Biden’s CDC reverses May guidance, calls for Americans to mask up once again

It was only a matter of roughly eight weeks ago that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) finally announced an end to the face mask guidance for those who had received the COVID-19 vaccine. It was a welcomed bit of news after a long year, and President Joe Biden proclaimed it was a “great day in America.”

However, thanks to the spread of the contagious “Delta” variant of the virus, the CDC has completely reversed course, yet again, and issued the order on Tuesday that a large swath of Americans are to immediately begin donning masks indoors — even those who’ve been vaccinated, according to CNBC

“In areas with substantial and high transmission, CDC recommends fully vaccinated people wear masks in public, indoor settings to help prevent the spread of the delta variant, and protect others. This includes schools,” the CDC announced.

The agency stopped just short of a nationwide, blanket mandate, instructing those in areas of “substantial” or “high” virus transmission rates — which covers most of the South and West — to mask up.

“Today, we have new science related to the delta variant that requires us to update the guidance regarding what you can do when you are fully vaccinated,” CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said on a call with reporters. “This pandemic continues to pose a serious threat to the health of all Americans.”

The news paints a grim picture, as many health experts had already predicted a resurgence of the virus in the fall, to some degree, but it’s only July, and case counts are already spiking across the country.

As the start of the new school year approaches — a year believed by most to be the first return back to normalcy in over a year — the CDC’s insistence that students, teachers, and all school staffers mask up will undoubtedly cause a new round of controversy.

Biden promised Americans on Tuesday that strapping on the mask — and getting vaccinated — will lead to evading the dreaded lockdowns and other restrictions that nearly crushed the U.S. economy last year.

“More vaccinations and mask wearing in the areas most impacted by the Delta variant will enable us to avoid the kind of lockdowns, shutdowns, school closures, and disruptions we faced in 2020,” the president said.

5 1 vote

Stephen Russell (@guest_384280)

For Poliitcs NOT Science Pure Power Grab

Bob (@guest_384174)

Where is the concern about the virus we’re all the illegal immigrants are coming across the border do not hear Joe Biden saying anything about the illegal aliens that he is let invade our country bringing over the coronavirus not being tested not having any vaccines and he wants the American people to put on mask he’s an idiot along with the rest of his administration is communist Conrads we will prevail we will take our country back that I could guarantee you we will not continue to put up with this bullshit their day will come where they will have to pay for the crimes they committed against our country treason child molest station trafficking of it’s all gonna come to an end very soon for these communist leftist Democrats and rhinos

Bob (@guest_384173)

How can we believe The White House and we’ve been lied to so many times about what’s happening with the coronavirus now the Delta I want to see facts I don’t want to hear from the fake White House and the fake president mouth I wanna see facts to back up the numbers I wanna see the real side not the political science

MIKE (@guest_384055)

PRESIDENT FLIP / FLOP . JUST LIKE BIDEN WAS SENATOR FILP / FLOP !

Harold Campbell (@guest_384023)

The Marxist in DC are just seeing how long they can control the sheep, planning for total control. It’s time for us Patriots to rise up with arms and forcibly take our nation back.

graceythecat (@guest_384020)

And the communist democrat cult party is still trying to herd the sheeple! (don’t look where this bunch of morons (communist democrat cult part members) are hiding the infected illegal border insurgents across the country (nothing to see there))
What other medical study are the communist democrat cult party coming up with, maybe the affects of syphilis on the black population, oh wait they already tried that.

Sosickofit (@guest_384019)

NO MASKS UR A FOOL LOOK AT THE BORDER CRISIS NO LAKS WITH THE VIRUS! Ur an idiot!

SherryEvans (@guest_384013)

I get paid more than $120 to $130 per hour for working online. I heard about this job 3 months ago and after joining this i have earned easily $15k from this without having online working skills.

This is what I do………… https://www.paybuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by SherryEvans
John McCormack (@guest_383999)

What are you going to do, JOE. When are you going to put the blame on China for this virus (pandemic).

andrew (@guest_383996)

so when does joe plan to close the border to stop spreading the virus with all his illegal children and friends he’s letting in

Merkava (@guest_383982)

Biden and Fauci always lie.

MustangUSN04 (@guest_383966)

Masks do not work. In fact, the fire fighters and civilians around the raging forest fires, we’re told not to wear the none surgical cotton masks. The smoke and gases will go right through. The virus is so significantly minute, it flows right through with no issues.
The mask has to be form fitted and with out facial hair for it to be effective. Airfed respirators is the only answer for protection.
If you can smell a fart through a mask, the mask has failed you.

Kathy (@guest_383965)

Masks contain GRAPHENE which is a poison which other counteies say it gets into the lungs.I don’t believe the illness is as dangerous as the masks.

Patricia Faughnan (@guest_383963)

I will not wear a mask again. I’ll go with the catch and release program which works so well for criminals. How did we allow this government to be in control. I am and always will be a Trump supporter.

ICE (@guest_383961)

well the CDC , Biden , Fauci all can go suck lemons and limes I refuse to get their experimental gene altering shot that has proven to be fatal and destroys a persons natural immune system. I also refuse to hide my face behind a mask this is all a setup so the DEMOCRATS can cheat in the 22 midterm elections and maintain control of the senate and house.!

MRB (@guest_383959)

is all this going on before 2022 elections so dems can do their thing again

Sandy (@guest_383958)

Wish this administration would get real. No one wants to mask up again. Why don’t they close the border it sure would help . So they say one thing and don’t really care.

Kathleen Thiel (@guest_383957)

ABSOLULTE BULL CRAP!

Nick Cignetti (@guest_383954)

Science by Moronic idiots called government officials.

Richard Hennessy (@guest_383953)

I won’t follow Biden’s unlawful orders. He has no authority to require masks. I will wear a mask where required by the property owner, or will take my business elsewhere. I will obey my governor’s lawful orders. Biden can retreat to his basement.

Don (@guest_383951)

Well, ANOTHER ELECTION is on the Horizon-a big reason for getting these “sure fire” liberals to want to initiate another Pandemic!?

Brenda (@guest_383949)

I hate Jo Biden with a passion and that ho too

CaseyStone (@guest_383865)

After leaving my previous job 12 months ago, I’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer jobs for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $71600… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet.
Join this right now…………….. https://www.paybuzz1.com