Biden slams SCOTUS ruling on AZ voting laws despite DOJ’s contrary take

Though President Joe Biden publicly decried a Thursday decision by the U.S. Supreme Court upholding a pair of Republican-backed voting provisions in Arizona, his angry stance runs counter to statements from his own administration’s lawyers, who declared that the laws did not in fact violate the Voting Rights Act, according to the Daily Wire.

By a vote of 6-3, the high court upheld two contested Arizona laws, one of requiring election officials to discard ballots case in the wrong precinct and one making ballot harvesting – the practice of collecting and delivering other voters’ ballots – a felony in the state.

In response, Biden railed that the court had “now done severe damage to two of the most important provisions of the Voting Rights Act of 1965,” and declared that the decision necessitated a doubling down in “the fight for the For the People Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act” in Congress.

Saying he was “deeply disappointed” in the outcome “that undercuts the Voting Rights Act” and facilitates “what Justice [Elena] Kagan called ‘a significant race-based disparity in voting opportunities,’” according to The Hill. Biden used the decision as a springboard for further politicization of the issue.

According to the president, while the court’s ruling was a serious blow, it remains possible for Congress to “repair the damage done” by passing the Democrat-backed legislative proposals, adding “Democracy is on the line. We can do this together.”

Despite Biden’s posturing, a number of commentators pointed out the inconvenient fact that administration attorneys had already confirmed to the high court that the disputed Arizona laws did not undermine the Voting Rights Act.

Carrie Severino of the Judicial Crisis Network conservative advocacy group made the point on Twitter, highlighting a portion of the opinion in the case which revealed, “The Department [of Justice] informed us, however, that it did not disagree with its prior conclusion that the two provisions of Arizona law at issue in these cases do not violate §2 of the Voting Rights Act.”

Former Acting Deputy Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security and former Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli also emphasized the absurdity of Biden’s argument, saying “Hey @JoeBiden, your own #DOJ agreed that the AZ laws didn’t discriminate in Feb, but only said they would reach that decision a different way!”

As is all too often the case, when it comes to stoking the flames of racial division on matters related to voting rights, Biden has once again revealed himself to be shamefully unbothered by the facts.

EstellaRodriguez (@guest_377960)

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour.

I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>> 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝟎𝟑.𝐭𝐤

JuliaNagel (@guest_377780)

I saw the paycheck which was of $9282, I didn’t believe that my mom in-law was like truly erning money part time from their computer.. there neighbour started doing this 4 only 21 months and WBC resantly paid for the dept on their home and got Maserati.
more info here……………….>>>> 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝟐𝟒𝟕.𝐜𝐟

Stephen Russell (@guest_377682)

Hooray SCOTUS awesome

Ken Hall (@guest_377679)

Lies, lies, and more lies coming from the left. Joe Biden is now the king liar, though he has done it all his life.

I saw the paycheck which was Of $9282, I didn’t believe that my mom in-law was like truly erning money part time from their cOmputer..fgb there neighbour started doing this 4 only 21 mOnths and resantly paid fOr the dept on their home and g0t Maserati.

more infO here……………….>>>>>>>>> 𝗘𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗮𝗽𝗽𝟮.𝘁𝗞

Lois (@guest_377579)

If You Are On A L00k out For A Way T0 Earn Your First Dollar Online You FDCy Can Stop Searching!
Start Now With This Award Winning Program And Receive Your First Paycheck Within A Week!
Find out more here >>>𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐩𝐞𝟐𝟐.𝐜𝐨𝐦

Lois (@guest_377577)

I saw the paycheck which was of $9282, I didn’t believe that my mom in-law was like truly erning money parttime from their computer..sdc there neighbour started doing this 4 only 21 months and resantly paid for the dept on their home and got Maserati.
more info here……………dvd….>>>>>>>>>𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐩𝐞𝟐𝟐.𝐜𝐨𝐦

Al Rodriguez (@guest_377423)

HET BIDEN! Who do you think you are? God? Your a worn out old man that can think for himself. You have to have your wife interfere in about everything.
People and I mean probably 95 % of the people are laughing at you. NOBODY respect you and especially not as a president. You continue the way you are and the decisions that you are making against the American people and your going to end up in HELL. You are Satan’s patsy. OH, I might get in trouble for saying this as I have heard someone say.

FrancesSmith (@guest_377491)
Reply to  Al Rodriguez

I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>> 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝟎𝟑.𝐭𝐤

Michael S Dowling (@guest_377412)

Dark cloud over usa

Kise Ingle (@guest_377369)

It’s supposed to be mandatory to show I.D. to vote. That’s so democrats can’t lie cheat,and steal elections,like they just did. Democrats can’t lie,proof is there.

Mollie Gibbons (@guest_377362)

If You Are On A L00k out For A Way T0 Earn Your First Dollar Online You Can Stop Searching!
Find out more here >>> 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬𝟓𝟔.𝐓𝐤

Alysa (@guest_377357)

Joe Biden is mentally unable to be president of our beloved United States.

Reply to  Alysa

You got that right and he should be made to take a mental test by a professional and from now on every candidate should have to do the same. We can’t have people who are mentally unfit running our government.,

brenda gauldin (@guest_377355)

Domocratics with bogus offers of do little and earn.
Biden , with Obamas and Clintons believe if you say any thing long enough everyone will fall in line and believe. Prove them wrong and stand for America.
sEEMS LIKE THIS TOO IS A DEMOCRATIC SITE. I HAVE NOT PUBLISHED THE SAME REMARK AND JUST RECEIVED THIS POST SO IT CANT BE TOO LATE.

SarahStover (@guest_377317)

Start Now With This Award FDEr Winning Program And Receive Your First Paycheck Within A Week!
Find out more here >>>>>>>>__ bit.ly/3hAOyc3

julia (@guest_377283)

more info here……………dvd….>>>> 𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲𝟐.𝐜𝐟

MaryCrisp (@guest_377129)

I saw the paycheck which was of $9282, I didn’t believe that my mom in-law was like truly erning money parttime from their computer.. there neighbour started doing this 4 only 21 months and resantly paid for the dept on their home and got Maserati.
more info here……………….>>>> 𝐰𝐰𝐰.𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝟎𝟑.𝐭𝐤

EvieMorley (@guest_377114)

Find out more here >>> bit.ly/3jB0qgM

JulianaPeterman (@guest_377660)
Reply to  EvieMorley

Start working at home with G00gle! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday CX I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour.

I work thr0ugh this link, G0 to tech tab for work detail.………__>>> 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝟐𝟒𝟕.𝐜𝐟