Critics slam Biden administration for falling behind China in naval shipbuilding strategy

Former President Donald Trump took pride in the decisions he and his administration made to bolster the U.S. military to levels that served as a reminder — and a deterrent — to all of America’s enemies abroad.

On the other hand, according to the Washington Examiner, President Joe Biden and his top military commanders seem to be taking the opposite approach, as it was recently revealed that Trump’s plan to expand the U.S. Navy’s fleet has virtually been completely reversed, at least for now.

Military analysts and several members of Congress have taken issue with the Biden administration’s latest defense budget, which actually calls for a reduction in fleet size for what was once the world’s largest navy force.

Trump’s budget plans for the U.S. Navy centered on a focus of adding more battle-ready ships to the fleet, with the hopes of having a total of over 500 ships by 2045. The plan would have required quite a bit of finagling to secure the funds from Congress for such a monumental effort, but many military analysts believe it was the right strategy.

In contrast, Biden’s fiscal year 2022 budget not only lacks a long-term growth strategy for the U.S. Navy, but it also results in a nine percent degradation in overall firepower, which left a number of analysts perplexed, especially given the speed at which China’s navy, which is now the largest in the world, is expanding.

“I was extremely shocked when the budget came out,” said Heritage Foundation analyst and retired Navy Capt. Brent Sadler.

The retired Navy officer went on to explain that Biden’s approach to the issue feels similar to what happened under former President Barack Obama — a strategy Sadler called “divest to invest,” though he noted that given what’s happening, it’s more like a “divest to shrink.”

As it stands, Congress mandates that the U.S. Navy have 355 operational ships, but currently the number stands at 296, with no immediate plans for expanding to meet the mandate — not even close. Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) broached the subject during a recent hearing.

“China, on the other hand, now has the world’s largest navy, has about 60 more ships than our own fleet, and has surpassed our own 355-ship goal,” the Republican senator said, adding that the communist nation has aggressive expansion plans that will bump that number to “400 battle-force ships by the year 2025.”

Cecelia Henderson (@guest_374060)

So, when are Biden and his cowardly Generals going to throw up the white flag and surrender? What he’s doing is just a slow way of being conquered by the enemy. You can’t just change your mind when you see the planes and ships heading your way. It takes years to build and man a fleet and China is ahead of us now in size and technology. Every day we fall further behind. China should send Biden a thank you note.

Joan Lincoln (@guest_374113)
Reply to  Cecelia Henderson

A Begin Working in Home Now .A month earlier I GOT check of almost Thirty Thousand Us Dollars this online work is fundamental and direct, don’t need to go OFFICE,TRJ Its home online development go to home media tech tab for more detail
GOOD LUCK……… 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐫𝟐.𝐭𝐤

Donna (@guest_373802)

This is just more evidence that the current Democratic (leaders?) have absolutely no regard for the United States as a country or for its people. All they are interested in is power and money for them and their pet projects. I consider the whole bunch of them traitors.

IslaLowin (@guest_373719)

A Begin Working in Home Now .A month earlier I GOT check of almost Thirty Thousand Us Dollars this online work is fundamental and direct, don’t need to go OFFICE,HBTp Its home online development go to home media tech tab for more detail
GOOD LUCK……… 𝐧𝐚𝐯𝐣𝐨𝐛.𝐭𝐤

Dave Pokorny (@guest_373604)

Someone needs to talk some sense into the Powder Puff, Sissy La Las that think we should decrease funding for our Military.

We watched China build islands in neutral shipping lanes for their Military. Now they have the largest Navy in the world by 60 ships.

They’re not doing this because it’s fun. There is water all the way around The United States. If I was a communist country, the first thing I would do is build ships. Those are just the surface vessels. What the hell do they have under the water.

I guess we didn’t learn our lesson from Pearl Harbor.

Stephen Russell (@guest_373425)

Dems always Anti defense day 1 see WW1 era

DM (@guest_373424)

All part of the master plan to weaken our country. Shrink the military, project weakness to our enemies, fill the country with illegals, teach our children screwed up values, get rid of the police, corrupt our election system, take away our rights and guns, and give more and more power to the renegade Democratic party.

Alex A. Robinson (@guest_373373)

Yeah it`s Possible…Anybody can earn 5oo$+ daily… You can earn from16000$-32000$ a month or even more if you work as a full time job…It’s easy, just follow instructions on this page, CGui read it carefully from start to finish… It’s a flexible job but a g00d eaning opportunity……… 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝟎𝟏.𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐮𝐱.𝐜𝐨𝐦

IslaLowin (@guest_373260)

I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45 to 85 per/h. Without BVN a my doubt, this is the pay easiest and most financially rewarding job I’ve ever had.VGY I actually started 6 months ago and this has totally
changed my life………… 𝐧𝐚𝐯𝐣𝐨𝐛.𝐭𝐤

Leah Stone (@guest_373206)

I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45 to 85 per/h. Without JHT a my doubt, this is the pay easiest and most financially rewarding job I’ve ever had. I actually started 6 months ago and this has totally
changed my life………… 𝐖­𝐰­𝐰­.­𝐖­𝐞­𝐛­𝐂­𝐚­𝐬­𝐡­𝟏­.­𝐂­𝐨­𝐦