Book author claims Pence had nasty confrontation with Trump in 2018

Former Vice President Mike Pence and former President Donald Trump had some level of a falling out following Pence’s refusal to intervene in Congress’ certification of the Electoral College votes on Jan. 6.

While the two men claim that there are no hard feelings at this point, according to the Washington Examiner, their first heated clash supposedly took place as far back as 2018, as Michael Bender, a White House reporter for The Wall Street Journal, wrote in his upcoming book, Frankly, We Did Win This Election: The Inside Story of How Trump Lost.

Bender’s account of a fight between Pence and Trump, which was revealed in an essay published in the Journal, came about after news broke that Pence had hired former Trump 2016 campaign strategist Corey Lewandowski.

As the story is told, Trump reportedly read the article about Lewandowski and Pence in a newspaper prior to being briefed on the matter, which prompted the former president to ball up the article and throw it directly at the former vice president — an action that didn’t sit well with Pence.

“Mr. Trump was holding a newspaper article about the hiring and said it made him look weak, like his team was abandoning him as he was probed for his campaign’s role in Russian election meddling. He crumpled the article and threw it at his vice president,” Bender writes.

Pence apparently snapped back at the former president, even going as far as picking up the wadded newspaper and chucking it back at Trump before delivering a stern message to the former president’s face.

“He leaned toward the president and pointed a finger a few inches from his chest. ‘We walked you through every detail of this,’ Mr. Pence snarled. ‘We did this for you — as a favor. And this is how you respond? You need to get your facts straight,'” Bender noted.

Trump issued a statement shortly after Bender’s Journal essay was published, categorically denying any such confrontation between himself and the former vice president ever took place.

“The story written by third-rate reporter Michael Bender, that Mike Pence and I had a big fight over Corey Lewandowski, is totally false. No such fight ever happened, it is fiction as are so many others stories written in the vast number of books coming out about me,” Trump’s statement read, according to The Hill.

1 1 vote

EricJackson (@guest_381111)

Finally a proven way of earning money , every 0ne is not a cheater, very reliable and profitable site. Thousands peoples are making g00d earning from it. For further BCZswxll detail visit the link no instant money required free signup and information Type a message……________ 𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐣𝐨𝐛𝟏.𝐜𝐟/

Katydid (@guest_380822)

If there is nothing to see, the left will make up something to see. Anything to cause divisiveness.,

LisaGustafson (@guest_380662)

For Facebook User’s, Here I looked at the paycheck of $9103 , GDIDTO SAT eefe I be certain that my friend who like actually taking home money in their spare time at their laptop. . there friend had bean doing this 4 weeks less than and bought a great Bugatti Veyron……

Open this web……–> 𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝟒𝟕.𝐜𝐟

MartyBracken (@guest_380644)

Finally a proven way of earning money , every one is not afdfdfdf cheater, very reliable and profitable site. Thousands peoples are making good GFDRtyu earning from it. For further detail visit the link no instant money required free signup and information Type a message……________ 𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝐍𝐞𝐭𝐉𝐨𝐛𝟏.𝐂𝐎𝐌

MartyBracken (@guest_380643)

Finally a proven way of earning money , every one is not a cheater, very reliable and profitable site. Thousands peoples are making good GFDRtyu earning from it. For further detail visit the link no instant moneyfdfdfd required free signup and information Type a message……________

MartyBracken (@guest_380642)

Maddison Parkes (@guest_380634)

For Facebook User’s,KJH Here I looked at the paycheck of $9103 , I be certain that my friend who like actually taking home money in their spare time at their laptop. . there friend had bean doing this 4 weeks less than and bought a great Bugatti Veyron……

Open this web……–> 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝟗.𝐭𝐤

Steve (@guest_380607)

The dems are all drunk drinking from Nancy’s crotch bag !!

Linda (@guest_380583)

First off, I love Trump! I want him back as soon as possible, but I can’t continue to donate! I’ve given all I can, I’m tapped out! Please don’t make me feel guilty that I can’t donate every day! I get people, sometimes 6 a day, begging for more money, saying “if I don’t donate by midnight tonight we will lose.” I just can’t, and stop asking!

SJHPW (@guest_380591)
Reply to  Linda

I know what you mean. I get texts, daily, emails, tons every day, don’t answer the phone, and snail mail daily from everyone wanting donations to do their job. I donate off and on but get very irritated with the amount of requests I receive. One would think they could save money by limiting the amount of texts, phone calls, emails, and snail mail.

Marge (@guest_380602)
Reply to  Linda

Thank you for speaking up. I too am tapped out. I gave my all when needed, but can’t do it anymore. Maybe if I get a token survival check, I may give a little. But enough is enough. There is more in the kitty.

lottie1962 (@guest_380612)
Reply to  Linda

Most of these are spam sorry to say please check them out on the internet first.

Reply to  Linda

I’m with you as I cannot afford to give since I have been cheated out of Social security spousal benefits thanks to WEP which took SS from teachers because public school teachers do not pay into it. However, in my case it was devastating . I taught in the Catholic School for 18 years before moving to CA and then the job I got was in public school and taught 17 years there. For 17 years I only got an $1100 pension. Since my husband died just about 11 years ago now my $1100 pension is all I have. For a while I lived using the savings but now that is gone and I’m struggling like crazy. WEP was unfair to me. They never considered one who doesn’t have a full pension. Not only that but I have to still pay in each month for medicare.
I wrote to several members of Senate and House but got the same prepared letter from each one. This showed me they did not even read my letter but just had a clerk put prepared letter in the mail.
I live in CA and can’t afford to put the air conditioner on and it gets really hot. I am now 82 years old. My husband worked until 70 thinking I would get more as he didn’t believe me about WEP. I know if I could have gotten this information to =President Trump he would have helped in some way because he would have seen the unfairness of it. But when I tried to write Trump my letter always went to the WEP committee.

PATTY BARTLEY (@guest_380577)

I want to know why our Republicans have done nothing to stop Pelosi & her cronies from destroying our country ? They need to be like the Democrats & start IMPEACHMENTS on PELOSI, BIDEN, HARRIS & THE REST OF CRONIES WHO CAME AGAINST President Trump who won the 2020 Election, but as usually the democrats walked all over the Republicans. I can’t understand how & why no one including the Surpreme Court hasn’t done something to save our Country . There is proof of BIDEN & HIS SON HUNTER with the video & Hunter’s Laptop, Then with Pelosi she has proven that she broke LAWS, ELECTION Laws. I remember in 2019 someone was interviewing PELOSI & she was asked if she thought President Trump would win in 2020, her comment was & I quote ” I CAN GUARANTEE HE WON’T BE PRESIDENT IN 2020″. I thought then she was going to fix the Election to make sure President Trump doesn’t win. I believe that’s exactly what happened, but no one investigated her. Pelosi acts as if she is the President of the USA. SOMEONE HAS TO STOPPED ALL OF THEM NOW BEFORE THEY COMPLETELY DESTROY OUR COUNTRY.

RowZ (@guest_380791)
Reply to  PATTY BARTLEY

Well…we can also refuse to re-elect those who let these crimes continue against the American people. (And write, Email, call and tell them we will not vote for them!) Watch out and pay attention to those RINO’s – we must get them out of the seats they occupy if they do nothing for their constituents. And here is another example of how the Covid farce was forced upon us for the benefit of taking Trump down….when we had the first lockdowns, an article I read said that our Dem. Reps in the House stood up and cheered when the stock market fell. Now…this is showing who was involved in this “plan”demic! We are all being taken, folks! And I hope and pray for justice to be done to those who helped in spreading the false info of the “virus” being so dangerous that we lost our freedoms and wore masks when it was merely Influenza A or B. Yes…people die every year from the flu….same amount died from Covid…yet we see no mask wearing when flu season comes. This is a fact.

Roy (@guest_380862)
Reply to  PATTY BARTLEY

Only the House can impeach that’s why nothing else has happened get rid of her.

Brainwashed NeverTrumpers (@guest_380525)

My last pay check was $8750 just ecom working 12 hours for every week. My neighbor have found the estimation of $15k for a long time and she works around 20 hours for seven days.F9Er I can not trust how direct it was once I tried it information……>>>> 𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐩𝐞𝟐𝟐.𝐜𝐨𝐦

Michael L. Pellerin (@guest_380452)

Finally a proven way of earning money , every one is not a cheater, very reliable and profitable site. Thousands peoples are making good GFDRtyu earning from it. For further detail visit the link no instant money required free signup and information Type a message……________ bit.ly/3hw1UYb

Marilyn Russell (@guest_380559)
Reply to  Michael L. Pellerin

Didn’t you read the notice about spam?

Kerry Lance Bulls (@guest_380396)

Pence will forever be a craven coward to me, along w the Republicans that voted to accept the fraudulent Electoral College vote. I’m sad over it. Sleepy Creepy Dopey Joe O’Biden is wrecking America now because of them. May they all rot. We need our Real President (Trump) back.

George (@guest_380557)
Reply to  Kerry Lance Bulls

I agree totally. The Biden administration is a freaking joke.

Rick Montgomery (@guest_380389)

WELL, YOU CAN NOT ASK MIKE PENCE ANYMORE!! HE WAS EXECUTED AT GUANTANAMO, CUBA ON 1/7/2021!! YUP, ANOTHER ONE YOU LYING NEWS PEOPLE!! YOU KEEP TALKING TO THEIR CLONES AND PRINTING IT LIKE THEY WERE REALLY STANDING THERE!! BETTER GET CAUGHT UP SOON, BEFORE MR TRUMP COMES AND SHUTS YOUR MOUTHS DOWN!!
BETTER CHECK OUT DAVID ZUBLICK ON HIS PROGRAM ” DARK OUTPOST” beforeitsnews.com!! SOMETIMES ON GRUMBLE.COM

Johnny (@guest_380375)

I don’t believe in Fake News they all Lie.

Clay Herbert (@guest_380358)

I am exceedingly “unimpressed” with the story! But, I am very impressed and amazed at the knife strikes at Trump, ALL OF WHICH WERE PROVED FALSE! For example, the demented Mueller investigation was NEVER reported until AFTER the mid-terms, contrived impeachments were afflicted at the outset, and Russia-Russia-Russia proved dead wrong, and on and on. Trump is the Communist D’s worst nightmare, and it does nothing to stop his overwhelming influence. He will trounce them in 2022 and 2024!

Kati (@guest_380348)

That was quite the non-story story. Why do most of the conservative news sources have these click-bait headlines leading to nowhere? I am learning to ignore them, but need to work harder at it.

mauricio lopez (@guest_380331)

The Republicans need to learn from the Dumocraps to close files behind their leader, Even crazy Bernie got behind the Puppet President Buythem, this is why they are in control, learn mrefers, learn!!

Jennifer E. Retzlaff (@guest_380209)

The Best opportunities To Earn $62,000/Month. We all spend a lot of time on social media every day – Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and the list goes on. If you’re used to getting a lot of likes or comments or if you’re great at motivating others through your posts,FCRTy you might want to consider turning this into a profession. It appears unbelievable but you won’t forgive yourself if you do not check it…..… bit.ly/2TOfu0a

LisaGustafson (@guest_380667)
Reply to  Jennifer E. Retzlaff

For Facebook User’s, Here I looked at the paycheck of $9103 , GDIDDTO SAT eefe I be certain that my friend who like actually taking home money in their spare time at their laptop. . there friend had bean doing this 4 weeks less than and bought a great Bugatti Veyron……

Open this web……–> 𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝟒𝟕.𝐜𝐟