𝐯𝐣𝐨𝐛.𝐭𝐤

Gary m (@guest_373463)

Pelosi the only investigation that is needed, is one into the actions of the speaker of the house, the house security, the DOJ, Wray and the FBI, the capital police, the DC police, Antifa, BLM, TYT. Will require any and all communications between all of these people or groups 5 days prior to and 5 days after 1/6/21. The release of all video and audio evidence, that is currently being concealed by the FBI. Also the name of the officer that murdered Ashli Babbitt, and the current disposition of the case.

Alex A. Robinson (@guest_373378)

Yeah it`s Possible…Anybody can earn 5oo$+ daily… You can earn from16000$-32000$ a month or even m00re if you work as a full time job…It’s easy, just follow instructions on this page, CGui read it carefully from start to finish… It’s a flexible job but a g00d eaning opportunity……… 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝟎𝟏.𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐮𝐱.𝐜𝐨𝐦

IslaLowin (@guest_373263)

I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45 to 85 per/h. Without BVN a my doubt, this is the pay easiest and most financially rewarding job I’ve ever had.GVT I actually started 6 months ago and this has totally
changed my life………… 𝐧𝐚𝐯𝐣𝐨𝐛.𝐭𝐤

Leah Stone (@guest_373208)

I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45 to 85 per/h. Without JHT a my doubt, this is the pay easiest and most financially rewarding job I’ve ever had. I actually started 6 months ago and this has totally
changed my life………… 𝐖­𝐰­𝐰­.­𝐖­𝐞­𝐛­𝐂­𝐚­𝐬­𝐡­𝟏­.­𝐂­𝐨­𝐦

Wilbert C. Jennings Jr (@guest_373189)

THIS IS A SURPRISE, DEMOCRATS HAVE KEPT BLACKS SLAVES FOR YEARS WHILE BUYING THEIR VOTES AND KEEPING THEM IN GHETTOES.

Katee (@guest_373139)

Every day there are so many examples of the hypocrisy of the democRAT party, yet the minority voters just don’t want to see the racism on their part. They don’t want to see all the broken promises made by the democRAT party, they just see what they THINK are the free things they are receiving. Wake up, NOTHING IS FREE!!!!!

Vince Graham (@guest_373128)

Whitehouse is just another phony Democrat racist senator trying to pull the wool over the American people eyes !!!!

David L Druif (@guest_373086)

Bless your little heart

David L Druif (@guest_373085)

6 Get Rich Quick Schemes
1 on topic

Stephen Russell (@guest_373080)

What Dems DO dictate to what we should do BUT they wont do
ALL Dems do this

Martin (@guest_373055)

I quit working my desk job and now, I started earning 95 bucks hourly…How I did it. I am freelancing over the internet! My last job didn’t exactly make me happy so I wanted to take a break and have a fresh start… After 6 yrs It was weird for me to leave my previous job and now I am delighted were i am.. Simply go to the BELOW SITE and start your work..>> 𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐞𝐣𝐝𝐞.𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐛

Kayleigh Hurst (@guest_373044)

I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45 to 85 per/h. Without Ret a my doubt, this is the pay easiest and most financially MNB rewarding job I’ve ever had. I actually started 6 months ago and this has totally

changed my life………… 𝐖­𝐰­𝐰­.­𝐖­𝐞­𝐛­𝐂­𝐚­𝐬­𝐡­𝟏­.­𝐂­𝐨­𝐦

julia (@guest_373039)

I quit working my desk job and now, I started earning 95 bucks hourly…How I did it. I am freelancing over the internet! My last job didn’t exactly make me happy so I wanted to take a break and have a fresh start… After 6 yrs It was weird for me to leave my previous job and now I am delighted were i am.. Simply go to the BELOW SITE and start your work..>>𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝗺𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝟭.𝐜𝐨𝐦

Phoebe Moore (@guest_373004)

changed my life………… 𝐖­𝐰­𝐰­.­𝐖­𝐞­𝐛­𝐂­𝐚­𝐬­𝐡­𝟏­.­𝐂­𝐨­𝐦

CarleneStone (@guest_372930)

I quit working my desk job and now, I started earning 95 bucks hourly…How I did it. I am freelancing over the internet! My last job didn’t exactly make me happy so I wanted to take a break and have a fresh start… After 6 yrs It was weird for me to leave my previous job and now I am delighted were i am.. Simply go to the BELOW SITE and start your work..>>𝙒𝙬𝙬.𝙅𝙤𝙗𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙝1.𝙘𝙤𝙢

AlishaBond (@guest_372911)