Avenatti loses again after federal judge sides with Fox News in defamation lawsuit

Michael Avenatti, the disgraced adult film lawyer who went from liberal media darling and potential presidential candidate to a prison jumpsuit in a shockingly short period of time, just received another dose of bad news to continue his streak in 2021.

According to Mediaite, Avanatti’s attempt to sue Fox News for defamation — to the tune of $250 million — found out this week that his lawsuit was dismissed. In no uncertain terms, a federal judge sided with Fox News on the matter, saying claims made at the network describing Avenatti were “substantially true” and didn’t amount to defamation.

“We are pleased with the Court’s swift decision in favor of Fox News,” a Fox News spokesperson said in a statement to Mediaite. “Today’s ruling is a victory for journalists everywhere, who should not be intimidated into silence when bullies like Michael Avenatti file baseless multimillion-dollar lawsuits.”

The lawsuit originally came into existence in 2018, after the disgraced attorney was arrested on suspicion of domestic abuse. Avenatti apparently didn’t care for some of the commentary coming from several Fox News hosts and believed it to be defamatory in nature.

Avenatti’s ex-wives would eventually tell authorities that he was never violent toward them and ultimately, prosecutors would drop the case in 2019.

He took issue with Fox News’ reporting on the arrest, but as the judge noted, the network carefully used words like “alleged, “charged,” and “accusations,” thus never incorrectly reporting that Avenatti was arrested on the domestic violence charge. Even network hosts, like Laura Ingraham, added that she was “joking” after her remarks about the attorney.

“Some comments, while caustic, are protected opinion,” wrote Delaware Third Circuit Judge Stephanos Bibas. “Many others are substantially true. But opinions and minor inaccuracies cannot anchor a defamation claim.”

Adding to Avenatti’s challenges to prove defamation, which is already difficult for regular people, is that he was considered a national figure. The standard to prove defamation is exceedingly higher for public figures and celebrities.

Avenatti would later be charged and convicted of attempting to extort Nike out of tens of millions of dollars. Earlier this year he was sentenced to a 30-year prison term as a result.

Krystal (@guest_387522)

I make up to $90 an hour working from my home. My story is that I quit working at Walmart to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $40h to $86h… Someone was good to me by sharing this site with me, so now i am hoping i could help someone else out there by sharing this site…

Try it, you won’t regret it!…………… 👉  https://www.PayBuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Krystal
Robin (@guest_387363)

Make money online from home extra cash more than $18k 💰  to $21k 💰 . Start getting paid every month Thousands Dollars online. I have received $26K 💰  in this month by just working online from home in my part time.
Every person easily do this job by just visit…….. 💕 ……… 👉  ttps://Www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Robin
Julie (@guest_387284)

These are 2 pay checks  💵 $78,367 and  💵 $87,367. that i received in last 2 months. I am very happy that i can make thousands in my part time and now i am enjoying my life. Everybody can do this and earn lots of dollars from home in very short time period. Your Success is one step away Click Below Webpage….

Just visit this website now……………….. 👉  https://www.PayBuzz1.com

Last edited 1 month ago by Julie
Amanda (@guest_387257)

Make money online from home extra cash more than $18k 💰  to $21k 💰 . Start getting paid every month Thousands Dollars online. I have received $26K in this month by just working online from home in my part time.
Every person easily do this job by just visit…….. 💕 ……… 👉  ttps://Www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Amanda
Katydid (@guest_387199)

Avanetti, the Democrats poster boy. Wow!!! they sure can pick them. He was scum from the beginning. Still is.

Marcie (@guest_387176)

Here is I started.……………………………….>>  https://Www.CashApp1.Com

Last edited 1 month ago by Marcie
bether (@guest_387175)

I am so Happy for Fox news

Janet (@guest_387174)

Love it

Melissa (@guest_387171)

Wonder who represented the plaintiff? The truth is a complete defense against an accusation of this kind. Avenatti’s lawyer should have informed him that his case had no merit.

R. B. Blackstone MRB (@guest_387170)

Memo to Mr. Avenatti:
“Remember, surprise morning sex is the best, unless you are in prison”.
Enjoy your next 30 years, and remember, anything you say, can, and will, be used against you.

JOEs (@guest_387168)

HOW COME THIS SPAM GARBAGE CAN NOT BE KICKED OFF SO REGULAR PEOPLE ARE NOT ANNOYED BY IT? IT GETS TIRING TO SEE THIS CRAP INSTEAD OF GOOD COMMENTS.

Well one thing actually went right? Wow! We should celebrate. Now when will Biden be escorted out of White House and into a nursing home? That would be another right and a bigger one.

Henry R. Carlson (@guest_387169)
Reply to  cozycalico

As actual comment , thank You

xiyofir8 (@guest_387130)

Begin Working in Home Now .A month earlier I GOT check of almost Twenty Five Thousand Us Dollars this online work is fundamental and direct, don’t need to go OFFICE, Its home online development
Just Go to This Link and Apply……………… https://xurl.es/xh63e

Last edited 1 month ago by xiyofir8
Leslie (@guest_387091)

Make money online from home extra cash more than $18k 💰  to $21k 💰 . Start getting paid every month Thousands Dollars online. I have received $26K 💰  in this month by just working online from home in my part time.

Every person easily do this job by just visit…….. 💕 ……… 👉  https://www.paybuzz1.com  👈

Last edited 1 month ago by Leslie