Chris Wallace unsure of what he will do following CNN+ fold

Former Fox News personality Chris Wallace said he doesn’t know where he will be working but insists that he will be in “good shape” following the collapse of CNN+.

According to a report by The Washington Times Wallace said he doesn’t know what the future holds for him following Warner Bros. Thursday decision to close up shop at the new streaming service from CNN that Wallace was headlining.

“I am going to be fine. I’m in good shape whether it’s CNN or someplace else,” Mr. Wallace said during a virtual panel hosted Sunday by the Common Ground Committee. “What I’m mostly concerned about right now, and very, is my team and hundreds of other people.”

Effective April 30 the streaming service with the $300 million investment will no longer be streaming.

When asked by moderator Jacqueline Adams if he could “make news” by revealing his next move, Wallace said, “No, I can’t make news, and no, I don’t know. We’ll see. I mean, my gosh, Jackie, it just happened on Thursday, give me a couple of days,” he said with a laugh.

CNN’s incoming chairman and CEO Chris Licht said last week during a town hall meeting with employees that he would attempt to absorb the CNN+ staffers into the network if possible.

“There were 300 people I think that had jobs at CNN+. Some of them had left CNN to go to streaming, some of them had left other places, moved across the country,” Wallace said.

“And so I think you’re seeing a lot of the anchors at CNN+ doing everything they can to protect the people that were working on their team and make sure they either get a safe landing at CNN or someplace else.”

CNN+ was a personal project of former CNN President Jeff Zucker who resigned from his position in February, however the new leadership said they would like to see a streaming service that features all company holdings, including Discovery Channel, HBO and Warner Bros. Entertainment, instead of CNN+ alone.